**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

The lyrics on Hot _ are trash, we all know this, but that's not why ****** like the song, so why aren't you holding Bobby to the same standard that you would hold to somebody else?

You're literally changing the standards when you admit that this particular song is better than Tom Ford even tho the lyrics are WAY worse, no substance etc. Yet, in the same breath will criticize other rappers for slacking in "craft and artistry"?

It can't be both ways bro. We all know lyrics aren't the end all be all when it comes to making a good song but for some reason it's only cool when it's a rapper _'s like themselves. When it's somebody you don't like they need to step their bars up, come with some substance, etc

From what I've seen I don't think anybody in here said anything about Jay or Tom Ford being trash lyrically although there are some weak *** lyrics on the song.

As for the last statement, there's a flock of hot new artists in EVERY genre EVERY year. Some stay some go. This isn't exclusive to trap or hip hop in general so idk where you're even getting at with that.

Statistically, how many people on the yearly XXL freshman cover end up getting to the next level?

The lyrics on Hot _ are trash, we all know this, but that's not why ****** like the song, so why aren't you holding Bobby to the same standard that you would hold to somebody else?

You're literally changing the standards when you admit that this particular song is better than Tom Ford even tho the lyrics are WAY worse, no substance etc. Yet, in the same breath will criticize other rappers for slacking in "craft and artistry"?

Fam what are you talking about, i'm not changing standards at all.... i don't think Tom ford is a bad song because of the lyrics o lack of substance, or because it's from Jay. I dislike the beat, i dislike the flows, the energy is off it's just a bad soong in general IMO. If bobby came out with it i would consider it the same type of trash.

I criticize other rappers about substance and artistry when i see those artist mentioned amongst a different caliber of rappers that their names shouldn't pop up. Cats are acting as if i don't like any of these songs. Uzi has a handful of songs i rock with, I listen to Migos, a lot of the songs that pop in the club i like in certain settings. However i am also not that ***** claiming these same artist to be the hottest rappers out, or claiming that one of these ****** are dropping "classic material"

There's a handful of Bobby tracks that i like, i don't think he's an amazing talent, but in the lane of rap they are in they make good music. At no point however am i gonna start fronting like these dudes are making incredible music or **** that isn't easy to replicate. I don't have a problem admitting that, with these other artist dudes are acting as if they are really Nice. like they're really making game changing brand new music and that's the disconnect.

and as far as the trap rap **** goes... yes other genre's in music have artist that lose steam... but it's been like a damn royal rumble of ****** year after year who get the most minuscule of buzzes, then 6 month later they're obsolete because the music they were making can be so easily replicated.

a ***** get one mixtape in with 4-5 bangers and suddenly there the new "big" thing.. they continue to drop the same non motivated records and the crowd that built them is now dickriding a newer ios version of the last rapper.

Why does this guy mention thug so much ? Wayne's music sucks in 2016 get over it ...it's been this way for years ...talking about he making good songs FOH and notable lyrics :rofl: this ***** drunk at 3:00pm ... Also you seem wayyyyyy too concerned about these new ****** for someone who hates them

Last edited:
Wayne sucks and has sucked for a very long time. Thug took the image Wayne was going for but executed it right. I could literally not have heard any old Wayne music to compare and hear his new **** and say how it sounds terrible. He doesn't sound good trynna use that sound. Thug is farrrrrrrrr better with the melodies, hooks, and the songs just sound better. Wayne should stick to features if he wants to rap.

Wayne sucks and has sucked for a very long time. Thug took the image Wayne was going for but executed it right. I could literally not have heard any old Wayne music to compare and hear his new **** and say how it sounds terrible. He doesn't sound good trynna use that sound. Thug is farrrrrrrrr better with the melodies, hooks, and the songs just sound better. Wayne should stick to features if he wants to rap.

That's your opinion, and from my side it looks NUTS to me that someone doesn't wanna hear Wayne rap, and yet in the ame universe is awaiting thug music. Because from my side Wayne is better than him in EVERY category listed, and if someone sees it the other way, to say he's farrrrrrrrrrrr better also sounds crazy. I chalk this up to Wayne being around to long and no longer being the cool "IT" guy. it happened to everybody in that lane outside of Gucci, because he catches rappers at their infancy & does tapes with em, so the new wave of young ********rs attach to his wave also.

This **** seems like a Bizarro world, in some of these arguments.

2chainz is "washed"... Yo son throw on that new 21.... In my mind i'm literally going category by category trying to figure out what he does better than 2 chainz AT ALL. nothing besides being a new *****.

2 chainz lowkey has been mvp of 2016 tho... son been killing features and dropped all good projects, only maybe is the joint with wayne... because of wayne. Their "********rs" because their fans or like someone u don't like music ? :lol:. Wayne just sucks, the whole rock n roll reinvent sucked, tried to come back and rap and it sucked, tried to harmonize and hop on the autotune wave it sucked. He should've stayed in his pre c3 style, dude was that guy.

2 chainz lowkey has been mvp of 2016 tho... son been killing features and dropped all good projects, only maybe is the joint with wayne... because of wayne. Their "********rs" because their fans or like someone u don't like music ? :lol:. Wayne just sucks, the whole rock n roll reinvent sucked, tried to come back and rap and it sucked, tried to harmonize and hop on the autotune wave it sucked. He should've stayed in his pre c3 style, dude was that guy.

Wa_n_ didn't even out-rap 2Chainz on that "joint album" but Wa_n_ is supposed to be levels way above dudes that are supposedly trash :lol:

Why does this guy mention thug so much ? Wayne's music sucks in 2016 get over it ...it's been this way for years ...talking about he making good songs FOH and notable lyrics
roll.gif
this ***** drunk at 3:00pm ... Also you seem wayyyyyy too concerned about these new ****** for someone who hates them
roll.gif

It can't be both ways bro. We all know lyrics aren't the end all be all when it comes to making a good song but for some reason it's only cool when it's a rapper _'s like themselves. When it's somebody you don't like they need to step their bars up, come with some substance, etc

From what I've seen I don't think anybody in here said anything about Jay or Tom Ford being trash lyrically although there are some weak *** lyrics on the song.

As for the last statement, there's a flock of hot new artists in EVERY genre EVERY year. Some stay some go. This isn't exclusive to trap or hip hop in general so idk where you're even getting at with that.

Statistically, how many people on the yearly XXL freshman cover end up getting to the next level?

Fam what are you talking about, i'm not changing standards at all.... i don't think Tom ford is a bad song because of the lyrics o lack of substance, or because it's from Jay. I dislike the beat, i dislike the flows, the energy is off it's just a bad soong in general IMO. If bobby came out with it i would consider it the same type of trash.

I criticize other rappers about substance and artistry when i see those artist mentioned amongst a different caliber of rappers that their names shouldn't pop up. Cats are acting as if i don't like any of these songs. Uzi has a handful of songs i rock with, I listen to Migos, a lot of the songs that pop in the club i like in certain settings. However i am also not that ***** claiming these same artist to be the hottest rappers out, or claiming that one of these ****** are dropping "classic material"

There's a handful of Bobby tracks that i like, i don't think he's an amazing talent, but in the lane of rap they are in they make good music. At no point however am i gonna start fronting like these dudes are making incredible music or **** that isn't easy to replicate. I don't have a problem admitting that, with these other artist dudes are acting as if they are really Nice. like they're really making game changing brand new music and that's the disconnect.

and as far as the trap rap **** goes... yes other genre's in music have artist that lose steam... but it's been like a damn royal rumble of ****** year after year who get the most minuscule of buzzes, then 6 month later they're obsolete because the music they were making can be so easily replicated.
For starters being called "hot" isn't saying they're the best or even good tbh. It's literally just saying they're hot. Even then 1 _ in the Thug thread said that and you bring up every single time  .

I will say this tho, one of Thug's tapes outdid Ferg's actual album first week so he is at least a lil hot  
laugh.gif

Second, who in here said anything about any of these dudes making classic material? Who mentioned any of this **** being "game changing"? At this point you just making up strawmans to tear down bro.

The main problem I see is why somebody can't be considered "nice" in their own lane? Isn't you saying Bobby makes "good music for his lane" essentially saying he's "nice"................in his own lane?
laugh.gif

And again, trap rap isn't any special case for artists fizzling out bro. Music industry works fast as hell, thats why people like Drake and Jay consistently try and align themselves with what's popping even if its just something simple as acknowledging said trend, artist or sound exists. Labels sign plenty of _'s every year that will never even release a project, sometimes due to **** completely out of there control.

Just because you aren't familiar with the droves of other artist in other genres that come in and get rinsed doesn't mean they don't exist. How many people are still around from the chillwave era?

and like I said before, going back to the beginning of the XXL Freshman **** how many of these _'s reach the next level? 

Last edited:
But they clowning her in the comments :lol: Ole drake and macklemore are my favorite rappers ***

should could've at least delivered the joke right 

the whole drake bully act is dying too . dem dont wan come fi di blah blah blah shut up
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom