Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

one more day... im happy lebron will get a ring an we will finally stop hearing dumb crap like lebron cant get it done or ever win a ring

Originally Posted by NobleKane

one more day... im happy lebron will beat OKC

fixed 
wink.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif

So there's people that are wishing bad health on someone that they have no personal connection with?... I'm not even a Lebron stan, but this *#%* is ridiculous. It's BASKETBALL 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

one more day... im happy lebron will get a ring an we will finally stop hearing dumb crap like lebron cant get it done or ever win a ring

this

Phil Jackson says "there might be" an NBA job that would lure him out of retirement.

The 11-time NBA champion coach tells HBO's "Real Sports" that the Knicks and Magic openings this offseason were not the positions to bring him back to the bench. In an interview scheduled to air Tuesday night, Jackson confirms that New York, where he started his playing career, didn't contact him before removing the interim tag from Mike Woodson's title, but "I wasn't going to take the job, that's for sure."

If the Heat are smart, they would go after Jackson no matter what happens.

I know that coaches that just win championships don't get fired and it's perfectly understandable if they weren't to fire Spoelstra, but I still think his coaching is one of the last reasons for the Heat winning. He's a good defensive coach, and I think they shouldn't fire him completely and keep him as a defensive coach. But when it comes to offense, he seems to lack both knowledge and authority over his players.

To whoever said Lebron is cocky, he had nothing but praise for the Boston Celtics and Doc Rivers during the postgames last series and in 2011 when Miami finished off Boston. He is more humble than you think

Gonna be in MIA by 6:30pm
pimp.gif

going to be there till sunday night, anybody know good spots I can check out in miami while in there?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Phil Jackson says "there might be" an NBA job that would lure him out of retirement.

The 11-time NBA champion coach tells HBO's "Real Sports" that the Knicks and Magic openings this offseason were not the positions to bring him back to the bench. In an interview scheduled to air Tuesday night, Jackson confirms that New York, where he started his playing career, didn't contact him before removing the interim tag from Mike Woodson's title, but "I wasn't going to take the job, that's for sure."

If the Heat are smart, they would go after Jackson no matter what happens.

I know that coaches that just win championships don't get fired and it's perfectly understandable if they weren't to fire Spoelstra, but I still think his coaching is one of the last reasons for the Heat winning. He's a good defensive coach, and I think they shouldn't fire him completely and keep him as a defensive coach. But when it comes to offense, he seems to lack both knowledge and authority over his players.
I don't think that would be smart, if they win it this season, why not keep Spo? He'll have another year under his belt as one of the youngest coaches in the league and he'll be a champion. I think the players respect him, and Dwade most importantly does, they've been through a lot together.

^ Spoelstra is a good coach but not the right coach for this squad.  Still think Riley should step down and take the coaching job.  The team would make less mental mistakes and Chalmers would have no choice but to step up his game.  Goal is to win multiple championships and Riley gives this team the best chance to do that, not Spoelstra.

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

I don't think that would be smart, if they win it this season, why not keep Spo?

Because they have the possibility of getting Phil Jackson instead. There are just too many examples of the Heat's offense not looking as good as it could these playoffs for me to be fooled into thinking that Spoelstra's coaching is a big enough factor of them winning for him to keep the position as the head coach, IF they can get Phil Jackson.

The problem with championship teams is that people way too often think that they will automatically win the championship the next year as well if everything stays as it is. I don't believe that's the case. If they lose and they probably will, Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka will all be a year older, a year more experienced and more hungry next season. It will be very tough playing against them. I think the Heat would be much better off being led by Phil Jackson if they were to meet again.

Sign me up on the Kelvin Sampson bandwagon. That dude had winning teams consistently with b-grade talent so-to-speak. He would turn Westbrook, Sef and Ibaka into defensive monsters.

However, I think Russy really needs a Phil Jackson mentor.

There's no way Riley's gonna hire Phil Jackson. Pat Riley would go back to coaching the Heat rather than get Jackson, oil and water.
OKC on the other hand should try to go after Phil Jackson.

Ironically, the coach that makes the most sense for OKC is Nate McMillan. He's proven that with talent he can succeed, and he'd have way more talent at his disposal than at any other time in his coaching career. That being said, it opens up a whole new level of awkward, considering he left the same franchise, and his nickname is Mr. Sonic.

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

pimp.gif

going to be there till sunday night, anybody know good spots I can check out in miami while in there?

You have to go to Wet Willies at least once. Get "Attitude" or "Attitude w/Strawberry". You wont be disappointed

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

pimp.gif

Call ahead and reserve a seat @ the Clevelander tonight! !!!% will be INSANE!
eek.gif
eek.gif

How crazy is it that we are talking about head coaching changes with both teams in the NBA Finals?
laugh.gif

Miami needs to end this tonight IMO .

If there is one thing you don't want to give a young/underdog team it is confidence. They don't wanna go back to OKC.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ you really thinking Riley and Phil would EVER work together. Regardless of what Phil says...Riles is too vindictive of a mf'er to let that fly.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Serious question why are dudes so tight about people not liking Lebron?

I get the whole people trying to undermine his play and whatnot but you got Captain-Save-A-Lebrons showing up left and right and they ain't even Heat fans.

Hell at least the Kobe stans were Laker fans.
Seriously. Got dudes out here showing more love for him than the teams they supposedly root for.
30t6p3b.gif
*shots fired*

They might not be as dramatic as the "I'll never give LBJ credit and wish he dies" simpletons but they're not much better than them. Opposite sides of the spectrum screaming at each other over how wrong the other side is.

EDIT: I just realized my 1st statement could be interpreted for JD but that's my guy. He's good people.
pimp.gif
The funny thing is...you see +%!*%! trying to deflect the Lebron hate on to other players now.
You see the same +%!*%! making excuses when Lebron pulls something questionable...now trying to rag on KD after games now. 

Back
Top Bottom