**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

I thought we've been come to the conclusion hip hop was broken down to sub genres. Lil uzi and Jay z aren't in the same lane, not close. The ***** that made the blueprint made Tom Ford :x hurts to even think about. Jay still shows flashes here and there but I just want him far away from trap beats.

I don't get this vibe at all from most people... and i think that's what causes a lot of the arguments/debates in hiphop because certain ish just sounds outlandish when all viewed under the same scope.

Also Tom ford was trash... but Let's not act like Hov hasn't skated disgustingly on some trap sounding beats (namely We made it)

I don't want a full project of that, but he can easily skate on those beats while using his own style

Last edited:
so wait uzi and yachty's existence means we can't judge Jay Z's new projects against Chance, Anderson paak, Kanye, Drake, Kendrick, DRAM, Cole?

i'm not understanding the logic

and in any case, I don't wanna hear a new Jay Z album unless he's taking Ross' lane of mafioso riding music

will wait for it to come out before i write it off though...mike will and his ghost writers are hit or miss but I know Zay laced him crazy

I don't get this vibe at all from most people... and i think that's what causes a lot of the arguments/debates in hiphop because certain ish just sounds outlandish when all viewed under the same scope.
Well maybe me and a few others here discussed it a while ago. Rock fans judge hard rock and soft rock differently. I hold Jay to a certain standard also, he's put out some of the best rapper albums I've ever heard and is the best rapper I've ever listened to so to hear Tom Ford esque tracks is like idk how to even explain it.

Fire off then bruh
laugh.gif

So, you listening to Ab Soul, Freddie Gibbs, Skyzoo, J. Cole, Dave East, Herb/Bibby, Schoolboy Q, Joey Badass, Mick Jenkins, etc. etc?

We not even talking about radio or mainstream
laugh.gif

The scapegoat for every discussion is "radio". Most of us are well aware of other guys, being that the majority of us don't even f_ with the radio. Stop crying bruh
This. 

MCHG was decent for what it is.

When it comes to discussions like this i'm always confused, because the complaint i usually here about jay revolve around lyrics and substance...... yet i will usually see the same people praising **** that lack infinitely worse in those categories. This is why hiphop needs to separate into different Genre's.

new rapper could say "i don't rock tom ford i pop molly's" thread full of :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Hov says "I don't pop molly's i rock tom ford" and it's the trashest thing in rap.
If we are gonna judge artist by different standards then it should be completely different Genre's.

bcuz i'm in agreeance that "Tom ford" is trash, but compared to a lot of the **** i see people praising it's reasonable doubt status.

Yo.....you do THIS....every time :lol: [emoji]128580[/emoji]

Reminds me of when a girl says "I find it funny how".....When nothing is there.

Criticizing Hov for being subpar.....and liking another completely different type of song or sound do not equal each other.

It's possible to say "Tom Ford" was trash....and still like "Family to feed" or something by Dae Dae

:lol:

Last edited:
Yo.....you do THIS....every time :lol: [emoji]128580[/emoji]

Reminds me of when a girl says "I find it funny how".....When nothing is there.

Criticizing Hov for being subpar.....and liking another completely different type of song or sound do not equal each other.

It's possible to say "Tom Ford" was trash....and still like "Family to feed" or something by Dae Dae

:lol:

never understood how he doesn't understand that all artist new music exists in the context of their old catalog

he tried that same **** with wayne and thug too

what's there not to understand about me liking i rock tom ford if it comes from lil uzi vert who i've never heard of before but not wanting to hear it from the ***** who made American gangster and blueprint

it's the same with anything in life...just because you like a cheeseburger every now and then doesn't mean you'd be okay with going to ruth chris and them giving you a mcdonald's beef patty instead of the steak you're usually used to

never understood how he doesn't understand that all artist new music exists in the context of their old catalog

he tried that same **** with wayne and thug too

what's there not to understand about me liking i rock tom ford if it comes from lil uzi vert who i've never heard of before but not wanting to hear it from the ***** who made American gangster and blueprint

it's the same with anything in life...just because you like a cheeseburger every now and then doesn't mean you'd be okay with going to ruth chris and them giving you a mcdonald's beef patty instead of the steak you're usually used to

because your idea of a good meal is fast food.

To drive the point home even further.....we loved THIS by Diddy and Mase....

View media item 2232398

But hated THIS by Jay Z :lol:

View media item 2232399

That's all it is. Dude only plays "I find it funny".....when it has to do with an NYC artist....going with another sound or regional sound.

[emoji]128580[/emoji]

I hated both

I'm just glad Puff didn't ruin Jay's career like he did Mic Geronimo's

I don't think some people realize how hated Puff was by many of us back then. Son was like like Lil Yachty.

I only liked the non Puffy albums, G-Dep and Black Rob, and if it wasn't for Harlem I probably wouldn't have messed with them. Hell, I never even listened to Mase's first album for years. I don't think I've ever listened to Loon's.

Joint was super watered down. And yes by "today's standards". And when I say that I'm not talking about no damn Yachty or Uzi type **** either.

_'s with bars and substance didn't just drop off the face of the planet when trap was born.

Edit: If mainstream radio type **** is how y'all judging the rap standard of today let me go ahead and excuse myself from this discussion
eyes.gif
Fire off then bruh
laugh.gif

So, you listening to Ab Soul, Freddie Gibbs, Skyzoo, J. Cole, Dave East, Herb/Bibby, Schoolboy Q, Joey Badass, Mick Jenkins, etc. etc?

We not even talking about radio or mainstream
laugh.gif

The scapegoat for every discussion is "radio". Most of us are well aware of other guys, being that the majority of us don't even f_ with the radio. Stop crying bruh
I listen to literally everybody on that list except Cole and Badass. And even then I still check for their new **** like I do everybody else just in case I might like something. Cole and Kendrick ain't the end all be all of bars and substance but that seem like the only _'s that get brought up when it comes to that. I can't take anybody with a stable internet connection in 2016 serious that think Cole and Kendrick are the only people out here with substance, bars etc
When it comes to discussions like this i'm always confused, because the complaint i usually here about jay revolve around lyrics and substance...... yet i will usually see the same people praising **** that lack infinitely worse in those categories. This is why hiphop needs to separate into different Genre's.

new rapper could say "i don't rock tom ford i pop molly's" thread full of
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hov says "I don't pop molly's i rock tom ford" and it's the trashest thing in rap. If we are gonna judge artist by different standards then it should be completely different Genre's.

bcuz i'm in agreeance that "Tom ford" is trash, but compared to a lot of the **** i see people praising it's reasonable doubt status.
This is not a good comparison at all man but I will say this.....everything ain't good on everybody. 

and it kinda already is into loose separate genre's, _'s just need to use their brain and stop tryna be elitist. You said Tom Ford was trash, I could easily come in here to defend it and be like "but but but you liked Hot ***** 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Why all the hate on Tom Ford.

Joint was kinda hard especially when I found out the reference to Tom Ford cologne smelling like coke and he puts it in rock form. Aka a seller not a custy..

I actually did like Tom ford

that beat was crazy

i just wanna hear Hov do a 2016 version of Hov I don't wanna hear any "um yeahs" or auto tune from a 50 year old

Hip Hop elitists make me sick. Like what do y'all Ns listen to at parties or get togethers :lol:

I don't know bruh, people vibes to James Brown or Earth Wind & Fire in the 70s, Michael Jackson in the 80s, I guess everybody just stands around like an observatory [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Dancing ahhh n_ SkurrttSkurrtt, relax dawg

Last edited:
Hey, before the new millennium or 2016, nobody danced at parties. Thank goodness for times we're in now, people know to to dance and unwind in social settings :rolleyes

I always thought it was weird when people just started standing around at clubs/parties, especially the women. Get all nice and dressed up to dance in a circle with other women for 3 minutes then tell guys "nah I'm good" and sit down the rest of the night :lol:

Back
Top Bottom