OFFICIAL @MIAMIDOLPHINS 2016 PLAYOFFS! THREAD (10-6) :::: NEXT: WILDCARD Vs @STEELERS 1:00PM EST CB

Folks need to start grasping these things.....

This team is not good. Read that twice, this team, is not good.

Add to that, Pouncey, Albert, Tunsil, Jones, Misi, Cameron, Foster, Howard all out.

Bad team, missing multiple starters, on O and D.

Won 6 straight.

That. Is. Coaching.

Trailed all 6 games, came back. That is coaching.

Young guys playing, learning, contributing. What is that? Coaching.

8 guys out, then of course DVP goes down, rookie WR comes in, TD.

Review cost DVP/Tanne a TD. Cost them a huge catch later. Helped SF after that. Game of inches.

Mario Williams ALSO goes down.

Finished game missing 10 starters from opening day. Ten. A bad team, not overly deep, young guys plus Rambo off the street, trailing 6 straight weeks, win all 6.

COACHING.

The point? Get more talent. Let the coaching grow as the talent grows around them. That's how you grow as a team year 2-3-4 etc.

Anyone ever see Philbin/Sparano/Cameron led teams fight like this, missing almost a dozen players? Anyone?

And Gase is the youngest coach in football.

Oh, and he's helped improve the QB you all hate.

Year 1. Year. One. More growth than Philbin teams showed in 4 years.

Give him more talent, then you'll start to see "easier" wins, faster starts, beating better teams, etc.

Patience.

Spot on CP.

Loved the Gase hire from the moment it was announced. Definitely wasn't expecting this though. 7-4 with a legitimate shot at the playoffs, feels good man.

Going to game next week, really hoping Albert can play. Tunsil would be nice too. Pouncey seems like he's more broken. We need these guys, running game was just not there today. Dallas Thomas/Billy Turner are gone so these current backups are way better, but Ravens are going to bring a better D next week. DVP in back brace after game, we need this dude to stretch the field. We need our guys healthy, please let this be the week.

Gonna be cold, gonna be hostile, need at least 2 of these 4 guys for Sunday.

Hats off to #17 btw... looks much more comfortable, ball placement in spots only our guys can catch, much better rhythm, etc.

I think saying year one is premature even that... What's crazy is its not year one.

It's only 10 games...
And he's figured out how to win with a bad team. That's what is great about it and him.

Vance is still learning, we talk about the offensive side struggling. Vance has held that defense together with scotch tape and bubble gum. Everyone has been hurt or benched except Suh... everyone! Dolphins were up 31 - 14 and Vance started putting in 2nd and 3rd string players. He seemingly was getting them in for reps, needed the snaps to coach them up. Everyone on this team has been contributing, they have to. That's how shallow of a team they are, it's a good sign to come.

Folks need to start grasping these things.....

This team is not good. Read that twice, this team, is not good.

Add to that, Pouncey, Albert, Tunsil, Jones, Misi, Cameron, Foster, Howard all out.

Bad team, missing multiple starters, on O and D.

Won 6 straight.

That. Is. Coaching.

Trailed all 6 games, came back. That is coaching.

Young guys playing, learning, contributing. What is that? Coaching.

8 guys out, then of course DVP goes down, rookie WR comes in, TD.

Review cost DVP/Tanne a TD. Cost them a huge catch later. Helped SF after that. Game of inches.

Mario Williams ALSO goes down.

Finished game missing 10 starters from opening day. Ten. A bad team, not overly deep, young guys plus Rambo off the street, trailing 6 straight weeks, win all 6.

COACHING.

The point? Get more talent. Let the coaching grow as the talent grows around them. That's how you grow as a team year 2-3-4 etc.

Anyone ever see Philbin/Sparano/Cameron led teams fight like this, missing almost a dozen players? Anyone?

And Gase is the youngest coach in football.

Oh, and he's helped improve the QB you all hate.

Year 1. Year. One. More growth than Philbin teams showed in 4 years.

Give him more talent, then you'll start to see "easier" wins, faster starts, beating better teams, etc.

Patience.

No doubt it was Gase, and I love the attitude he's brought to this team, and I belive he's behind the wins. But his playcalling with less than 8 minutes to go was questionable.

He doesn't have much to do with the defensive calls, but that D will have to toughen up against upcoming compitition, it's not getting any easier if we want a shot at the playoffs.

I didn't understand the throwing on the last drive, either. Why not just chew up minutes? Commentators were saying it was because he didn't trust the line, but still, all you care about is running out the clock right?

I didn't understand the throwing on the last drive, either. Why not just chew up minutes? Commentators were saying it was because he didn't trust the line, but still, all you care about is running out the clock right?

I mean I get it, because if we play conservative and Ajayi is stuffed on all attempts, it's still a bad look. But I thought we had a blind commitment to the run. Which means we have to at least see what we could've gotten out of Ajayi.

I mean I get it, because if we play conservative and Ajayi is stuffed on all attempts, it's still a bad look. But I thought we had a blind commitment to the run. Which means we have to at least see what we could've gotten out of Ajayi.

Agreed.

Ravens game has me nervous because they will absolutely throw the deep ball, or attempt, against this team. Mike Wallace has already tweeted about the game, dude is going to be amped up against not only a team that just gave up close to FIVE HUNDRED total yards, but a team that should probably still have him.

475 total yards we gave up against a 1-10 team. 193 rushing yards. Kevin Coyle still coaching or naw? :lol:

1-4 to 7-4!!!

Charles Davis ‏@CFD22
Miami HC Adam Gase:"I've been around great coaches, and best lesson I've learned? Don't BS the players" @NFLonFOX

i love this coach!!!

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article117503183.html

Sounds like you can cross Pouncey off for this week against Baltimore. Dude has a glass body. Really needed him in this one.

The Dolphins expect Mike Pouncey to miss his third game in a row with a hip injury but are hopeful about their other injured players being available for Sunday’s game in Baltimore.

With Pouncey, “it’s a week to week thing,” Gase said. “Probably not ready yet.”

I feel like with Steen, Pouncey can be missed.

Tunsil and and Albert are the must haves.

I feel like with Steen, Pouncey can be missed.

Tunsil and and Albert are the must haves.

Agreed. I wish we could have all 5, but if we HAD to lose one game to game, it would be Pouncey, because Steen seems to be fairly capable.

Albert has been wobbly, but he's still decent at least, he just always has that one play where he doesn't move or misses a block completely. :lol:

CP17's all-star squad, Stephen A Smith, Max Kellerman, Shannon Sharpe, and Skip Bayless all said in different ways that they don't like our QB, and that the winning is a fluke. Sharpe said "Who is their QB? We already know how this will end" Skip says "I don't like Tannehill much either but somehow they're winning games"

I hope for CP's heart rate that he doesn't watch these shows :rofl:

Yeah, cuz you've EVER seen me quote any one of those idiots. :rolleyes

The fact that you do watch them tho..................

I'm not you Omar, I have a brain.

Last edited:
For the record I like Max, but only on hbo boxing. Never watched his hot takes show.

Back
Top Bottom