Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by durantula

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

OKC hadn't played a good game yet. I think they are due and wouldn't be surprised if they win big.
Neither have the Heat.

I expect a great game tonite!

Then what do you call game 2??? Miami shot 47%, 43% from the 3, 22-25 from the FT. Bron had 32, Wade had 24, Battier had 17 on 5-7 3 pt shooting, Bosh had 16 and 15. Thats the best the heat will do on paper with 4 people over 15 points.

An OKAY game at best. They had a 17 point lead and almost blew it. Wade tried to give the game away as well. Just because they got an 18-2 start, doesn't mean that they had a good game. They ultimately only won by 4 and only 4 players had an impact on the game and they are the 4 you mentioned. 

The TEAM was okay. They grinded it out to their credit.

Their transition D is amazing?
Maybe im not seeing what you're seeing Dub or Dre, but my larger point is if OKC continues to struggle to get easy layups or dunks like these last two games, I don't know how they compete in this series.

okc isnt running on them because they CANT. They were running up and down on the spurs and lakers.

i think it was game two. they didnt have a transition bucket until like midway through the 4th quarter.

lebron by himself has stopped or altered a bunch of shots.

the lack of transition hoops have been huge. especially because they are missing free throws. Ive seen sefelosha blow at least 3 opportunities. westbrook also. even durant when he should have went for the lay up passed it out and lebron took it. They are hesitating proving that the defense has been really good or good enough to get in their head.

LOL if he really said that.

And yeah, there are times when the Heat send 0 or 1 people to the boards and everyone else gets back to stop the transition plays. They're definitely focused on keeping OKC from getting as many easy transition buckets.

durantula bout to come out firin 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Shane Battier is the key to their championship. Only signing that they needed.

OKC is done this series, they're too young. With Harden/Ibaka probably out after this off season, they'll be iffy to repeat trip to finals or champ..

Originally Posted by DubA169

Foster, Scott, and Kennedy are reffing

Kennedy is the only one that sticks out.

scott foster was tim donaghy's phone buddy
laugh.gif

should be another close gm.
expect a very aggressive russ in this one

"I don't really care what he says, he's stupid," James said. "Everyone says something to me every series, then (the media) tries to get a quote. It's stupid."
"For me as a defender, I just try to make plays and try to keep my body in front of a great player," James said. "First of all, I'm not playing 48 minutes, and Kevin's not playing 48 minutes. I'm not guarding him for 48 minutes. When I'm on him, I'm just trying to make it tough for him to make shots, which he's going to make."

ESPN Link
I'm not making a big deal about either comment, I think English is actually Serge's third or fourth language and it doesn't seem like Lebron specifically meant Serge is stupid
laugh.gif

Edit: Link
That was LeBron James' reaction to Serge Ibaka's comments about his defense.
"I don't really care what he says, he's (pause) stupid," James said. "Everyone says something to me every series then [the media] tries to get a quote."

(Important to note that LeBron paused between "he" and "stupid." He either was deciding to calling him stupid, or it was like, "he's... [it's] stupid." So take that quote as you like.)

Attempting to backtrack a bit, LeBron clarified. “It's not toward him, though,

Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Now playing: LeBron '1-through-5' James
By Tom Haberstroh

Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images 
From playing point guard to center, LeBron James has been everything for Miami this postseason.

MIAMI -- It doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue, but it may be more fitting than “King.â€

Originally Posted by Big J 33

"I don't really care what he says, he's stupid," James said. "Everyone says something to me every series, then (the media) tries to get a quote. It's stupid."
"For me as a defender, I just try to make plays and try to keep my body in front of a great player," James said. "First of all, I'm not playing 48 minutes, and Kevin's not playing 48 minutes. I'm not guarding him for 48 minutes. When I'm on him, I'm just trying to make it tough for him to make shots, which he's going to make."
ESPN Link

pimp.gif

Still dont think he called him stupid
laugh.gif

So I've been hearing how great #6 has been playing, and I'll admit he looks more aggressive.

BUT, I think the reason he is looking so much better, is the fact that OKC is doing a terrible job of protecting the rim and the paint. Dude gets to the rim most of the game and there is nobody there to meet him.

Last year in the finals, he had to worry about Chandler, Haywood, Mahimi, Cardinal, and Marion coming from the side or behind him.

The Thunder have to do a better job or locking down the paint. If their coach is smart, he would put on game film of Dallas's D against the Heat from last years finals, and try to implement some of their game plan.

I would like to see more minutes for james jones tonight, he can help spread the floor. I expect a big game from kd tonight. Should be interesting

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

So I've been hearing how great #6 has been playing, and I'll admit he looks more aggressive.

BUT, I think the reason he is looking so much better, is the fact that OKC is doing a terrible job of protecting the rim and the paint. Dude gets to the rim most of the game and there is nobody there to meet him.

Last year in the finals, he had to worry about Chandler, Haywood, Mahimi, Cardinal, and Marion coming from the side or behind him.

The Thunder have to do a better job or locking down the paint. If their coach is smart, he would put on game film of Dallas's D against the Heat from last years finals, and try to implement some of their game plan.
i disagree..Lebron usually relied mostly on his jumper. Even in game 1, the first couple of shots he took were jumpshots, brick after brick. But then he decided to drive in. he's more agressive. The only way they could cloud the paint, is if they go zone. But battier, and chalmers have been hitting 3's, and a zone will allow more opportunities to present themselves. 
Their Defense is fine. Their rebounding has to step up. Bosh is crashing the offensive boards, and they need to body him. 

Back
Top Bottom