Official Mens Suits Thread ---- Post all Questions and Tips here...

Another new suit pickup

Paisley once again...

hu1xci.jpg

Another custom shirt...detailed paisleys in te backround of the shirt...
29mor2x.jpg

ill be walkin around at the post position breakfast tomorrow for the Belmont Stakes race... ill be in a blue/pink striped tie n a blue/white pinstriped suit.

look for me live at 11 am
laugh.gif

YO! MvP07 looks at Scott's blog. Good job.
As an additional suggestion, the jacket waist needs to be taken in as well. He looks real skinny and there are way too much room on that jacket by the torso. It looks like the shoulder is a tad big as well, it looks like it could be taken in about a size as well, but then again he could just have some real broad shoulder.
Since we're nit-picking Sik, let me get at him. Rule of thumb... jacket should stop at the midway point of your thumb, with your arms to yourside. Taller dudes can get away with it easier though.

And I think getting tailored is a must... period. Also, let me add

Esquire's The Big Black Book (I and II)

to your library. DF!!!

Grabbing one of these for wedding season. Polo Black Label.
Are you feeling the regular or peak lapel of the second one?

pPOLO2-3745048_lifestyle_v330.jpg

pPOLO2-4478824_standard_v330.jpg

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

Since we're nit-picking Sik, let me get at him. Rule of thumb... jacket should stop at the midway point of your thumb, with your arms to your side. Taller dudes can get away with it easier though.
<3

but enlighten me.'

so my shirt cuff needs to be longer than my jacket, and my jacket needs to go mid thumb?

that sounds OD long.

example pic?

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

Another new suit pickup

Paisley once again...

hu1xci.jpg

Another custom shirt...detailed paisleys in te backround of the shirt...
29mor2x.jpg

That tie goes hard.

And am I the only one that like the slim suit look? Like I hear the Lauren suits run slim, but with other suits would one tailor them to got the slim lookor what?

Originally Posted by RFX45

It's good to hear you guys are getting fitted suits but to be honest, I am surprised you guys are finding fitted Hugo Boss suits. I always find them real boxy and somewhat baggy. I don't want to put you guys down though and if it fits well, then congrats.

You're wearing the wrong size then. Hugo Boss coats, to begin with, are cut about two inches longer than standard coats. I'm normally between a 40Rand 42R and I wear a 40S Hugo Boss suit. It creates more of a cropped look, but overall, you need to be careful of what you're getting when dealing withHugo Boss because the sizing is way different.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by RFX45

It's good to hear you guys are getting fitted suits but to be honest, I am surprised you guys are finding fitted Hugo Boss suits. I always find them real boxy and somewhat baggy. I don't want to put you guys down though and if it fits well, then congrats.

You're wearing the wrong size then. Hugo Boss coats, to begin with, are cut about two inches longer than standard coats. I'm normally between a 40R and 42R and I wear a 40S Hugo Boss suit. It creates more of a cropped look, but overall, you need to be careful of what you're getting when dealing with Hugo Boss because the sizing is way different.
I am not wearing the wrong size when I try a Hugo Boss on, trust me. I alsways measure the suit by the shoulders since that's what I wouldn'ttouch when it comes to altering. I tried on a Hugo Boss that fits perfectly in the shoulders and believe me, it looked like I was wearing a carton box.Overall, Hugo Boss are just too boxy for me.

Barack 0drama wrote:
What up...

I wanted to get a slim-fitted suit with a skinny tie for this magazine launch party (which is black tie), And I wanted to know how I would go about getting one for a fairly cheap price.

Obviously I would have to get it tailored or custom made...Who usually does that? And how much $$$ does it normally run?

And what type of shoes are recommended for that type of look?

RFX or anybody else, Get at me.

I thought I answered this question already? Anywho, i will ablige and provide my insights again. For the price, H&M is great for a modern andslim fitting suit. It is also great if your only going to wearing it once or twice a year. If you want a better quality suit, if you can find it on sale(Macy's carries it as well), look for a John Varvatos Star suits. They look real good and slim. I tried one on and I swear it didn't need muchalterations at all. Even the sleeves looked just right.

If you want a custom made suit and live in Los Angeles, you can visit Thick as Thieves. For about $400, you can get a real decent suit. You can also choosebetter fabric, different design like the lapel and sleeves holes, buttons on the sleeves, etc... fot an extra price. Their cheapest is $400 though but it is abargain, trust me. If you're nto locate din Los Angeles, you can also order it by sending your measurements but be warned that different tailors measuredifferently so the suit may not be as perfect if you send in your own measurements. The website it explains it in much more detail: http://www.thickasthievesla.com/

Originally Posted by theHBkid

what i wore to my prom few weeks ago..
n507751325_862167_3229.jpg
That guy's head on the right is abnormally large. Anyways I'll post pics of the 3 piece suit I wore to a wedding this weeken, later.

YO! Sik...
so my shirt cuff needs to be longer than my jacket, and my jacket needs to go mid thumb?

that sounds OD long.

example pic?
I think these two pics are good examples. The first as an example of the coat length. The second for the sleeve length.

1628hc.jpg

------

the small details on this mans suits is just crazy - the cuff to the shirt ratio

kafklk.jpg

smokin.gif

DF!!!

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Lino Ieluzzi of Al Bazar is the definition of GQ. Dude is impeccable in the way he dresses. Timeless.

AB2.jpg

laugh.gif
I see some NTers visit thesartorialist.blogspot.com. Some of youguys need to go there and peep what REAL style is all about
laugh.gif
wink.gif

haha yeah, it does look big...i guess its just the picture.
i did stand out cause i was actually wearing a decently tailored suit.

are bannana republic pants straight, i need some dress pants and shirts for work and have no idea where to start. i like express shirts but the mx1 fits mekinda baggy, but the prices are good. can you recommend anything better for the same price?

Skinny Guys: London cut ( check out Zara's and see why)

Athletic/Big Guys : Custom fit/ Tailored ( KNOW YOUR MEASUREMENTS)

Little/Average Guys: Classic Italian cut ( Can't go wrong with a classic)

I have a question about mens warehouse even though it may be off topic. I just bought a suit from mens warehouse and I went to their website to find the samesuit for 100 dollars cheaper. Would mens warehouse pay me back the difference or no?

Back
Top Bottom