Official Mens Suits Thread ---- Post all Questions and Tips here...

Like dude said Navy Chinos, with a nice dress shirt and Navy base tie with some Loafers *I prefer Tassle Loafers*

laugh.gif

I need help.

I have a wedding to attend on June 22 of my uncles.

I want a light grey suit and need some help.

Something not too expensive maybe something between 100-200

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I need help.

For that price, I say your best bet is H&M. Hope that you find one that fits you well enough that it will only need minor alterations. There reallyaren't much suits that can be had for that price, even at a discount at Macy's, a decent one will fall between $300-$400 and probably need somealterations.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I need help.

For that price, I say your best bet is H&M. Hope that you find one that fits you well enough that it will only need minor alterations. There really aren't much suits that can be had for that price, even at a discount at Macy's, a decent one will fall between $300-$400 and probably need some alterations.

Boscovs has nice looking stuff for like 130-200.... id highly recommend Boscovs when looking for a suit in that price range.

My man Lino, Completely flawless with no effort.

1628hc.jpg

------

the small details on this mans suits is just crazy - the cuff to the shirt ratio

kafklk.jpg

Lino Ieluzzi of Al Bazar is the definition of GQ. Dude is impeccable in the way he dresses. Timeless.

AB2.jpg

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I need help.

For that price, I say your best bet is H&M. Hope that you find one that fits you well enough that it will only need minor alterations. There really aren't much suits that can be had for that price, even at a discount at Macy's, a decent one will fall between $300-$400 and probably need some alterations.

Boscovs has nice looking stuff for like 130-200.... id highly recommend Boscovs when looking for a suit in that price range.
I've never heard of that store, I suggested H&M because of their slim fitting suits, for the most part alterations will be very minimum.

The Merona suits at Target aren't the best. They are way too boxy and the pants are baggy. That one will require many alterations to look decent. I wouldeven put H&M's suit quality slightly higher than Merona.

If you keep your expectations on fabric and construction quality realistic given the price, H&M actually makes nice suits. Their fit is really modern, sothe suit will often fit so well off the rack that it can deceive even keen eyes that are used to seeing high quality. I've worn an H&M suit into placeslike Brooks Brothers, Hickey Freeman, and Paul Smith, and have been complimented on numerous occasions on the "tailoring" of my suit that cost alittle over $150 with no alterations.

I'm not trying to say that the suit you buy at H&M will last long, or be on par with a high quality suit, but if you are interested in looking good andstylish, for the price I feel they are a really great option. Right now they actually have a few very nice cotton suits that are perfect for the summer, andare versatile enough to go from work to a night out on the town with a pretty lady of your choosing.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I need help.

I've never heard of that store, I suggested H&M because of their slim fitting suits, for the most part alterations will be very minimum.

The Merona suits at Target aren't the best. They are way too boxy and the pants are baggy. That one will require many alterations to look decent. I would even put H&M's suit quality slightly higher than Merona.

I've got one near me... its sort of like a JC Penny's or Macy's with better prices... they carry a lot of brands like RL, Bill Blass, KennethCole, Billy London, etc. and they usually have a section of some nice looking stuff for less than $200 i copped a Kenneth Cole and a Billy London from therewhen i needed to get my suit game started... spent $365 total for some stuff that looks pretty nice... ill post pics if i can get them to come out nice.

But like i said.. if you have one of these stores near you, and you're budget is limited... go.

Originally Posted by I Got A Story To tell

yea i got some wide shoulders, but im skinny as hell.

fit real tight in the shoulders, but kinda loose in the torso.

some guy with spray on hair took my measurements, what do you expect lol.

alot of these tailors now a days usually think that someone is going for the "baggy" look. They made that mistake with me when i went to one ofthe proms i went to last year. They seem really weirded out when u ask for a slimmer suite

Like i said before... my camera blows at up close shots. These suits are really nice suits for the price i paid for them.

The first one is the Billy London for $119 originally priced at around $450 and the second is the Kenneth Cole for $149 originally priced at around $500

7cf351c4ed1959449346c451e164c37a7da5e22.jpg

f4635524ef2f50409597c73ae9d08a5b0cf6764.jpg

d1435b91eec85386988bcbfbe5323a82e575114.jpg

ed2159e25694c6ea05cf02d8bbb25441fca3f7a.jpg

^First one is way too busy for me, 2nd one is okay.

My input...I'm creeping up into my late 20s, so I've learned a lot about suits over the years, most importantly what works best for me. I think you cantypically do well with off the rack suits for $500. A lot of it depends on your body type and really picking a suit that truly fits you. AND then going to atrue professional tailor.

I have a late wedding to go to next weekend, black tie optional and I have a few suits to choose from but I decided to go with a new black suit, a Hugo Bossthat I picked up from Bloomingdale's. Fits me well enough off the rack, but I took it to a woman who does my alterations, knows me, what I like and whatfits/works for me and in a couple days plus a relatively cheap cost, it'll fit like it was made for me. I'm skinny, so I knew to buy something withmore of a modern cut, not something that's made for a 40 year old man who still wants his suits boxy with some obnoxious print tie and cranberry coloredshirt.

A lot of it to me is how you put it all together and how you can pull it off. That doesn't mean just because you think you've got swag in your whitesuit x Melo vest/tie combo that it actually looks good. I personally go for a flat-front pant also, never pleats. Just doesn't look good on me (and Idon't think it looks good on anyone really). My next suit is going to be a lightweight suit for the summer, I've got my eye out for some right now.

Also, please make sure your shirt fits well and your tie compliments it. I know, you're young and you don't want a tight collar around your neck,mom...it's uncomfortable! Just make sure you can't stick a few fingers in between your neck and the collar. Baggy & suits/shirts/pants justdon't go. Oh yeah...and please, no button-down collars. Your tie will still be there at the end of the night and unless you're the lonely IT guy,there's no need for it.

Originally Posted by ddot7

^First one is way too busy for me, 2nd one is okay.

i agree that the first one is busy but i think it fits what im doing pretty well, I manage restaurants at Saratoga Racetrack in NY, and ill also be doingit at the Belmont Stakes all this coming week. I think both of those places sort of allow you to express yourself a little more and be colorful.

A lot of it to me is how you put it all together and how you can pull it off. That doesn't mean just because you think you've got swag in your white suit x Melo vest/tie combo that it actually looks good. I personally go for a flat-front pant also, never pleats. Just doesn't look good on me (and I don't think it looks good on anyone really).
agreed

I'm looking into this suit

41H8QXgWybL._SS384_.jpg

But I heard polyester was bad and wool was the way to go.

Why is polyester bad?

a couple months ago I was shopping for a suit to interview in the week after. I stopped into Macy's and after taking a look at me the lady took me straightto the hugo boss suits. She took my measurments and fitted me in a 40L. The suit looked good on me
pimp.gif
. I didn't want to spend more than $300 (it was my first suit). Stupid me Ididn't look at the price tag until after I got done watching myself in the mirror ($695). I told her it was too much and to show me some other suits. AfterI tried on a couple of other suits (Calvin Klein and some other brand) I had the
sick.gif
face becuase they were way too boxy for me. I'm 6'1 and thin and the Hugo Boss suit just fit me nicely arm lenght, shoulders and all Ididn't need any alterations on the jacket just the pants. They were having a suit sale and I signed up for a Macy's card to save over $200 so i paidabout $470. Anyways what are your thoughts on Hugo Boss?

And for my contribution to the thread...cut off the tag that is on the sleeve. It's stitched on, but don't think it's apart of the suit. Trustme
ohwell.gif

Indochino.com is your best bet if your looking for a high quality, fashionable suit at a reasonable price. It is an online custom made suit site that is basedout of Shanghai and their suits are made from local tailors I believe.

It's good to hear you guys are getting fitted suits but to be honest, I am surprised you guys are finding fitted Hugo Boss suits. I always find them realboxy and somewhat baggy. I don't want to put you guys down though and if it fits well, then congrats.

Getting tailored is a MUST for suits... especially if you are 6ft and above..

Here's my latest additions...
smokin.gif

2rqghg7.jpg

Tie knot was done in a rush in this pic but i usually do the double winsor...
Custom shirt..Paisley tie *****
2j1shmr.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pic but its my initials monogram

29y05mb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom