Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by NobleKane

heat with the experience. heat in 5 or 6

I dont know if you're trolling, but I agree. I said the exact same thing after the Heat wrapped it up against Boston. Heat have the experience, the hunger after making it here and losing last year, and the Thunder really don't have anyone to stop, slow, or impede LeBron. Conversely, the Heat can match Wade on Russ, Shane on Durant to start (Bron to finish), and Bron on Harden when he comes into the game. I just don't see the youth of the Thunder being a benefit in this matchup. OKC with the deer in the headlights look while Miami has just enough youth AND experience to coast to an easier than expected chip. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Who the hell did Boston have?

I think the Heat will win but yall are crazy if you don't think it will go the distance.

Boston didn't have any specific person per se, but they definitely had a scheme as well as familiarity (with their own system as well as familiarity with Miami). Not to mention a hell of a coach in Doc. Does OKC have any of the above listed?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by donmega

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by jc619er

Ohhh, I can play this game too.

If Kobe didn't have Shaq he wouldn't have won his first three rings.

If Kobe didn't have Gasol and Artest in game seven against the Celtics he wouldn't have won that series.

If MJ didn't have Paxon draining 3's he wouldn't have won his first championship.

If MJ didn't have Steve Kerr to hit the shot of his life he wouldn't have won his 5th Championship.

So Lebron had a team that finally stepped up when it counted and actually didn't make him do everything himself. And you're saying he didn't have an unbelievable finals performance averaging 28 points 10 rebounds and 7 assists. Okay that makes sense.

I guess Mike Miller should have gotten the MVP.
You can't play at this cause you are comparing Bosh and Wade to Gasol and Artest. Come on son. The Shaq mention is irrelevant as well since Kobe gets no credit for those 3 rings from haters.

MJ never panicked with the team that he had and teamed up with other superstars. You can mention kobe whining to the front office but you should not mention MJ, Nice try though

Just my 2 cents though... I really don't get all the fascination about great NBA players having to win a ring by themselves to prove something. I find nothing wrong if you trust your teammates too. Basketball is still a team game, not won by a single individual. If we want to see great individual stars in action, there's always tennis or golf to switch to.
And of course, winning the 'chip doesn't just go to the best teams per se. There's still a lot of intangibles to consider, like lucking out with a rival player being injured (think Isiah being injured on one of his Finals appearance) or having the G.O.A.T. not in the game (think the Rockets in 94/95). Or for a more recent example, Perkins being injured on that last 'chip you got with against the C's (to be more fair, same as when the C's won it with you guys not having Bynum). Point is, you can never say a team lucked out because another  player was injured. That's just the breaks in the game. For me it's such a foolish assumption. If the tables were turned and it's your team that lucked out, I would assume you'd be looking the other way.

If you're really a Laker fan, you should know about this. Magic was never a star who wanted to win it all by himself. 

Again that's just my take.
The argument is pretty simple. Lebron will never be able to do what MJ did. He will not even win as many rings as MJ EVEN with this loaded Heat team. Therefore, Lebron will never reach that level. Similar with Kobe but to a lesser extent.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Wait if Lebron is the loved good guy of the NBA again. Who is the new bad guy or team?

Good Guy/Loved Guy: Lebron

Bad Guy: D Wade
Bad Team: Heat 

Minds will be blown.

SHUGES, quit $#%*!$# quoting yourself, and post a list of who was wrong, right or close to right.
laugh.gif

unless you did already
nerd.gif

and where that Lebatard rant at?

^ LeBatard's 790 radio show ended 20 minutes ago.

The podcast recording of the show should be up later in the day, I'd suspect.

You can't play at this cause you are comparing Bosh and Wade to Gasol and Artest. Come on son. The Shaq mention is irrelevant as well since Kobe gets no credit for those 3 rings from haters.

MJ never panicked with the team that he had and teamed up with other superstars. You can mention kobe whining to the front office but you should not mention MJ, Nice try though

Just my 2 cents though... I really don't get all the fascination about great NBA players having to win a ring by themselves to prove something. I find nothing wrong if you trust your teammates too. Basketball is still a team game, not won by a single individual. If we want to see great individual stars in action, there's always tennis or golf to switch to.
And of course, winning the 'chip doesn't just go to the best teams per se. There's still a lot of intangibles to consider, like lucking out with a rival player being injured (think Isiah being injured on one of his Finals appearance) or having the G.O.A.T. not in the game (think the Rockets in 94/95). Or for a more recent example, Perkins being injured on that last 'chip you got with against the C's (to be more fair, same as when the C's won it with you guys not having Bynum). Point is, you can never say a team lucked out because another  player was injured. That's just the breaks in the game. For me it's such a foolish assumption. If the tables were turned and it's your team that lucked out, I would assume you'd be looking the other way.

If you're really a Laker fan, you should know about this. Magic was never a star who wanted to win it all by himself. 

The argument is pretty simple. Lebron will never be able to do what MJ did. He will not even win as many rings as MJ EVEN with this loaded Heat team. Therefore, Lebron will never reach that level. Similar with Kobe but to a lesser extent.
Agree with you that he won't be MJ. Maybe not even close. Not even like Kobe or Magic even. He never has to be. Nobody has to be. It's unfair to both the players and to you and me... the fans. Unfair as this level of branding is robbing as the chance to watch each of these player's (Rose,KD,CP3,Bron,Kobe...etc) greatness for just what it is... greatness. 
As for teaming up with other superstars, I have no beef in that. Did it make the Heat's life easier? No. It was the other way around as they had to bleed for this 'chip. 

Again it's quite unfair to mention MJ not panicking during his first years with the Bulls. How'd we know he didn't? Not saying he did, but what if? I mean, all of these stuff just gets blown out of proportions these days because of everything being available to us via social media. 

Do you think any other player could have done more with that Cavs team? C'mon man. Kobe is super, but I'd bet he can do no more with those teams as well. MJ had a good GM, that looked after his team as well, so he knows he'd have sufficient help.

The point is, they earned it. Whether they tamed up or not, they earned it. Again, my question to you is this... if it's your team that did the same exact "teaming up" that they did, would you look the other way? Hindsight is 20/20 that we might both agree on.

Just skimmed the a few pages from during and after game 1.
roll.gif

All those dudes can say now is " Aight yo, good series bruh"
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

SHUGES, quit $#%*!$# quoting yourself, and post a list of who was wrong, right or close to right.
laugh.gif
Yoooooooooooo, I started to do that and it was comical. I didn't think anyone would be interested in it. But I'll throw some up in a bit.

I hate LEBRON, but agree with what's been said up there. ^^

There is nothing LBJ can do to help his image. His image is a certain way and forever will be that way. He can win 10 rings, but he'll never be close, or hailed that way. His antics have hurt too many people, it is no longer reversible.

In the end, even if John Stockton gets no rings, he gets HOF status and more respect than most of these buffons COMBINED.

I was one of the wrong ones.  I saw OKC winning in 6, the 3 home games and just one in Miami.  I figured Wade would be wearing down even moreso than the Boston series, and Bron would play similar to last year's finals.  I thought that would be enough for OKC.  And after game 1, I surely thought it would work that way. 

Bron played excellent and Wade held up long enough, and OKC had so many youthful mistakes, free throws, etc, and Brooks was horrendous in this series as well.

I got no problem admitting I got juked. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

OKC had so many youthful mistakes, free throws, etc, and Brooks was horrendous in this series as well.
The last game was the only time Miami really looked like a superior team IMO
OKC flat out gave away games 2-4. Especially game 4....that was painful to watch.

First of all, a giant
eek.gif
to those who predicted the outcome correctly (some were trolling, but whatever...
laugh.gif
):

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Miami got this in 5

It's your time Bron

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Miami in five.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I really think the Heat are going to pull this one off, one way or another. Bron has been playing at an all-time high, and Bosh and Battier have been clutch when they need them to be.

However, Westbrook and Durant will put on a clinic - but I feel their teammates will lack in similarity.

Will definitely go to game 7.
You didn't predict the outcome in terms of how many games. But the rest of your quote deserves the
eek.gif

I dont know if you're trolling, but I agree. I said the exact same thing after the Heat wrapped it up against Boston. Heat have the experience, the hunger after making it here and losing last year, and the Thunder really don't have anyone to stop, slow, or impede LeBron. Conversely, the Heat can match Wade on Russ, Shane on Durant to start (Bron to finish), and Bron on Harden when he comes into the game. I just don't see the youth of the Thunder being a benefit in this matchup. OKC with the deer in the headlights look while Miami has just enough youth AND experience to coast to an easier than expected chip.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

but Bosh's ability to hit those jumpers will be important in spacing the floor and giving Lebron/Wade a passing option when they attack, plus Ibaka or Perkins will need to stay close and won't be able to contest at the rim as easily.

Not to mention all he has to do is pump fake a couple times and Ibaka will get sent to the bench with quick fouls.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

When did Ibaka become david robinson? Dude averaged 5.9 rpg this postseason. He is a watered down Ben Wallace with an occasional 10-12 ft jumper.

MIA in 6.

I'll take the best player, the 2 best perimeter players and most importantly the better defense. In OKC's 4 wins against the Spurs they gave up 97 ppg. Parker didn't even play well the last few games. Ginobli avg only 16 ppg during the 4 OKC wins and 3 of the 4 games went down to the wire. You think D-Wade won't atleast give you Ginobli numbers? The Spurs much like the C's ran out of gas. 

Bosh will be the most skilled player Ibaka has covered this postseason. If an over the hill duncan can get Perk and Ibaka in foul trouble why can't bosh? Bosh should be pump fakin as soon as he gets off the team bus. Lord knows Perk, Nazr nor Collison can guard him. KD will get his numbers and RW will get his but he will undoubtedly have 4-5 TO thus minimizing his effectiveness. Harden is the key. If Wade and company can keep him around 14-17 they should be good.

Team depth is over-rated. All MIA needs from battier, miller, jones, chalmers is timely shooting. UD/Joel will give the rebounding and defensive toughness.

Not saying this means a lot but I think it means something. Wade, Chalmers, Battier, Miller, and UD have all played for college teams the made deep postseason runs if not won a Nat'l title. Cook and Ivey are the only ones of consequence from OKC with that distinction. What does that mean? It means I will also take the team who has played in these types of atmospheres before. I like a team that can handle themselves in crisis. I'm not saying OKC can't or won't handle it, I will just lean on the guys that have.

Originally Posted by Icecixz

Miami Heat in 5. Yes, five.

And now, a
pimp.gif
(for the people who were close with their prediction AND gave some on-point analysis):

Originally Posted by Big J 33

OKC is going to need a major performance on the offensive side of the ball, because their defense isn't good enough.

Miami in 6
Lebron MVP

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

This is the series I wanted. A superstar will get his first ring
pimp.gif

I got heat in 6. Lebron finals mvp. Nike releases finals mvp elite 9s retail $400 and your first born son. only one thousands pairs. Multiple stabbings and deaths in urban area footlockers across the country.

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Miami in 6. The NBA Finals always tends to go to the more experienced team (unless it's a wash like 2010 and 2005). I don't think LeBron and Wade fear OKC's young guns because they know OKC likes to play fast and play full court ball, which Miami likes to do too. It's the experienced teams that can play smart basketball and out-execute Miami on offense and defense that makes them sweat a la last year's Mavs and these Celtics that took them to the limit.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

I am a bitter Cleveland fan so I will be hoping for another failure from Lebron James but with that hate aside,....
it's his time, Heat in 6 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Aristotle604

Hate to say it, but I think it's gonna be the Heat in 6. It's the Thunder's first go round in the finals with this core and the Heat are battle tested not only from last year (which is huge) but also this year, coming back from two series deficits (I know the Thunder came back from one as well).

In the end, I just feel like Lebron has finally taken his focus to the level everyone's been asking of him for years! I think he finally breaks through. And if the Heat start to look like they're in trouble, then Sammy Sosa can suck the blood out of Durant and Westbrook...my goodness.

Originally Posted by jQQQQQ

Originally Posted by Icecixz

Miami Heat in 5. Yes, five.

I'm going for the Heat in this one so I may be biased.  I can see this too...haha MIA takes game 1...loses game 2...wins 3 straight at home.

And here are all the folk who get a
laugh.gif
for being WAY off:

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Harden leads the Thunder to a championship.

Thunder in 5.

Originally Posted by Freeze

looking forward to a great series. i want the thunder to win. i fingure they'll need maybe 6 games to edge them.

worse thing miami can do is allow the score to be within 5 with a couple minutes on the board. durant is extremely clutch, and embraces the moment lebron fears. that could end ugly for them. dudes shot is money and he's an automatic foul call recipient.

Originally Posted by AEA18

Thunder in 4.

It amazes me that people actually believe that James, Wade, and Bosh can beat the whole Thunder team by themselves in a 7 game series.

Heat don't even have a legit center. Is LeBron gonna rotate to Durant then guard Westbrook and Harden.

Looks like he will be playing a full 48 minutes all 4 games.
laugh.gif

Durant
Westbrook
Harden
Ibaka
Perkins
Sefolosha
Fisher

vs

LeBron James
Dwayne Wade
Chris Bosh
Udonis Haslem
Mario Chalmers
grin.gif

Joel Anthony
laugh.gif

Shane Battier
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mike Miller
roll.gif

James Jones
roll.gif
roll.gif

Norris Cole
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Oklahoma in five, Wade is going to get burned by Westbrook every game.

Originally Posted by howyouwhat

OKC in 5.

These bums lose the championship on their home court 2 years straight.

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

Thunder in 6 will remain undefeated on their home court.Thunder are too much of a team and too deep. Shame on you people comparing Bosh to Duncan and Dirk. Bosh isn't in their class period.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

As much as I want LeBron to shut up all these critics. OKC overall has a better team.

OKC role players are better overall, and Miami's role players have to play at their highest level.

Dwyane and LeBron have got to get off cause OKC trio will score however and whenever.

Thunder in 5-6. Solely because Miami bench isn't all that.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by dreClark

Hoping the series goes 7
I'm sure refs will easily push this to 6 games minimum, too much money to be made here.

Originally Posted by rashi

OKC played better against better competition to get here than the Heat did. Miami overall hasn't played all that great as a team the whole playoffs, they needed heroic performances just to beat the Pacers and a team with mediocre talent in Boston.

I think with LeBron having the games he did kind of blinds the holes that Miami has. With that being said, OKC in 6, but wouldn't be surprised if it was 5. Wade, LeBron, and Bosh are going to work hard of defense. Wade and Bron's fatigue showed when they had to guard someone their size or bigger in Carmelo.

Originally Posted by DMan14

I think okc steals one in mia, not sure if mia can take two in old
that atmosphere in okc is nuts.  Can you imagine LBJ shooting fts with game/series on the line

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

every team OKC faced in these playoffs could beat the heat in a 7 game series (except maybe the Lakers). with that said i have OKC in6

Originally Posted by InfernoHeat2005

I have OKC in 6 also. I dont think Miami can match-up with them personally. OKC plays faster than any team Miami has faced in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Durant in 5 games.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

OKC in 5 or 6.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I want to change my pick.

I did what most of the microwave generation does and base my opinion off what I last saw.

I watched Doc Rivers guard Lebron with Brandon Bass at the three point line.

Lebron James couldn't guard Jason Terry and carry the Heat offensive load over a seven games series now he's suppose to be able to guard the scoring champion, coming off a seven game series?

It took Lebron having a game for the ages and Chris Bosh to hit threes to beat an aging Celtics team that could barely score against the Hawks and 6ers.

I haven't seen Bosh make a strong move off the dribble since he came back from injury.

OKC in 6.

If Wade or Lebron get in fould trouble it will make things tough. I don't see any of the heat big men being able to defend the rim. Ibaka is just as capable of making an outside jumper or driving to the whole. Bosh was only open due to the celtics not having a bench and KG having to play inside and out. Hopefully the better team will win I don't ever recall a team winning the finals with out decent big men. Thunder may just be too deep, young, and fast in all reality.

Turiaff Anthony and Haslem you pick your poison. Or Pittman
roll.gif
. They will be exposed. I'd say OKC is alot more talented then the Dallas team that won last year.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

If Miami role players hit their 3s this series will go 7

If Miami don't hit their 3s. This series end in 5 .

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I think James Harden separates the two teams. OKC in 6

act_james_harden.jpg

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I hate LEBRON, but agree with what's been said up there. ^^

There is nothing LBJ can do to help his image. His image is a certain way and forever will be that way. He can win 10 rings, but he'll never be close, or hailed that way. His antics have hurt too many people, it is no longer reversible.

In the end, even if John Stockton gets no rings, he gets HOF status and more respect than most of these buffons COMBINED.
Not true, people are already forgetting. Most people are prisoners of the moment.

First of all, a giant
eek.gif
to those who predicted the outcome correctly (some were trolling, but whatever...
laugh.gif
):
Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

If the Mavs,Lakers, and Spurs couldn't win in OKC what factor makes y'all think Miami is going to steal one? The Heat role players have been a non factor and Durant and lebron numbers are going to cancel each other out. Wade is going thru a Slump and Bosh isnt 100%.
What are the heat advantages? 

Im not making any predictions, all I have to say is OKC is by far the best team the Heat have faced all playoffs and the Heat may be the worst team the Thunder have faced this year in the playoffs.Can't wait!
mavs - not the same team from last year. Choke city. What else is new?

lakers- Took a weak denver team to seven games. Lakers should have never made the playoffs too. kobe playing like a poor mans Jordan wizard.

SPURS- Refs.

Cant wait to see them clowns in okc cry when they dont get the calls they got in the WCF.
Bron gonna show durant who the best player in the world is.
Wade gonna punk 0.
Bosh gonna elbow crooked teeth.

Heat in 5.
wink.gif

I took over 200 pics during the game, in traffic and walking to my car after the game, collins and ocean up til 3 am...

Too much to upload since youbigdummy posted so many great pics that would put mine to shame..

As embarrassing as it sounds, I shed a tear yesterday holding my 3 year old and watching bron celebrate at the end.

I followed him since 10th grade. Been waitin for this moment forever.

Griffey, Penny, Vick were my fav players growing up, well Deion as a youngster but I hated the niners and cowboys So I never got to see one of my
favorite players carry a team to a championship like bron did and it was so well deserved.

At the airport now flying back to philly but glad I got to WITNESS HISTORY yesterday.

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan1

I took over 200 pics during the game, in traffic and walking to my car after the game, collins and ocean up til 3 am...

Too much to upload since youbigdummy posted so many great pics that would put mine to shame..
Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Heat in 6
post the pics bro. I remember all the old trip pics on ups
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

glasses.gif
I was close 

23ska909red02:
Exact text I sent a friend after the game:

Man, I didn't want the Heat back in the Finals. lol I called Thunder/Heat*, but I also said I didn't want it. I think the Thunder are the more complete team, but the Heat win it all. This ain't gonna be like the 2010 & 2011 Texas Rangers and the 2002 & 2003 Nets. Heat aren't losing back to back championships.
* When I texted that, I was talking about saying that at the beginning of the season.

Something else I called:
Spoiler [+]
Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

This your first 200 page thread, SHUGES?
Pretty sure we all knew that.
laugh.gif

It's clear no one really understood where I was going with this. The original post he kept saying that if it wasn't for Mike Miller and Chalmers having monster games and Wade and Bosh having a monster series that Lebron wouldn't have won and yes that's true but that goes for any other team in the history of sports. And that's why I pointed out the teams that I did.

Yes Lebron will never be MJ but do you think that MJ would have won had Paxon not started hitting his 3's in that first series against the Lakers. Do you think Kobe would have won had Shaq not been there dominating. Do you think Kobe would have won that game 7 against the Celtics if people didn't pick up the slack because he was having an off night.

Great players need a team to step up and win with him and that's exactly what the Heat did but on top of that Lebron led that team with a dominant performance that can't be overlooked. Lebron stepped up and played like a superstar for an entire playoffs and an entire finals series and that's what helped get them over the hump along with the rest of his team backing him up.

Back
Top Bottom