**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

Mac Miller got sued in 2014 though. Mixtapes have practically been album quality since 2010, possibly even before.
You got the wrong lawsuit. Mac Miller was sued by Lord Finesse in 2012.

It's not about quality. It's literally about the process that goes into the projects. Significants amounts of money weren't being pumped into mixtapes for sample clearances, features, production, mixing, mastering, etc. 

Get samples cleared for "mixtapes" wasn't a thing until that happened.

Last edited:
He deserved it the second time. He didn't get authorization for the sample, nor did he even bother to credit the original composers for the song. 

The first time was tricky because there wasn't a precedent set for it. Lord Finesse didn't just go after Mac, he went after DatPiff and another streaming site as well. 

With the advent of subscription streaming services, I think we're getting ready to see the end of "mixtapes". Why bother putting out free music when I can put it on Apple Music and get paid for it? 

Last edited:
Chance 3 was released through Apple Music for "free", it was a mixtape

WTT, has the sampled artists credited as a feature, to earn royalties...that was the only way to get songs like 'Otis' and 'The Joy' cleared.

It's really all over the place if you ask me

Last edited by a moderator:

WTT, has the sampled artists credited as a feature, to earn royalties...that was the only way to get songs like 'Otis' and 'The Joy' cleared.

Apple Music is a paid subscription service. So because there was no dollar amount attached it doesn't make it free.

That's like saying I watched Black Mirror on Netflix for free. I didn't...because I subscribed to Netflix. This is why many consider Streaming Services to be the new labels.

Last edited:

Apple Music is a paid subscription service. So because there was no dollar amount attached it doesn't make it free.

That's like saying I watched Black Mirror on Netflix for free. I didn't...because I subscribed to Netflix. This is why many consider Streaming Services to be the new labels.

Which is why I put "free" in quotations...it really isn't free...you're paying for access to the content

dude from datpiff said dc4 is an album tho
not every album is a studio album
so i guess i can see y'alls point

I guess it will be like Chance and Dave's project.

I was hoping that will be the case, as long as he took he better be getting some money from it other than touring.

I could see this dropping tomorrow night. Seem like random people been coming out the woodwork this week dropping "soon" hints and Powerhouse is this Friday and it looks like they were at rehearsals yesterday going through all the songs

Last edited:
After that moist **** u did in general I don't see how anybody here respects u b. "I'm having a bad day, leave me alone, meth please ban me" like ***** just log out. That's how I know u don't got no friends, friends don't let friends get kobe tats on their thighs, ride drake **** and have Internet meltdowns. Probably why u was pming me trynna be boys and ****.

Good grief how did i miss this? :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom