OFFICIAL Minnesota T-Wolves Offseason thread

rsd I thought you mean't that was just breaking news or something
laugh.gif
...that we had just traded for the #2

And to FV...Rubio hasn't come out and said anything about Minnesota.

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

By the way, anyone think that the fact that Sam Mitchell has ties to the organization is going to hurt him rather than help him if he is an actual candidate for the HC job? Kahn is looking to clean house and I don't see him bringing back any part of our past.

I don't see Mitchell landing the job. Which I could care less about. But you never know.

Just found this thread.

I haven't been able to keep up with everything lately. Can someone update me with everything that's happened lately?

I don't know much about Kahn, but looks like he's better than McHale so far.
And if we were able to get Rubio, would he be like Yi Jianlian?

rsd I thought you mean't that was just breaking news or something
laugh.gif
...that we had just traded for the #2

And to FV...Rubio hasn't come out and said anything about Minnesota.

The good thing though, is that he hasn't said he doesn't want to play in Minnesota.

Minnesota has a chance to pull something off here because Memphis probably won't take Rubio, which is the guy they want, at the risk of him not acceptingto play there. He has that option, because he still has one year left on his European contract. Makes the chances of Minnesota trading up, I think, to be thatmuch more likely.

Originally Posted by Hannybee

Just found this thread.

I haven't been able to keep up with everything lately. Can someone update me with everything that's happened lately?

I don't know much about Kahn, but looks like he's better than McHale so far.
And if we were able to get Rubio, would he be like Yi Jianlian?
yi is a power foward, while rubio is a point guard...
unless you're referring to the "bust" comment which i dont think yi is....

I think he's comparing Rubio to Yi because Yi didn't want to go to Milwaukee when he got drafted. Wouldn't want that to happen again.

^oh...right.
well he was still drafted by them either way, but was traded about a year after
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Kahns body of work after 12 and 1/2 days > Mchale's 15 years
Without a doubt
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Hey, here's the team I compiled in the NT NBA Mock Draft Thread....tell me what you think..

PG- Rubio
SG- Maggette/Foye
SF- Miller
PF- Jefferson
C- Thabeet

Bench- Telfair, Brewer, Gomes, C. Smith...

I got Rubio and Thabeet by doing this...

Minnesota will receive: 2nd Pick, 27th Pick, Darko Milicic
Memphis will receive: 6th Pick, 28th Pick, Kevin Love, Rodney Carney

Minnestoa will receive: 7th pick and Corey Maggette
Golden State will receive: 18th pick, 27th pick and Darko Milicic
Do it Riley! Please take that awful Maggette contract off our hands.

This is what I've heard:

http://washingtontimes.com/weblogs/outlet/2009/jun/20/twolves-eying-5th-pick/

As we draw closer to Thursday's NBA draft, the rumors figure to start flying fast and furious as teams try to either move up or move down, or even out, of the draft. Here's another interesting one involving the Wizards. In the past week, I've spoken to two different league sources that have linked Minnesota to the Wizards as a possible trade partner for that No. 5 pick in the draft.

According to one insider, the Timberwolves (who already have the sixth, 18th and 28th picks in the draft) disparately want to move up in order to land UConn big man Hasheem Thabeet. Another report has them badly wanting Rubio. Either way, the T'Wolves are said to be craving Memphis' No. 2 pick, but believe to land it, they need to offer two top-six picks in the draft. Enter the Wizards
Will the Timberwolves be able to give the Grizz the 5th and 6th pick for the 2nd?
pimp.gif
if Memphis can come out the draft with Evans and Hill.

No way we're doing #5 and #6 for the #2.....that would be terrible. Might as well hold onto both those picks and hope Thabeet falls (which is verypossible).

The other thing too is I hope this organization is realistic and realizes this '09 draft is average (or below average) at best. All this trading and givingup stuff for higher picks means nothing right now as one could say picks 2-8 are about the same (or close to that). With that said obviously the Wolves currentpieces arent really doing much and Im sure they have a set plan. Im all for making a splash but also not completely over doing it just because (in draft andFA). We are likely in the lotto for a few more years......and reaching JUST to reach has rarely worked. I dunno though Im rambling here as well as Ive made mythoughts known that the current crop of players does nothing for me.

I keep thinking back to that article Simmons wrote (or maybe it was when i was listening to him on the radio) where he said bad teams who have new cap roomalways reach just to reach and you see them sign guys for like $70 mil who are 3rd-option type guys. And low and behold two years later u are screwed. This isone more reason I am glad McHale is gone as I was worried we were going to re-sign an "up and coming" Randy Foye for $50-$70 million for his secondcontract.......cause thats how the NBA works. Once again, having a new GM means no biases.

^ I agree. I strongly believe though, that they are trying to make moves for either Rubio or Thabeet only. I think if the possibility of a trade arises wherethey can nab one of those players the trigger should be pulled, if not, they might as well sit at 6 draft the best available. I have a feeling Kahn knows whathe's doing, but still...nothing has been proven with him so we'll see.

i think the wolves should package the later 2 picks+6 for the #2 and pick up rubio.
or trade love+ a bad contract +2 later picks for something.
either way, not a great no brainer deal, but def. a nice deal.

Originally Posted by BangDak

i think the wolves should package the later 2 picks+6 for the #2 and pick up rubio.
or trade love+ a bad contract +2 later picks for something.
either way, not a great no brainer deal, but def. a nice deal.

If they can get away with stealing the #2 and 5 picks while keeping Love, I think Kahn will have won GM of the year a year before the season starts.
laugh.gif

It's possible considering no one wants to go to Mempshis, so they might take their chances moving down for 3 first round picks and getting players whodon't care where they land.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but did Kahn come from within the organization? Where did you guys find him?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ paul.
can someone post a salary cap for you guys?
i really like your position right now..
i think you guys need a shooter for example, qbrick, larry hughes
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

we'll gladly take that #5 pick
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ paul.
can someone post a salary cap for you guys?
i really like your position right now..
i think you guys need a shooter for example, qbrick, larry hughes
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

we'll gladly take that #5 pick
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You saw what I was getting at
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
. Kahn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Larry Riley.

And here, I got the salaries for you.

2qbyjc5.png

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i like that avy paul
smokin.gif
Thanks!
laugh.gif

not bad. could make a real big run at the 2010 free agency, but you got quite a few bums wasting cap space
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

jefferies+hughes for love+gomes+a few more bums to even out the contract+#5.
you get your starting center moving al to his natural position, and a shooter who can actually shoot.
hughes >foye and miller. maybe not miller, but hes still better then half the damn team
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom