**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

Chance's previous album didn't sell 250k. Once again there's cause and effect here. How did Meek lose his popularity within a year?

and i brought up Chance not to say he flopped or underperformed, i brought it up to say that him "selling" 30k is misleading

In most cases, you'd say 30k albums sold is kinda underwhelming but you wouldn't exactly say that 57 million streams are underwhelming

why is this dude acting like streaming sites are free lol
jesus christ you can't be that dumb man

meek made a good point when he said people come at him fir his rollie raps but not thug or future for their drug and lean references.

You'll never see Thug & Future go on hot 97 and drop a verse. Meek is supposed to be more of a spitter. A traditional rapper. Thug's **** is mostly about melodies.

And it's not the rollie raps, its the way he raps about it. It's not interesting, it's not new, its not different.

Pusha been talking about coke since 2002. My Name is My Name still sounded fresh because of HOW he rapped about it. Drug Dealers Anonymous, a single track, has an 11 page thread on here, several page threads on other forums. It sounds fresh.

d
DWMTM had a direct impact from the beef since it dropped in the midst of this beef, positive and negative...if he did 300K thats impressive
dwmtm dropped before the beef lol stop reaching fam
meek was relevant before drake and nicki.

It's not a reach, but we're in here discussing a project that dropped wayyy after the beef...I was saying DWMTM would be the more logical project to discuss impact

it has alot to do with sales
why would i pay for an album when i can just download it off of datpiff?
idk if you're trolling or if you're legit ******ed [emoji]128514[/emoji]

didn't even consider that you could download it off of some mixtape sites

it's not 2003 anymore...there are so many OFFICIAL and LEGITIMATE avenues to listen to music to for free...you can't just sit there and put your hands over your ears and ignore that and continue to say that sales are an accurate metric

When they start releasing pure streaming numbers then we can say who flopped and who didn't flopped...

Worrying about pure CD sales is like worrying about DVD sales...

it has alot to do with sales
why would i pay for an album when i can just download it off of datpiff?
idk if you're trolling or if you're legit ******ed [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Once again he only put in on datpiff cause he knew it would flop :lol:

DC4 was promoted for a year as his biggest project and he had his worst sales ever. Just admit Drake ruined his career :lol:

You'll never see Thug & Future go on hot 97 and drop a verse. Meek is supposed to be more of a spitter. A traditional rapper. Thug's **** is mostly about melodies.

And it's not the rollie raps, its the way he raps about it. It's not interesting, it's not new, its not different.

Pusha been talking about coke since 2002. My Name is My Name still sounded fresh because of HOW he rapped about it. Drug Dealers Anonymous, a single track, has an 11 page thread on here, several page threads on other forums. It sounds fresh.
they don't want to hear this.

Why even mention dudes that aren't in your level period. Future hot garbage Thug in the same pile. Who cares what they dude? You have an established brand you are Meek talk about you.

i agree but at the same time meek's rollie references are exaggerated at this point by corny internet memes.
people just use that as a reason to say meek sucks when literally every rapper does it. and not everyone does it in different ways.

they don't want to hear this.

Why even mention dudes that aren't in your level period. Future hot garbage Thug in the same pile. Who cares what they dude? You have an established brand you are Meek talk about you.
most people like future way more than meek
especially since he aligned himself with drake.
plus i think meek used those examples because he has stated numerous times that future and thug are his favorite rappers

nobody who listened to meek mill before last august isn't gonna stop listening to him because he took a day or two too long to make a diss reply...Twitter was full of love for Meek the night DC4 dropped

Basically.

Meek had a following before, and he'll have a following after Drake. Drake fans operate under the frame of mind that everybody has to be just as successful as he is when there's not too many artists more popular or as popular as he is. And nobody ever claimed otherwise.

It's like a competition nobody is competing in, except them.

didn't even consider that you could download it off of some mixtape sites

it's not 2003 anymore...there are so many OFFICIAL and LEGITIMATE avenues to listen to music to for free...you can't just sit there and put your hands over your ears and ignore that and continue to say that sales are an accurate metric

When they start releasing pure streaming numbers then we can say who flopped and who didn't flopped...

Worrying about pure CD sales is like worrying about DVD sales...
they can't go off streams either .. Lord know how you have these cats paying for Views and streams. Hell im sure you have dudes in here playing the music over and over ...

More like purchased dl ...

most people like future way more than meek
especially since he aligned himself with drake.
plus i think meek used those examples because he has stated numerous times that future and thug are his favorite rappers
wait Meeks favorite rappers are Future and Thug? I'm done...

nom de guerre nom de guerre

DWMTM was an album release....made soley for retail. With a huge marketing budget and released on retail streaming platforms and for digital sales. Meaning....the only way you could listen to DWMTM.....is by buying a hard copy, buying a digital....or paying for a streaming service....in which you could listen to that album how many ever times, which count towards sales.

Dc4....was made available on free streaming mixtape sites....as well as on the paid streaming sites if you are a subscriber.

It's smart for meek because he recoups profits off of a free mixtape. So in the past.....he could have 1 million downloads or streams on dc1-3 in a week....and make little to no profit.

Now, instead of having 0 retail sales and a whole bunch of downloads and mixtapes streams...he can actually move units.

The model has changed. So now a days...say an independent artist who would only release free music on datpiff and LiveMixtapes to build his buzz or promote a project, but not receive sales....can now also throw that mixtape up on iTunes or Spotify and make money off of the free music.

I've only listened to dc4 on datpiff... all the homies did the same way. Which also doesn't count as sells... u know why because it's free.

Here's some info for the morons:
Kanye West  scores his seventh No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart, as his latest release, The Life of Pablo, arrives atop the list. The set earning 94,000 equivalent album units in the week ending April 7, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 28,000 were in pure album sales -- the rest were in streaming equivalent albums.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The new April 23-dated chart (where The Life of Pablo is No. 1) will be posted in full to Billboard’s websites on Tuesday, April 12.

The Life of Pablo  is the first No. 1 on the Billboard 200 where the majority (70 percent, in fact) of its units were generated by streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Its 66,000 SEA units equates to just over 99 million U.S. streams for the album’s tracks in the week ending April 7. (Each SEA unit is equal to 1,500 streams from an album.)
If you don't understand how looking at traditional album sales #'s on a digital only release is ******* ******ed I don't know what to tell you. 

TLOP was STREAMED over 100 Million times first week. Only a ******* moron would look at that and say "Kanye West only sold 90K albums".

DC4 was streamed over 6 million times on Spotify alone. Only a ******* moron thinks that only 50K people consumed DC4

Last edited:
Meek took the thug approach, make money off something your gonna put out for free. Honestly he owe his fans, if dc4 would've been retail only that would be bad on his part. All the pump faking and embarrassing **** he did to his fans he owed them that free be.

they can't go off streams either .. Lord know how you have these cats paying for Views and streams. Hell im sure you have dudes in here playing the music over and over ...

More like purchased dl ...

But again...there has to be a point where you ask yourself...

Who in their right mind is gonna take 9.99 and spend it on one album instead of a streaming membership where they can listen to virtually all the music they want?

Like does that make sense to you or are y'all just deadset on saying Meek flopped without acknowledging that metrics have changed? :lol:

Here's some info for the morons:

If you don't understand how looking at traditional album sales #'s on a digital only release is ******* ******ed I don't know what to tell you. 

TLOP was STREAMED over 100 Million times first week. Only a ******* moron would look at that and say "Kanye West only sold 90K albums".

DC4 was streamed over 6 million times on Spotify alone. Only a ******* moron thinks that only 50K people consumed DC4

Pretty much.

This falls on the record industry failing to accept the death of the retail album.

If they must hold on to converting streams to sales, then the number should be 10 streams = an album sold...instead the number is some crazy **** like 1500 streams = an album sold.

Dudes be on their GRIND when it comes to changing the subject :lol:

This has nothing to do with free streaming. Meek should have sold more with DC4 than his last album given streaming is now added.

DC4 only sold 50k after promoting it for over a YEAR. DC4 was his most hyped project ever. The only reason for this is Drake ruined his reputation so bad he can't recover from this. If DC4 was announced last week than those numbers make sense. But we all knew this going to drop as his most hyped project ever. The man flopped and now we got dudes making a hundred excuses for him.

Once again were witnessing history here. Drake ruined his career and he may recover from this.

Last edited:
#1 this wouldn't be history because there's a man named 50 who ruined a whole record label for real.

#2 Drake fans really are the worst

I thought it was silly trolling but yall dudes are dead serious

Last edited:
Drake fans really are the worst
Sad part is, I legit don't even think this _ is trollin at this point 
sick.gif

Last edited:

Sad part is, I legit don't even think this _ is trollin at this point 
sick.gif

This.

It's one thing if dudes were just being ******** for the sake of talking ****. But I really believe these ****** are dead *** serious.

#1 this wouldn't be history because there's a man named 50 who ruined a whole record label for real.

#2 Drake fans really are the worst

I thought it was silly trolling but yall dudes are dead serious

Well its the second time it happened *yeezyshrug* Also Ja's album after Back Down sold over 100k which is way more than Meek.

Drake probably did more damage :wow:

Last edited:
Dudes be on their GRIND when it comes to changing the subject :lol:

This has nothing to do with free streaming. Meek should have sold more with DC4 than his last album given streaming is now added.

DC4 only sold 50k after promoting it for over a YEAR. DC4 was his most hyped project ever. The only reason for this is Drake ruined his reputation so bad he can't recover from this. If DC4 was announced last week than those numbers make sense. But we all knew this going to drop as his most hyped project ever. The man flopped and now we got dudes making a hundred excuses for him.

Once again were witnessing history here. Drake ruined his career and he may recover from this.

You seriously don't understand it :lol:. Talking to a brick wall.

You expect meek mill to sell more of his free mixtapes....than his previous free album? :lol:

That doesn't make any sense man.

Back
Top Bottom