Official Memphis Grizzlies 2011-2012 Season Thread

SPURS just son the girzz. word to homie sonNing Henz0 for his ipad.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Well, that was ugly.

No love at all for the bigs tonight. Pondexter getting as many minutes as Juice and TA.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Grizz had 5 wings and a combo forward see real minutes tonight.

Rudy, TA (and it was November Tony tonight not Playoff Tony), OJ, Young, Pondexter & Cunningham.

I kind of think this one of those games where the rotation decisions of the coach are sending a message to the GM, i.e., you give me a bunch of wings and a combo forward with no backup center? Ok, then we'll play the combo forward at center with all the wings and do the best we can while trying to push the limit on our center's minutes without running him into the ground.

It is going to take a trade or a lot of tinkering to sort things out. Personnel balance is out of whack right now.

The offense looked like from the 20-30 win seasons.. No assists, straight 1 on 1 play
30t6p3b.gif

The Thunder have lost five of their last six at Memphis, with the three-OT game the lone victory.

nerd.gif

Keep the turnovers down, pound it inside and let Rudy and co work off of Zbo/Marc. This should be a good game, but definitely see Memphis coming out on top. This is OKC's 3rd game in 4 nights.

Also, TA needs to play under control. He tweeted me after the game saying he got me
laugh.gif

^lol..tell that fool to go back to the grizzly TA, bearded and give a dambless
This'll be the 1st grizz game caught by me this yr
Can't wait

Grizzlies haven't been able to defend the three point line or shoot from the perimeter through two games. Trading away Greasy and letting Shane go without bringing any legitimate shooters in.
30t6p3b.gif
Not to mention the team still needs another big man. Gasol and Z-Bo will be dead by the end of January if a move isn't made soon.

Memphis can't never play this team with a healthy starting 5. Never.
Until Memphis learn how to defend the 3, they are going to keep seeing results like tonight and from Monday. I hope Conley is alright too. As much as some of you hate him, the guy runs the offense pretty well. Pargo can too, but now we don't have a guy to back him up. Selby just isn't quite ready.

As for Zbo and Rudy....not really worried. They will get back in their groove soon. We still need another big man and I don't understand why Cunningham only played 5 minutes. But, I forgot it takes Hollins about 2 months to get a set rotation. OJ got 28 minutes tonight, only took 5 shots....needed him to step up to match Harden somewhat. 

I hate that every season, we got to witness this team start slow ALL THE TIME though. As bad as Memphis played in these two games, they were in both games against really good teams. That's a positive. Gotta get ready for the All Mighty Rockets.
laugh.gif

[h1]
[h1]Griz waive journeyman Skinner; is Haddadi returning?[/h1]
By Ronald Tillery on December 29, 2011 4:14 PM

Brian Skinner's stint with the Grizzlies is over.

The team waived the journeyman center today, cutting its roster to 14 players. Skinner appeared in just one regular-season game for the Grizzlies. He logged four minutes Monday night at San Antonio in the season opener.

Skinner didn't play in the Grizzlies' home-opening loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder Wednesday night in FedExForum. No, the Griz aren't planning to re-acquire center Hasheem Thabeet, whom they traded to the Houston Rockets last season.

Releasing Skinner is likely a precursor to the Griz bringing back reserve center Hamed Haddadi. A source with knowledge of the situation told The Commercial Appeal that Haddadi is scheduled to arrive in Memphis with a tourism visa today or tomorrow.

The 7-foot Iranian has been in Dubai trying to obtain a work visa. But that already tedious effort stalled when the Griz withdrew their $2 million qualifying offer from Haddadi.

So here's the strategy: Haddadi returns to Memphis and signs a one-year deal that will pay him between $1 and $1.5 million this season. Once employed, the hope is that Haddadi will be granted a work visa by traveling to Canada for an interview with the U.S. Embassy a la the Marc Gasol experience.

TIP-IN: Starting point guard Mike Conley was still in a walking boot today to treat his left ankle sprain. The team is officially listing Conley's status as day-to-day but he's sure to miss the next two games at least.
[/h1]

Thank goodness. I'll take Haddadi > Skinner any day of the week. Hopefully, a trade is coming though.

A Spurs fan is saying "good luck making it to the finals"....
laugh.gif
good luck rebuilding.

Still will make the playoffs and go further than y'all.

I (@*#&$^ hate Memphis right now
laugh.gif
Gasol & Z-Bo with their big bruising ^@% bodies hogging up the lanes

The frontline doing work.
pimp.gif

Pleasantly surprised with Selby's play. Pondexter and Pargo too.

Back
Top Bottom