OFFICIAL Minnesota T-Wolves Offseason thread

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

An up and comer based on what
laugh.gif

TV?

I like Jackson, always have. But sorry but we've seen enough examples of dudes who simply have a mic getting jobs and falling flat on their faces. I have no doubt Jackson knows the game.....however what if he was just a retired player who didnt work? Would he be top of the line for these jobs? Dude has never even been an assistant I dont think
laugh.gif

Eh whatever, as we know it's the same old coaching carousel anyway

Could it get any worse?...Give the guy a chance?....Not like we are talking about a contending team for 3 years MINIMUM anyway. Never had an assistant gig, sobe it. I am sick of these "experienced coaches"..... All of you who are down on him, basing off what?

Could it get any worse?...Give the guy a chance?....Not like we are talking about a contending team for 3 years MINIMUM anyway. Never had an assistant gig, so be it. I am sick of these "experienced coaches"..... All of you who are down on him, basing off what?
Based on what?
laugh.gif
Why dont we just give it to Reggie Millerthen or Kenny the Jet or Barkley or John Barry
laugh.gif
We know NOTHING aboutMark Jackson other than him speaking on air. I agree it cant get any worse but lets be real here. You are just plucking people out of the air now IMO.

This is what's sad about the NBA though.....there are so little coaches in waiting or hot assistants that you have rumors of TV guys getting jobs.Seriously this league is TERRIBLE for their coaches.
alien.gif

Im eventually on board with anyone Kahn brings in actually, as always it cannot get any worse. Just would like to be excited about a hire though but yait's a tough one.

Could it get any worse?...Give the guy a chance?....Not like we are talking about a contending team for 3 years MINIMUM anyway. Never had an assistant gig, so be it. I am sick of these "experienced coaches"..... All of you who are down on him, basing off what?
Based on what?
laugh.gif
Why dont we just give it to Reggie Miller then or Kenny the Jet or Barkley or John Barry
laugh.gif
We know NOTHING about Mark Jackson other than him speaking on air. I agree it cant get any worse but lets be real here. You are just plucking people out of the air now IMO.

This is what's sad about the NBA though.....there are so little coaches in waiting or hot assistants that you have rumors of TV guys getting jobs. Seriously this league is TERRIBLE for their coaches.
alien.gif

Im eventually on board with anyone Kahn brings in actually, as always it cannot get any worse. Just would like to be excited about a hire though but ya it's a tough one.

I mean really?....Who would you rather? Mitchel
eyes.gif
..... Theus?.....who? I am just saying I want a NEW coach, one who has NOT held a head coaching jobbefore. How am I plucking anyone? I just said I didn't think it would be a bad choice.....They recycle coaches, I want a new guy.

^ I hear you. All im sayin is a "new guy" doesnt have to be a TV former player, who only gets to the forfront of a coaching search because he is onTV.

I know nothing about Jackson's coaching skills obviously.....im just stating the initial "Um.....what?" moment when i read this rumor. Personallyi would feel better going with someone new who at least had references that he was the guy to pick. We just got rid of a former player who didnt do any Xs andOs and had no experience (McHale).

Lets be real here though, i admit i know NOTHING about coaching candidates in this league anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (im being serious)

I understand where you are coming from. To be honest, the ONLY guy who has experience who I wouldn't mind is Van Gundy. He wouldn't do it though.

I saw a post in one of the NBA off-season threads that Mark Jackson would the the HC nod, but they want Bill Lambeer to come in as an assistant.

I would be all for that combo considering Lambeer actually has some relatively great coaching experience (albeit WNBA) to balance out Mark Jackson'sinexperience.

From the TWolves beat writer today:

Good thing Kahn revealed today that he has unlimited cell-phone minutes because, from word around sources in the league, it sounds like his phone is ringing non-stop, especially in talks with the Wizards. That would have to mean discussion about Washington's fifth pick. Look for Kahn to try to get that one or Memphis' second in addition to his own sixth.
Kahn also called completely false reports that Mark Jackson is his pick for coach and said again that he has no list and won't begin to compile one until after the draft.

I'd peg Jackson and Mike Fratello as the most likely guys to get the job. He wondered about what happened to the old days, when he would have gotten a call to confirm or deny a report before it got published.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Kahns body of work after 12 and 1/2 days > Mchale's 15 years
Without a doubt
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Hey, here's the team I compiled in the NT NBA Mock Draft Thread....tell me what you think..

PG- Rubio
SG- Maggette/Foye
SF- Miller
PF- Jefferson
C- Thabeet

Bench- Telfair, Brewer, Gomes, C. Smith...

I got Rubio and Thabeet by doing this...

Minnesota will receive: 2nd Pick, 27th Pick, Darko Milicic
Memphis will receive: 6th Pick, 28th Pick, Kevin Love, Rodney Carney

Minnestoa will receive: 7th pick and Corey Maggette
Golden State will receive: 18th pick, 27th pick and Darko Milicic

i saw those deals, but i dont think thabeet would fall down to the 7th pick in real life.
and take back maggette's contract is
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

but either way, thats a solid team. the bench needs some help, but eh.
and that starting 5 is going to want some $$$ once their rookie contracts expire
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We would snatch him up at 6 if he was available, guaranteed.

Eh...I had to take on Maggette's gargantuan contract to get Thabeet. Worth it in my opinion.

Notes from Jerry Zgoda....I haven't liked this dude for years by the way.

With draft day just five days away, here's some tidbits, thoughts and other stuff:

* I saw that Jordan Hill plans to work out for Memphis, which indicates the Grizzlies continue to think about moving down.

If the Wolves somehow can get that second pick to add to their own sixth, the players I'd think they're targeting: Hasheem Thabeet (not Ricky Rubio) and Steph Curry.

That'd give you the shot-blocking presence Kahn apparently feels they need next to Big Al and the best shooter in the draft who also presumably can play point guard. Those seem to be the two greatest needs, don't they?

Interesting, but if the Wolves get their hands on Thabeet…I can assure you McHale would have had little interest in investing so much to get him because he's convinced Al and Kevin Love can play together most nights.

* The Wolves basketball staff had a going-away party for McHale Friday night - Kahn wasn't invited, I don't think.

Looks like McHale will end up with TNT, probably paired often with Chuck Barkley in the Atlanta studio and perhaps even re-united on some broadcasts with Kevin Harlan, his partner on those wild Wolves broadcasts from long ago.

The boys would have to tone it down for network TV, but it'd still be fun to see, and hear.

McHale also could end up a special-guest instructor invited to some teams' training camps next fall.

Maybe you'll see him in Portland tutoring Greg Oden come October.

*I've heard owner Glen Taylor met with Kahn Friday and I bet encouraged him to communicate more with his players, who are angered that McHale won't be back.

Kahn has talked several times with Al Jefferson but otherwise hasn't started to establish a relationship with any other players, as far as I can tell.

* There's another trade rumor floating out there seemingly even more far-fetched than the Al and No. 6 to Phoenix for Amare: This one says the Wolves send Mike Miller, Randy Foye and Ryan Gomes to Boston for Ray Allen.

Since Kahn lamented Friday how nobody in the media business calls anymore for confirmation and denial of such rumors, I texted Kahn about this one and asked if there was possibly any truth to it.

He sent back a one word answer:

"No."

Good.

* Swedish forward Jonas Jerebko is scheduled for a workout Sunday. He'd be a favorite for that 28th pick if the Wolves keep him because the long, tough, athletic forward could stay in Europe for a season or two and not sign immediately with the Wolves.

*DeMar DeRozan is expected for a workout Monday morning. That might be the last Target Center workout, but as of yesterday, the Wolves were trying to get at least an audience with such players as Thabeet, Rubio and James Harden. They'd probably have to go to those players, though.

Link

Those Mchale/Harlan broadcasts were
pimp.gif

Btw, maybe we should petition to let JPZ run things in Minny. That lineup is stacked.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Kahns body of work after 12 and 1/2 days > Mchale's 15 years
Without a doubt
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Hey, here's the team I compiled in the NT NBA Mock Draft Thread....tell me what you think..

PG- Rubio
SG- Maggette/Foye
SF- Miller
PF- Jefferson
C- Thabeet

Bench- Telfair, Brewer, Gomes, C. Smith...

I got Rubio and Thabeet by doing this...

Minnesota will receive: 2nd Pick, 27th Pick, Darko Milicic
Memphis will receive: 6th Pick, 28th Pick, Kevin Love, Rodney Carney

Minnestoa will receive: 7th pick and Corey Maggette
Golden State will receive: 18th pick, 27th pick and Darko Milicic

eek.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Dude got me ready to call ticket master.

JPZx > Kahn > McHale
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

By the way, anyone think that the fact that Sam Mitchell has ties to the organization is going to hurt him rather thanhelp him if he is an actual candidate for the HC job? Kahn is looking to clean house and I don't see him bringing back any part of our past.

2nd and 6th picks?!?!?!?!?! my goodness, this is about to get reallllllllly interesting
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

what would we have to give up for the 2nd without losing a 6th though?

Originally Posted by JPZx

^ Link?
nerd.gif
...where'd you hear that?
isn't that what it's saying here...

From the TWolves beat writer today:

Good thing Kahn revealed today that he has unlimited cell-phone minutes because, from word around sources in the league, it sounds like his phone is ringing non-stop, especially in talks with the Wizards. That would have to mean discussion about Washington's fifth pick. Look for Kahn to try to get that one or Memphis' second in addition to his own sixth.

Back
Top Bottom