Official Miami Heat Offseason Thread: EPIC OFFSEASON! YES WE DID!

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

^dude could be lefty smh

He's right HANN and he's also a miserable #@%! for giving me a stoneface over a simple mistake. Who does that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Damn, the roster is filling out.

Chalmers
Wade
Bron
Bosh
Haslem
Miller
Varnado
Pittman
Butler

4-6 slots left, I'm guessing Arroyo and Joel Anthony might come back. T-Mac would actually be a good look right now.
Shaq
AI
Steph

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by youngmoney

im pretty sure i saw this somewhere else but chalmers is the next rondo

9a415e4163d1156d4a6166fe068258c72dfad4f.gif
Not sure what's so funny.  Similar situation to Rondo's situation.  He's going to have a level of comfort allowing him grow into his role.  He might have the easiest job in the NBA and won't have to worry about running the team.  Just knock down open shots and play D.  He'll definitely shine on the defensive end.

What's funny is that Chalmers hasn't shown TO ME the kind of upside I saw in Rondo when he first started out w/the Big 3.

Mario will be solid. But I don't see him becoming the perennial All-Star that Rajon has grown into.

That's all that was laughable to me: Comparing Chalmers to Rondo.

Chalmers is not nearly as athletic as Rondo, nor does he have his elite playmaking ability. he's closer to a Chris Duhon/Kirk Hinrich than he is to Rondo.

besides, Rondo actually starts. Chalmers will be backing up Lebron at the point.
laugh.gif

at point the heat jus needs a consistent outside jump shooter, i think chalmers will fit that role, and a center that hustles and fight for rebounds, a perkins or a noah like one, that right there would be what the bulls had in 1997 with jordan, pippen, kerr, and rodman, longley was only there to fill a position.

Originally Posted by h3at23

wallacesports

Cut the Shaq-to-Heat speculation. Heat believed to have absolutely no interest in that reunion. Rule out Iverson, too.

Shaq would be dead weight on this young explosive team. He would slow down the team, i'm sure Lebron knows that Shaq is not the solution.

Shaq also would challenge the one player they won't be able to stop in the East.

Dwight Howard. It's proven that he will destroy every 5 in the league not named Shaq or Kendrick Perkins. If Bosh, Haslem, and Juwan Howard are expected to defend him...he's going to average 40 against them this year.

[h1]Juwan Howard closing in on Miami Heat free-agent deal[/h1]

By Ira Winderman South Florida Sun Sentinel

12:14 p.m. EDT, July 13, 2010

Portland Trail Blazers forward Juwan Howard is the latest free agent to push for a seat aboard for the Miami Heat's 2010-11 ride with Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh.

Howard, who has been finalizing his minimum-scale deal with Heat President Pat Riley, is in the midst of sorting out last details before joining the team.

"Juwan wants to get a ring and he has great respect for Coach Riley," agent David Falk told the Sun Sentinel Tuesday "We've talked to the Heat. There's a mutual interest. That's all I feel comfortable saying at this point."

This marks practically 14 years to the date when Howard initially tried to sign with the Heat. But after Howard agreed to a Heat contract on July 15, 1996, the league voided the deal because of the order in which the Heat submitted its contracts in regard to the salary cap.

Howard, now 37, then re-signed with the Wizards, spending five more seasons with Washington, before beginning an odyssey that has taken him to the Dallas Mavericks., Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic, Houston Rockets, back to Dallas, back to Denver, to the Charlotte Bobcats, and then, this past season, to Portland.

His addition would bolster a Heat rotation at power forward that includes recently signed Toronto Raptors free-agent Chris Bosh and re-signed Heat free agent Udonis Haslem.

Expected to serve as little more than a veteran mentor last season with the Blazers, Howard emerged as a contributor amid a rash of injuries in Portland's power rotation.

In 73 games this past season with the Blazers, including 27 starts, Howard averaged 6.0 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.4 assists in an average of 22.4 minutes per game, shooting 50.4 percent from the field. He ranked 16th in the league last season in offensive rebounds per 48 minutes.

At this point in Shaq's career he doesn't really care were he goes, if he went to Ohio, he just wants another ring.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Shaq also would challenge the one player they won't be able to stop in the East.

Dwight Howard. It's proven that he will destroy every 5 in the league not named Shaq or Kendrick Perkins. If Bosh, Haslem, and Juwan Howard are expected to defend him...he's going to average 40 against them this year.

Dwight's scoring numbers against the Miami Heat the last two years have been pretty underwhelming (for the most part), to say the least.

The Miami Heat under Riley and his disciples will always defend the paint well. No matter what the personnel is. Defending is all about the system and the commitment to that system from your players.

You also cannot negate the fact that with Wade and Lebron attacking the paint? Foul trouble will inevitable for Dwight.

I'm not worrid about Dwight. Miami will get a worthwhile veteran big over 6'10 . Kwame Brown, Etan Thomas, Theo Ratlff(another player whom Dwight has historically struggled against)...Either would fit. Joel Anthony is also no slouch, despite being undersized.

Dampier just got traded to the Bobcats, and he's going to be inevitably waived due to his ungurateed contract. I'd jump on his asap (pause).

wallacesports

Cut the Shaq-to-Heat speculation. Heat believed to have absolutely no interest in that reunion. Rule out Iverson, too.

Yea ai might be done saw oh dude in atl looking a hot mess. He is outta shape looks like he been spending time getting high/drunk late strip clubs nights. His braids even looked ratty. I doubt he can in a few months get into any type of shape let alone bball shape. They need to go after players like finley, etc players who with limited minutes can have a big impact. Like dampier, ratliff, maybe even find marbury if he still got a lil game left.

wallacesports

Yea ai might be done saw oh dude in atl looking a hot mess. He is outta shape looks like he been spending time getting high/drunk late strip clubs nights. His braids even looked ratty. I doubt he can in a few months get into any type of shape let alone bball shape. They need to go after players like finley, etc players who with limited minutes can have a big impact. Like dampier, ratliff, maybe even find marbury if he still got a lil game left.

laugh.gif
we getting Z too! I wonder if clevelands gonna throw another fit. I'm glad they chose not to go after shaq, I didn't see him helping this team much at all. I don't know how his ego would hold up by not being the #1. I know he hasn't been the first option on his team the last few years but he would have had to be behind at least dwade, bron n bosh

Juwan Howard is a nice pick up too, even if its 14 years too late lol

Back
Top Bottom