OFFICIAL @MIAMIDOLPHINS 2016 PLAYOFFS! THREAD (10-6) :::: NEXT: WILDCARD Vs @STEELERS 1:00PM EST CB

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 24m24 minutes ago
Source: NFL teams were informed today the per-team salary cap for 2017 is projected to be $166 million to $170M. Up from $155.27M this year.

Really need the Dolphins to be smart in year 2 and not go hog wild spendin. Draft strong, and sign cheap, young FA's and let the team grow organically. No more Suh type splashes please.

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 24m24 minutes ago
Source: NFL teams were informed today the per-team salary cap for 2017 is projected to be $166 million to $170M. Up from $155.27M this year.

Really need the Dolphins to be smart in year 2 and not go hog wild spendin. Draft strong, and sign cheap, young FA's and let the team grow organically. No more Suh type splashes please.

So if a Suh type player, Let's say Aaron Donald, you wouldn't want him? He wouldn't change the entire dynamic of the Dolphins paired with Suh?

I gotta disagree with the ideology slightly. Reggie White, Suh, Deion Sanders, Charles Woodson... you have to get the top 1% if available and interested. Once in a lifetime, elite players often stay just that. With the cap continously rising with no real end in sight... contracts players sign today will be a bargain in th years to come. What I would say and agree with, don't do the Mike Wallace or Albert. (over hyped, over paid, injury prone players that are a need of the team).

So if a Suh type player, Let's say Aaron Donald, you wouldn't want him? He wouldn't change the entire dynamic of the Dolphins paired with Suh?

I gotta disagree with the ideology slightly. Reggie White, Suh, Deion Sanders, Charles Woodson... you have to get the top 1% if available and interested. Once in a lifetime, elite players often stay just that. With the cap continously rising with no real end in sight... contracts players sign today will be a bargain in th years to come. What I would say and agree with, don't do the Mike Wallace or Albert. (over hyped, over paid, injury prone players that are a need of the team).

Agreed. Pats grabbed Revis at the right time, he has a ring now, dogging it for the Jets. Get the top tier guys when the time is right and it can make all the difference.

Now... guys like Jordan Cameron, Gibril Wilson, Cris Carter, nah stay away from those types :lol:

Suh types fill one position, with hopeful impact on others.

We need help at more than one position.

2-3 LBers
2 DB's (corner or safety)
2 DE's
1 TE
2 OL

And still possible to need a guy either at DT, RB or WR.

This doesn't even factor if people still demand another QB.

That's anywhere from 10-15 players needed. With 7-8 draft picks.

Not even including, will Albert be kept? Pouncey? Tannehill? Stills? Mario? Etc...

Revis was signed to a deep team already. We are not that.

Sign multiple players and draft well. Add layers of depth.

Then you can sign big(ger) type FA's.

Last edited:
Suh types fill one position, with hopeful impact on others.

We need help at more than one position.

2-3 LBers
2 DB's (corner or safety)
2 DE's
1 TE
2 OL

And still possible to need a guy either at DT, RB or WR.

This doesn't even factor if people still demand another QB.

That's anywhere from 10-15 players needed. With 7-8 draft picks.

Not even including, will Albert be kept? Pouncey? Tannehill? Stills? Mario? Etc...

Revis was signed to a deep team already. We are not that.

Sign multiple players and draft well. Add layers of depth.

Then you can sign big(ger) type FA's.

It seems like a pattern though. We filled x needs in the draft. For instance, drafted Vontae and Sean to fill a CB need, starters for the next z years. Or draft Odrick + Misi with the traded picks and fill needs at LB and DE. Fast forward and those guys are all gone. Things changed, coaches changed, schemes changed, etc.

The league moves so fast that you could theoretically fill needs in the draft and be happy, and then 2 years later find out you need to fill those needs again because this or that happened, and then you're back at square 1.

I remember after GB won the Super Bowl and they did so many reports on how well they drafted, they do it the right way, etc. and they haven't won a SB since. Carolina will be heading down that same path, Denver will never win again with this core, etc. Just seems like the formula is hope lightning strikes with the coaching staff and management for a season and try your best to get back afterwards. We haven't had that in three decades though...

And?

Signing one big name free agent works out better than all those teams you named that have drafted well? :lol:

All our past mistakes and misfires happened and happened for reasons. Like Philbin not wanting ANYONE with any sort of power. (or talent)

Gase is a really, really good coach. Get him some talent, and he will find ways to make them useful. If you don't believe that, see what he's doing with a bunch of non talented players this year.

He doesn't need you to get him ONE big name player. Get him multiple bodies, fill multiple needs, and let him work with that.

Seattle has drafted well. NE has drafted well. Pittsburgh and Baltimore and Cincy all draft well. Dallas and the Giants. Oakland looks like they have turned their draft luck around. KC, etc.

Draft well, sign a couple of decent priced (hopefully still young enough) players to fill in gaps.

And?

Signing one big name free agent works out better than all those teams you named that have drafted well? :lol:

All our past mistakes and misfires happened and happened for reasons. Like Philbin not wanting ANYONE with any sort of power. (or talent)

Gase is a really, really good coach. Get him some talent, and he will find ways to make them useful. If you don't believe that, see what he's doing with a bunch of non talented players this year.

He doesn't need you to get him ONE big name player. Get him multiple bodies, fill multiple needs, and let him work with that.

Seattle has drafted well. NE has drafted well. Pittsburgh and Baltimore and Cincy all draft well. Dallas and the Giants. Oakland looks like they have turned their draft luck around. KC, etc.

Draft well, sign a couple of decent priced (hopefully still young enough) players to fill in gaps.

No I agree, just that the "plan" of needs always changes. We thought we had our TE's in Sims and Cameron, now I believe we need to draft a TE in the first 3-4 rounds.

I am guessing a priority will be to re-sign Stills in the offseason, Cameron gone so draft a TE, that should complete the core of offensive skill players.

Howard, Kiko, Mario and Jenkins all active. :pimp:

Chance to have a lil bit better defense tonight, need to attack Petty and let Oline + Ajayi finish it.

I expect 1-2 long shots to Stills or DVP as well.

Curious how healthy Kiko, Mario and Jenkins are. Howard seems to be all the way back.

Steen could be in the same boat. He is clearly favoring injuries. Tunsil and Bushrod need to help heavily.

Without Matt Moore being able to run a read action, he is no threat to leave the pocket at any time. I excpect actually more deep passes because of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are the Linebackers dropping so god damn deep. Jesus... past the first down marker not watching the back field at all.

If they finish this, 8 wins in the last 9 games. With a poor roster and multiple injuries. (Easy schedule as well)

Adam Gase. :pimp:

Moore just back foot lobbin em up. :lol:

Whatever works, and right now it's workin.

Finish them right here....

Back
Top Bottom