OFFICIAL Minnesota T-Wolves Offseason thread

This may be my bias...but i would not have even drafted rubio.

should have DEFINITELY gone with Jonny, but kept lawson (sorry he cant make cute behind the back passes, but is a hell of a lot better scorer) and used therubio pick for... well lets look at who was still on the board:
Steph Curry
Jordan Hill
DeMar DeRozan

just my 2 cents...good luck to you guys though. I'm a bobcats fan so I know what its like to be told you're in a rebuilding year..for years

(
eek.gif
pimp.gif
at the ellington pick...congrats)

Originally Posted by AJ27526

(
eek.gif
pimp.gif
at the ellington pick...congrats)

He might be the best piece from this draft a few years down the line...

So for Foye we get Rubio, who I said we shouldn't have drafted in the first place, which will probably end up for nothing or something of lesser value ifhe is traded...
smh.gif

Kahn what are you doing my man? You gotta have more deals planned than this
smh.gif

Really though, what is our team identity? Are we going to run and gun with the two PG? How would that fit with Al... Who is going to coach this team? Who isgoing to be our starting 5?

We left the draft with more questions than answers, and that's sad...
smh.gif

laugh.gif
@ all the NY fans thinking they will get Rubio. Who would they tradeMinnesota to get him? If I was Minny, I would just let him play in Spain until he comes back. Just hold his rights, the guy is only 19 years old. In two years,he will probably be THAT much better.

The GM said that he thinks that Rubio and Flynn will be like Isaiah and Dumars. %%#? No it ain't. Maybe they will trade one.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
@ all the NY fans thinking they will get Rubio. Who would they trade Minnesota to get him? If I was Minny, I would just let him play in Spain until he comes back. Just hold his rights, the guy is only 19 years old. In two years, he will probably be THAT much better.
I would be OK with Chandler coming over plus a pick for next year. Wilson could start easily. But in the end, that would equal Foye forChandler... Not that stellar of a trade
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ALSDAMAN24

The GM said that he thinks that Rubio and Flynn will be like Isaiah and Dumars. %%#? No it ain't. Maybe they will trade one.
indifferent.gif

Minnesota, please do not start both of these guys together expecting them to turn out like Isaiah and Dumars. It's no point in having either of them ifthey can't control the ball, so one of them has to go. That would be funny if Rubio was playing off the ball
laugh.gif

The Flynn pick should have been Curry or Derozan. That would have given them a SG/F with a PG. I also would have drafted Flynn instead of Rubio but w/e thatwas who they wanted. The only other thing I can think of for their picks is that they were hoping that they would take good PGs and other teams would throwtrades at them to get their picks. I guess we'll see in the coming days whether that is the plan or not. But I just couldnt wrap my head around 2 PGs wholike to facilitate others and dont look for their own shots much as your top 2 picks.

well i maxed out on posts somewhere around pick 8 last night
laugh.gif
frown.gif

i'm completely confused right now as to what is going on with the wolves.

All these should've, would've, could'ves in this post
laugh.gif
Most of ya'll play some very good monday morning quarterback roles.

I'm almost certain Minnesota will be just fine with how this situation presented itself, and will end up playing out.

This draft being weak to begin with, there is no way people, with absolute certainty, can say things about the should haves in drafting Curry, Derozan, orwhoever. It's not like Minnesota was looking for a one year turnaround anyway. They have nothing but time and having the rights to Rubio, for whatever hedecides to do, is not a lose lose situation. Way too many things have yet to be determined, and there is plenty of time for things to play out. I'll waitto pass judgement on what's going on.

Here we go
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Charley Walters:
Ricky Rubio reportedly will stay in Spain for two years

The Minnesota Timberwolves' top draft pick, Ricky Rubio, 18, will remain in Spain to play for his DKV Joventut basketball team for the remaining two years of his contract rather than try to move to the NBA this season, El Periodico reported today.

The Barcelona newspaper also says Rubio, who was paid $97,000 last season, plans to withdraw his contract lawsuit against DKV Joventut.

well, you guys like the trade? i'm kinda impartial i guess...not a whole lotta need for telfair anymore i guess. and with the bigs we have, craig smithbelongs on another team.

Trade was not significant enough to like it or not like it IMO. Just clearin space and books. As i said earlier Im cool with anything that can help get in newtalent.

Kahn still isn't done.

And I'll tell you what, we'll really like this trade if K Love ends up gettin 30+ mins a game next year and Rubio comes over and is given the same. Wecan lose 60 games again but at the end of the season I'll feel much better just giving minutes to this young talent than having them share it with the sameold guys and still losing 60 games.

Who knows, my head is still spinning with this team. That's a good thing cause it's fun to actually follow them and not be bored.

I posted this in a different thread, but...

The trade is essentially three backups for a decent starting 2 guard -- A position that could be argued as being one of your biggest needs.

I might miss Craig the most, but at best he's a third stringer. Throw the fact that Q is expiring if he doesn't work out, and this was pretty much a no-brainer.

Like someone mentioned in the other thread, locker room chemistry might take a little bit of a hit with Madsen gone, but it's still a good move overall. Who knows, the Clippers will probably release him and maybe he will come back.

With this trade, we upgrade slightly at SG, acquire a guy who has been/can be a spot up shooter on a team where Ellington is your only shooter, get another veteran, get a better piece to trade next winter, AND cut a year of a guaranteed contract for a guy you hopefully don't need! What's not to love here?

Part of this is relief that Wayne Ellington will not have to be a starter and log starters minutes. I don't know if he's ready for that.

Think about it, if Rubio does come this year, our top-3 guards in the rotation would have all been rookies. I don't expect the Wolves to win much this year, but I don't want to ruin these guys by giving them too much responsibility too soon.

I've never really been a fan of Richardson, but this move makes a lot of sense for the Wolves. It clears roster space, consolidates expiring contracts (making them easier to trade), and saves us Telfair's deal in 2010. The only decent piece we give up is Smith but he was a liability on defense anyway.

My excitement with this is about the savvy forward-thinking nature of the deal, not that Q is part of our long-term plans. This is exactly the kind of deal Kevin McHale would not have made...

Kahn is just mopping up the mess McHale created.

Rubio will never play in Minnesota. Terrible draft. Taking 4 point guards (including Nick Calathes) and ending up only keeping 1.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^ To be honest there's more reason to think Rubio WILL play in Minnesota than will not play right now.

It has been reported that Rubio has accepted the fact that he'll be playing in Minnesota, but the buy-out on his contract is ridiculous. Kahn is over inSpain right now trying to negotiate it down, but I don't really see that happening.

I've never been a fan of Rubio, nor have I understood the hype which surrounds him. If he turns out to be a good pro down the line, I'll be the firstto admit I was wrong, but I have a hard time seeing him make an immediate impact in the L. Jonny Flynn on the other hand... I think he's going to be ableto have a major impact from the beginning, and will be a future star.

Either way looking back on the Draft I don't think it's fair to call it a complete fail. I'm sure Kahn would be able to move the rights to Rubiofor at the very least, a player of equal value that he could have gotten at that 5th pick.

Originally Posted by JPZx

^ To be honest there's more reason to think Rubio WILL play in Minnesota than will not play right now.
Yup he's playing in Minny, it's a matter of time.

But if he does play, Minny might be the most entertaining team to watch.

Rubio and Flynn in the same back court could be a disaster, and I really really doubt he can guard NBA 2's.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NICEFITDOMINICAN

Rubio will never play in Minnesota. Terrible draft. Taking 4 point guards (including Nick Calathes) and ending up only keeping 1.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why don't you go back to making "Come to NYK LeBron!" signs because otherwise there is no hope for your team.

Back
Top Bottom