OFFICIAL Minnesota T-Wolves Offseason thread

^
laugh.gif
Nah, you used it right, I was just joking.

LOL remember, McHale is "one of us." I called this Sid article last night when watching the McHale news. The man never ceases to amaze. He's anold geezer.

And as usual, the Minnesota Wild are "geniuses" for landing Todd Richards as their coach.....aka a former Gopher.

Dude the guy actually said "McHale did a great job winning 20 games"..................you cannot make up our local media.

I was wondering about the Love to Memphis for the 2. Is this still a possibility?

If the T-Wolves do get the 2 and take Rubio what are the chances Thabeet is available at 6.

Most mocks have Thabeet going 2 to Memphis but if Memphis trades out he will probably drop.

So say Thunder take Harden who they are leaning towards
Kings take a pg (holliday, flynn, evans)
Wizards are the last pick before them and they might trade out, possibly to someone looking to move up for Curry or Thabeet.

Say Curry is picked the T-Wolves could get Thabeet at 6.

pg-Rubio
sg- foye
sf- Miller
pf- jefferson
C- Thabeet

Thabeet could provide defense inside while Al provides offense inside.

Have a playmaker in Rubio. Let Foye concentrate on scoring.

Good shooter in Miller at the 3
SF could be different options such as Gomes, Brewer, Carney

i don't see WHY the wolves would want to do that trade either...does anybody have insight on that?

it just seems dumb...

I think it would be the case if Kahn decided look bottom line is we need Rubio. And if we have to give up Love to move up then we have no other choice.Personally i dont see Memphis doing that deal mostly because i see them getting better offers.

Im also continuing to hear the Hinrich to Wolves rumor seemingly every week. This is from local sources not internet. Either way Kahn has to find a PG and ifhe thinks Rubio is that guy then he knows he has to give up to get.

This just shows you it is luck in the draft more so than anything. Look at the WOlves.....they gotta give up key players just to get to #2 because they didntland it in the draft. And GMs are geniuses when they land the top pick.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i don't see WHY the wolves would want to do that trade either...does anybody have insight on that?

it just seems dumb...
Because as Ry said....Point guard, point guard, point guard...We need a foundation with a top tier PG (possibly Rubio) along with the nucleusthat we have started with the current roster. Or Thabeet, which if that happens, you lose some offense, but you gain a whole lot on defense.

Love is nice, and a double double machine, but he more or less is the same player as Al, (minus the passing but not the shot blocking threat), just the numbersare shrunk a bit.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

^ Wolves would have to give up Love PLUS the #6 pick for the #2.

I thought it was Love straight up for the 2

or Love and the 6 for Rudy Gay and the 2

Wolves should pass on Rubio and try to get Wall next year if they have to give Love and the 6.

You never know what will happen next year with Wall though....

Yes, right now he looks like a sure thing.

But...

Brandon Jennings looked like a sure thing a year ago.
BJ Mullens was a top 3 pick a year ago.
Jrue Holliday was a sure-fire top 5 pick a year ago.

You never know what will happen from now to the time of next year's draft...so I think holding out for a better PG, like JaFlash said, when there's a very talented one with the name Ricky Rubio in thisdraft, why wouldn't we do all we can to get him?

Just a heads up...Kahn is gonna be on ESPN radio within the next hour or two.

Edit: Make that 5 minutes from...NOW!.

Just listened to his interview and thankfully he sounds like he is with the fans on this board about finding a PG. When asked if the future PG of this team wason their current roster he said "no." It's obvious, but that's a relief somewhat. He also mentioned that the Foye experiment at PG is over,that he is simply a "combo" guard. We knew that too..
laugh.gif

So essentially I learned hardly anything, but I what I did learn was that he's not a bogus GM and seems to be in the right direction.

About 5 minutes...Just answered some simple questions...Dispelled the rumor of the trade for STAT...Saying they wouldn't even done it straight up...Talkedabout how at #6 they look for players who they can develop and who mature in the system for them to be a start in 3-4 years.

This is exactly why i like the Kahn hire as well as getting Mac out completly. There are no more biases, no more guys that Mac drafted that he gives too muchof a rope. You now are either producing or you are out.

I just did this trade in the NT Mock Draft thread....(tell me what you guys think)

Minnesota will receive:
2nd Pick
27th Pick
Darko Milicic and his gigantic contract (which will be off the books next year)

Memphis will receive:
Kevin Love
Rodney Carney
6th Pick
28th Pick

Getting rid of Love was inevitable because we have Jefferson and Al can't play the center position forever. I think it was a good trade for both sides. Iget the #2 pick (either Rubio or Thabeet...leaning towards Rubio) and I still have the #18 and now the #27.

Our current lineup...(since I'm leaning toward Rubio)

PG- Rubio
SG- Foye
SF- Miller
PF- Jefferson
C- Milicic

What do you guys think of that? I know this isn't real-life obviously...but it's something fun to do to pass the time until the draft
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Also, should I take Rubio or Thabeet at the #2 spot. Like I said, I'm leaning towards Rubio but if you agree or disagree I'd like to know why.

MAKE IT REAL LIFE!!!
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

buttttttttt, if we get rid of k. love, i can't get any more free seats in the team family section!

If this trade actually happened...I would draft Hasheem Thabeet and make a run at Ramon Sessions in free agency.

With those other two picks, I would just take best player available.

"Multiple sources have told Pro Basketball News that Mark Jackson has emerged as the leading candidate for the [Timberwolves] position and will wind up with his firstcoaching gig."

sick.gif

"Multiple sources have told Pro Basketball News that Mark Jackson has emerged as the leading candidate for the [Timberwolves] position and will wind up with his first coaching gig."

sick.gif
i'd prefer to see them hire either terry porter, maybe sam mitchell.

"Multiple sources have told Pro Basketball News that Mark Jackson has emerged as the leading candidate for the [Timberwolves] position and will wind up with his first coaching gig."

sick.gif

roll.gif

Hopefully not.

Jackson....Hmmm just what I wanted a new up and comer.

Give him a chance to grow with his team ala Phil Jackson in the 90s.

An up and comer based on what
laugh.gif

TV?

I like Jackson, always have. But sorry but we've seen enough examples of dudes who simply have a mic getting jobs and falling flat on their faces. I haveno doubt Jackson knows the game.....however what if he was just a retired player who didnt work? Would he be top of the line for these jobs? Dude has nevereven been an assistant I dont think
laugh.gif

Eh whatever, as we know it's the same old coaching carousel anyway

Saw that on ESPN Insider...but couldn't actually view the article because I'm not a member or whatever.

Woulnd't be a good hire.

Back
Top Bottom