**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

You dudes eat paint chips. Only way I can make sense of this.

Let me play along for a second.

So Meek Mill sold 50K right? If I wanted to BUY the album...how would I do it? Please give me a link to where I can purchase DC4...or tell me what store I can walk into and purchase it.

You can download it right here for free, took less than 10 seconds, this does not count as a stream or an album sale. But they want to keep ignoring this :smh:

View media item 2216823

Yeah we just gotta be real by saying Meek is a bad place right and its his own doing.

I felt like saying he's in the tier as Tyga was a stretch but if he's only pushing near 50k from now on that may be right. Still if Meek were anyone else we wouldn't hear these excuses.

I mean dudes cant be srs saying DC4 being on datpiff caused this when every artists album is free the day of release.

Serious question, do you honestly believe only 50,000 people listened to DC4. If not, what exactly is your argument?

Yeah we just gotta be real by saying Meek is a bad place right and its his own doing.

I felt like saying he's in the tier as Tyga was a stretch but if he's only pushing near 50k from now on that may be right. Still if Meek were anyone else we wouldn't hear these excuses.

I mean dudes cant be srs saying DC4 being on datpiff caused this when every artists album is free the day of release.

Every artist does not do that. Jeezy just dropped an album...show me where I can download and stream it for free. I'll wait.....

You don't even try and comprehend the model. Instead, you want to run with the hot take that meek flopped because he sold 50k on a free mixtape that he's been teasing about for a year.

I laid it out for you clearly a few posts back...but you can't seem to grasp the concept.

Here we so, lets look at this more clearly. So he's going to sell 35-40 pure sales and 45-50 SPS (keep in mind this is the HIGH end of things, could be lower or higher).

Okay, lets look at the free mixtape streaming hits. Datpiff 1.2 million streams, spinrilla 2.3 million streams. I don't have limewire streams numbers. Seen someone online said some site had 7 million streams (not sure how true this is). So if we add up all the streaming free mixtape sites, that's around 10 million streams with equal 8k in sales. So lets add 8k to his HIGH total, 58k total. Also, keep in mind Apple music has 17 million paid subscribers and Spotify has 40 million paid and 100 million overall.

Also we know he's been promoting it for a year or so. Once he FINALLY dropped it, seen Nicki, Kevin Hart, Wale, Fabolous, Rick Ross etc... promoting it (sure it helped some), Nicki and Kevin Hart alone is over 100 million followers (IG).

Of course the Drake situation hurt him (even his fans have to admit that). However, as I posted in the Game thread when did 32k (independent) it was crazy how low cd sales have been overall. I would say, 80% of the music release this year didn't crack 100k first week. SALES ARE AT ALL TIME LOW! If you're not Drake, Cole, Kendrick, Nicki etc....going to be hard to push a 100 k first week. WE have some surprises every now and then though (Khaled 96 k).

He's been hyping it for a year now...we just got the release date the day before it dropped though

Meek, by himself hyping a mixtape for a year thru snippets isn't real promotion. Nor his friends posting it on social media is "real promotion".

Compare that to his last album release (which was promoted heavily for a two to three week period)....and again....was not a free project. The ONLY way you could listen to DWMTM was buy paying for it.

Think about it like this. You put a project on datpiff, LiveMixtapes, Spinrilla etc. Its free. You expect people to download it and it to do numbers. Future has the most streamed mixtapes on LiveMixtapes and datpiff etc. Hes not getting paid from it. Had he put those up on Apple Music and tidal for sale as well...he'd see some bread off of it.

You simultaneously put that same project on Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify etc. The people that are using those service...are paying for your album thru paid streaming services. You get paid for those streams thru the paid streaming services. You aren't getting paid for making it free.

At least 50k of a free mixtape was sold in its first week. That is good.

You can't compare that to his last album release....which was label promoted and only for sale.

His last release wasn't free! This is a mixtape in the Dreamchasers series. Not an album.

How about we just get rid of the physical album as we know it.

Let the artist put out a "special edition" hard copy with some cool books and **** for like $16 and they get a couple dollars off of that and the label takes the rest.

Then we combine all these paid streaming sites data together and make a new barometer for diamond, platinum, and gold. 50 million "paid streams" in a week is Gold, 100 million is platinum, and 200 million is diamond (mega star territory)

Sites like datpiff either need to adopt a paid service or not put up these new "retail tapes" because the artist isn't making any money off of them. A redirecting link to Spotify, apple, tidal, etc could also be an option.

Mega stars are the only people selling physical albums anymore (Drake, Kendrick, Cole, Jay) in hip hop but they aren't the only ones who people are listening to.

The funny thing is it was never promoted as an album dude makes a DC project before every album so I doubt anybody was thinking bout dropping gwap on it.

Meek, by himself hyping a mixtape for a year thru snippets isn't real promotion. Nor his friends posting it on social media is "real promotion".

This.
Dudes don't wanna admit they attached hype to it by themselves. Dude promoted it in the same vein he promoted DC3, a good deal of snippets and a reassurance that it's coming.

Let the artist put out a "special edition" hard copy with some cool books and **** for like $16 and they get a couple dollars off of that and the label takes the rest.

Then we combine all these paid streaming sites data together and make a new barometer for diamond, platinum, and gold. 50 million "paid streams" in a week is Gold, 100 million is platinum, and 200 million is diamond (mega star territory)

Sites like datpiff either need to adopt a paid service or not put up these new "retail tapes" because the artist isn't making any money off of them. A redirecting link to Spotify, apple, tidal, etc could also be an option.

Mega stars are the only people selling physical albums anymore (Drake, Kendrick, Cole, Jay) in hip hop but they aren't the only ones who people are listening to.

I'd say a billion streams = diamond but I agree with everything else

I like this new model for certain artist. I think it benefits street rappers a lot. Especially independent ones that kind of live thru mixtapes.

Mixtapes used to be about building your buzz....so you could feed your fanbase and tour off the mixtape...and build towards an album release.

Now, you can build your buzz and feed your fan base....while simultaneously getting paid off of your project without having to promote it via record label. So a dude like young Dolph or shy Glizzy or something can drop 3 retail tapes a year....still feed their fanbase with free music...but also sell like 30k from that free mixtape a few times a year and recoup from it.

I like this new model for certain artist. I think it benefits street rappers a lot. Especially independent ones that kind of live thru mixtapes.

Mixtapes used to be about building your buzz....so you could feed your fanbase and tour off the mixtape...and build towards an album release.

Now, you can build your buzz and feed your fan base....while simultaneously getting paid off of your project without having to promote it via record label. So a dude like young Dolph or shy Glizzy or something can drop 3 retail tapes a year....still feed their fanbase with free music...but also sell like 30k from that free mixtape a few times a year and recoup from it.

Exactly. Idk how but the model gotta change for our rappers. Dudes like future, thug, Migos, Joey Badass, asap, etc are really out here going gold and platinum when they drop stuff but aren't getting the recognition they deserve because of the archaic model of albums sales when we don't even live in those times anymore. Doing something like this will open up so much more opportunities to have our own awards, accolades, less dependency on labels, etc.. rap is just different and should be treated as such

Last edited:
Fam Datpiff so trash, the day they make you pay service will be the end of it. But now that I think about it that prolly is the reason almost all mixtape sites have their own app. Datpiff is already well of being free, giving ****** functionality, allowing "really underground" artists a format to release music, and make guap off ads, and premium accounts

Future is a 2x plat artist
Rocky is a platinum artist

Idk what other recognition these dudes need. I think Thug deserves recognition but the leaks and no support from his fans hurt him. Migos, Bad*****, Glizzy and Dolph don't need recognition they know where they are and are making the best of it

Last edited:
I don't even understand how as a man, you become this way.

You gotta relax b.

:rofl: :rofl: :smh:

Some of the things I've been seeing in here are headache-inducing.

If I wanted to BUY the album...how would I do it? Please give me a link to where I can purchase DC4...or tell me what store I can walk into and purchase it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dc4/id1168985937

Not trying to support any side of any nonsensical arguments by posting this, just so there's no confusion :lol:

But not everyone who buys physical copies buys from itunes ESPECIALLY IF THE SAME PROJECT IS ALL OVER FREE MIXTAPE SITES :lol:

Why would I pay for the mixtape when I have datpiff app for free? I don't get it. Gucci my favorite rapper, but when he drops free mixtapes I just download em, I'm not buying a mixtape b.

Last edited:
Aight, Meek has definitely had self-inflicted wounds in this whole beef, but you can't be that out of touch to place him in the same boat Tyga :lol: :rofl: Tyga probably still can't perform anything past Rack City right now. A lot of people were anticipating DC4 and just a little over a year ago he had one of the highest first week sales in rap

I really don't think it's excuses though. DWMTM had your traditional album push with built up singles, and it translated to more than solid sales. Though DC4 was promoted for more than a year, where were his actually songs? All he was doing was getting on IG and dropping 7 second snippets :lol: I just don't think that he'd pull 50K had he promoted this like his previous album. I know tunelinks lists a lot of stuff as mixtapes, but then when you click on it, it's basically an itunes stream. I'm really not sure Meek knew whether DC4 would be a mixtape or an album, because as we know by now, he doesn't think things through :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom