**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

These big corporations can always jump behind drakes biggest tracks or most popular songs. U won't here what we do or where I'm from in commercials/movies/tv shows but those are classic songs to 99% of rap fans.

exactly

Hov is absolutely a star but he has no songs that are gonna touch where Hotline Bling and Hold On Were Going On or One Dance are gonna touch

He got hard knock life, dirt off ya shoulder, Empire but these corporations can back damn near every drake song that come out. And hotline and hold on are gonna be around for a veryyyyy long time

Corporations? :lol: bro just say the songs were bigger songs :lol: :lol: it's okay...say it with me

They were bigger POP songs... I even threw it pop to make you feel better

Can I Get A
Hard Knock Life
Big Pimpin
I Just Wanna Love U

and several others were Top 20 BB Hot 100 songs.

Just because they don't sound like Pop records doesn't mean they weren't massive.

Last edited:
Can I Get A
Hard Knock Life
Big Pimpin
I Just Wanna Love U

and several others were Top 20 BB Hot 100 songs.

Just because they don't sound like Pop records doesn't mean they weren't massive.

Those were def huge songs. I prolly know them **** word for word and never listened to them once by my own will :lol:

Corporations? :lol: bro just say the songs were bigger songs :lol: :lol: it's okay...say it with me

They were bigger POP songs... I even threw it pop to make you feel better
I'm not saying they aren't bigger pop records, I'm saying these big companies gravitate toward those songs. The biggest artist put out a big song they want parts. Their gonna want hotline bling to be associated with product ___. 2 years from now when the song is dead u might see it in the commercial for a iPhone 9 and everytime u think of hotline bling u gonna think of iphones. All Jay records aren't "safe" records all the time. He got some joints but all those songs didn't 100% crossover and appeal to every demographic.

Rush hour did wonders for can I get a. I think that was the movie soundtrack it was on. That dru Hill song too. Back in the days where movie soundtracks could blow a song up even bigger.

Last edited:
Izzo
99 Problems
The Linkin Park joint
Excuse Me Miss
Girls Girls Girls
Bonnie & Clyde
Change Clothes
Run The Town

And I probably like "Roc Boys" and "I Know" better than most of those with no damns given about where they were on a chart.

Last edited:
Run the town pretty much didn't exist to me once wayne got a hold of it. Plus Kanye bodied Jay on it so that's all I remember ppl saying about it.

Jay has had some pretty lit singles though

Because your argument is stupid, because Jay-Z is so much bigger than music.

It's like having a discussion about Ice Cube and just talking music, and not including all his movies. When all of that encompasses him.

Funny how people used to brag about classic albums, now they brag about how much an artist streamed :lol:

Fetty Wap is more popular than Tupac, because he had more number one songs :lol:
see this is why I be on some **** sometime ... So why when 50 comes up he is not relevant? I mean he still has a vodka and successful show plus a bunch of his songs are classic and influential world wide .... LoL

Stop it ...

Then you want to discredit Drake although the dude is influencing the youth more than HoV right now.

Dude is being endorsed by an entire country for God sakes ... SMH.

HoV is a business Mogul ... HoV and wifey are worth over 1 billion ... I sure hope people find him inspirational ... Although he said that his mere present is charity enough ...

So what are you guys saying?

Is like when they talk about Sean Combs ... He is still influencing

Run the town pretty much didn't exist to me once wayne got a hold of it. Plus Kanye bodied Jay on it so that's all I remember ppl saying about it.

Jay has had some pretty lit singles though
wonder who help yeezy pen that verse
nerd.gif

Hov made some crazy business deals but that's where most of his celebrity/legend comes from along with the power couple thing he has going with beyonce

How is one selling 5 million records, #1 on the 106'ths and TRL's & not be considered a huge celebrity ?
He along with Cash Money & Bad Boy were the ones who ushered in the bling Era of rap
He had a HUGE impact on trends in hiphop, which then translated to pop culture

your making it seem like Your comparing Drake to a Cam'ron... Jay-Z was a household name in pop culture prior to Beyonce.

Money ain't a thing is one of my favorite party songs of all time tho. I'm not a Jay stan but if I wrote my 10 favorite rap songs ever he'd have like 3 or 4 of em.

Drake and Jay make 2 totally different types of music for different audiences. Which is why I laugh when people try to say he's the new Jay. Even on Jay's biggest songs (Izzo, Hardknock Life) he's talking that hustler ****. While Drake is making happy ex girl/relationship songs.

Last edited:
I go into threads now and I have no idea where the **** I am or what we're supposed to be talking about anymore.

"It's Alright" though :smokin

Rush hour did wonders for can I get a. I think that was the movie soundtrack it was on. That dru Hill song too. Back in the days where movie soundtracks could blow a song up even bigger.
I miss late 90's music. Jay, x, meth and red, busta, cash money. Soundtracks were relevant.  Rnb was running it to tho. I feel like the oldest 28 year old saying this ****.
roll.gif

Teenage white girls never fanned out for Hov the way they would for a Wayne or Drake; certainly not in the same era as a Nelly or Em...

who is mick jackson

what crossover song did Hov have that was on the level of a Lollipop or Hotline Bling

his biggest song until Empire State of Mind was probably Hard Knock Life

Hov made some crazy business deals but that's where most of his celebrity/legend comes from along with the power couple thing he has going with beyonce...how he's grown since the new millennium

For us to even be having this conversation to compare the two when Drake is still maybe not even at his prime popularity in music yet and hasn't really even touched the world of business or ACTING (where he really has the potential to have a whole another two more decades of being relevant to the point in 2035 kids might not even know he used to do music)

that already answers the question

since 2011 drake objectively has been the biggest rapper...you can't say that for any stretch more than a year or two about Hov...there was always DMX, Em, Nelly or 50

What do teenage white women have to do with anything? As if they are a significant? They don't understand the plight of hip hop artists. :lol:

Hate people who utter ish like this. Real racoonish

exactly

Hov is absolutely a star but he has no songs that are gonna touch where Hotline Bling and Hold On Were Going On or One Dance are gonna touch

We not talking about POP music though. We are talking hip hop/rap. If Drake was making real rap music, with true rap references and a more vulgar tone, his music wouldn't be getting played.

Jay had a song with Linkin Park in 2004. They were a huge group during that time. I just heard on ESPN that Tom Brady's intro music is "Public Service" announcement. Jay-Z is bigger than people realize.

What do teenage white women have to do with anything? As if they are a significant? They don't understand the plight of hip hop artists. :lol:

if you don't understand the power of teenage white girls you need to not get involved in this conversation.

Word to

New Kids on the Block
BackStreet Boys
Nsync
Jonas Brother
Justine Bieber
One Direction

And countless others ...

SMH ..as if they are significant ... Possibly the dumbest statement I have read this far ...

Hell ask Sisqo if he didn't eat of em.

Uhh they are people..consumers. Plight of hip hop artists? :lol: avg black kid don't care about that either

if you don't understand the power of teenage white girls you need to not get involved in this conversation.

Word to

New Kids on the Block
BackStreet Boys
Nsync
Jonas Brother
Justine Bieber
One Direction

And countless others ...

SMH ..as if they are significant ... Possibly the dumbest statement I have read this far ...

Hell ask Sisqo if he didn't eat of em.

Again, what is there power? Are you implying that they're more important than Black listeners? If so, you are wrong, asswhipe. They ain't some deal breakers for great music, smh. Again, racoon

Last edited:
Again, what is there power? Are you implying that they're more important than Black listeners? If so, you are wrong, asswhipe. They ain't some deal breakers for great music, smh. Again, racoon
You sound real ignorant . ...

Don't even know why I'm wasting my time with you.

People make song to make a living ... Not sure what exactly are you trying to get accrossed .. But again you sound very ignorant ...

You baited me once with the dumb ads anology of MJ but I'm not going to entertain your absurd POV

Last edited:
Yea that is definitely a big demographic when talking about the popularity of an artist OVERALL... I just don't understand his point in using it with Jay-z as if there weren't lil white girls & boys also buying his records in that time. Your not going multiplatinum & topping those video charts w/o that demographic.

Looking back at the songs and the content i could see how it's hard to believe some of these songs were Top 10 smashes.... but hiphop was still not fully pop at those times. In the words of Jay himself " I went on MTV with Du-rags i made them love you"

Back
Top Bottom