**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

People are actually in here arguing about free mixtape sales numbers.

Before one of you tries to say it isn't a free tape because itunes is charging for it, understand that some of us have been downloading free mixtapes for years and will probably never pay for a mixtape that's on datpiff and other sites for free.

Trying to compare sales of a mixtape that's available for free on multiple sites to a full retail album is dumb.

Last edited:
I know DC4 just dropped but i was wondering why this thread jump so much.

My goodness at some of the foolishness in here. 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

Long convoluted argument about sales just to say that Drake "ruined" Meek.

I know fan is short for fanatic but some of y'all dudes need help.

37:20 I told drake I didn't like the verse. Drake- I didn't write it (I'm goin in verse)

Complex: But you have written for him before?

Nickelus F: Verses?

Complex: Yeah.

Nickelus F: Yes, I have done a verse.

Complex: What was that one verse in particular?

Nickelus F: I don't want to say! [Laughs].

Complex: Was it well known?

Nickelus F: Yeah, it's well known. I don't know if I necessarily want to put that out there. That's my homie at the end of the day.

Nickelus F: Well, it was on the So Far Gone retail version. I'll just say that much. I don't want to say what song.

[...]

Complex: It's got to be "I'm Goin' In" then?

Nickelus F: [Laughs]

Last edited:
Proposition Joe Proposition Joe literally no one is arguing whether Drake has writers or not :lol: we all know this already

It's even worse that you in the Meek thread posting that

Proposition Joe Proposition Joe literally no one is arguing whether Drake has writers or not :lol: we all know this already

People always ask for proof, I'm posting proof, now post this proof you having main stream rappers getting VERSES written for them, as you claim

Last edited:

People always ask for proof, I'm posting proof, now post this proof you having main stream rappers getting VERSES written for them, as you claim

Drake is a pop star...not a rapper, again, another fact everyone is in agreeance with

Drake is a pop star...not a rapper, again, another fact everyone is in agreeance with
The problem you aren't seeing is Drake himself disagrees with this fact otherwise he wouldn't have his writers constantly write verses about how he's the best rapper out right now.

Thank u b. But everyone isn't on the same page with that. For example ya boy who came in here not making sense.

Aight, Meek has definitely had self-inflicted wounds in this whole beef, but you can't be that out of touch to place him in the same boat Tyga :lol: :rofl: Tyga probably still can't perform anything past Rack City right now. A lot of people were anticipating DC4 and just a little over a year ago he had one of the highest first week sales in rap

Yeah we just gotta be real by saying Meek is a bad place right and its his own doing.

I felt like saying he's in the tier as Tyga was a stretch but if he's only pushing near 50k from now on that may be right. Still if Meek were anyone else we wouldn't hear these excuses.

I mean dudes cant be srs saying DC4 being on datpiff caused this when every artists album is free the day of release.

I really don't think it's excuses though. DWMTM had your traditional album push with built up singles, and it translated to more than solid sales. Though DC4 was promoted for more than a year, where were his actually songs? All he was doing was getting on IG and dropping 7 second snippets :lol: I just don't think that he'd pull 50K had he promoted this like his previous album. I know tunelinks lists a lot of stuff as mixtapes, but then when you click on it, it's basically an itunes stream. I'm really not sure Meek knew whether DC4 would be a mixtape or an album, because as we know by now, he doesn't think things through :lol:

Of course this being on datpiff effected the "sales" I ain't even know this **** was for sale. :lol:

This wasn't pushed as a album with singles and all that.

at this point everyone has ghostwriting accusations.

I don't care about that. I look at the final body of work.

at this point everyone has ghostwriting accusations.

I don't care about that. I look at the final body of work.

But everyone doesn't have ghost writing accusations, go somewhere else with that nonsense :lol:

I like drakes music just as much as the next person but I refuse to normalize what he does in the rap world

Last edited:

The problem you aren't seeing is Drake himself disagrees with this fact otherwise he wouldn't have his writers constantly write verses about how he's the best rapper out right now.

He pays em well enough to be able to talk that talk

He pays em well enough to be able to talk that talk
I honestly think if he didn't try to talk that talk people wouldn't be going at him the way they have.

Everybody knows Kanye doesn't write the majority of his songs but he also doesn't challenge his peers the same way Drake does.

If Drake just chilled on that and dropped good music then most people wouldn't care.

Back
Top Bottom