OFFICIAL Minnesota T-Wolves Offseason thread

5th and 6th pick?
pimp.gif

I'm going to really like this trade if more things happen as a result of it...

I want to hold onto Love if we can...he's going to be a top rebounder in the league for years and I'm somewhat skeptical about giving him upjust after his rookie season because he improved a lot this year and I see him continually improving.

My hope is that Kahn can find a way to ship the #6 and #18 pick to Memphis for the #2 pick. Therefore, we still have the #5 and #28 while obtaining #2.

At #2 we select Rubio..
At #5 we select Thabeet/Harden

If we take Rubio...I see either Harden or Thabeet being taken by OKC and then the Kings wouldn't take either of them. I see Flynn getting taken by theKings if Rubio is gone. Then we can take either Harden or Thabeet at #5.

That would leave us a lineup of...

PG- Rubio
SG- Harden/Gomes maybe (Gomes there just because we have no one worthy of being a SG)
SF- Brewer
PF- Jefferson
C- Thabeet?/someone else

Then Love, Telfair, etc. coming off the bench.

That's what I hope happens in the end....let's get it done
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Kahn isnt done either

Thought this was interesting this morning.....Rubio now dropping this low??
[h2]A day away and options, options everywhere[/h2]
Posted on June 24th, 2009 - 12:45 AM
By Jerry Zgoda

The Wolves and Wizards are expected to finalize that six-piece trade this morning.

What will the Wolves do with those fifth and sixth picks now?

It'll be a long day answering David Kahn's phone for the next two days.

If they keep those two picks, there's a growing chance Ricky Rubio falls to them at No. 5.

I'm hearing David Kahn really wants Tyreke Evans, but Sacramento could pass on Rubio if he's still there at 4 (and probably will be) and take Evans instead.

The Wolves also have Syracuse point guard Jonny Flynn high on their guard list and wouldn't whine if Arizona State's James Harden lasted until the fifth pick, either.

Flynn also is a possibility for the Kings at No. 4, if they opt for a true point guard to put next to Kevin Martin rather than a combo guy like Evans.

Might Kahn use the 18th and/or 28th picks to swap with the Thunder at 3 and move up past the Kings to take Evans rather than Rubio (assuming Memphis grabs Thabeet second)?

Sacramento then takes Flynn or Rubio and OKC gets Harden anyway and the Wolves take Curry's shooting to pair with Evans' slashing and Al Jefferson's low-post game.

Next summer, in a draft projected to be thick with big men, the Wolves then use one of their two first-round picks to find a low-post defender to supplement Jefferson and Kevin Love.

Anyway you look at, this first trade appears to commit Kahn to going even younger than the Wolves already had gone.

It appears he's intent on doing all he can to ensure the team has two more good picks in the 2010 draft, when they keep their own pick owed the Clippers if it's in the Top 10 and get Utah's pick protected through the Top 16.

As for money, the Wolves deal Mike Miller's expiring $9.75 million and Randy Foye's $3.57 million (qualifying offer year due for 2010-11) contracts and take back Etan Thomas' expiring $7.3 million contract.

There's a team option on Oleksiy Pecherov deal for $2.38 million for 2010-11 and they'll almost certainly have to pay Darius Songaila for the next season because he earns $4.52 million this year and has a player option for $4.8 million the following season.

The 76ers pursued Foye, hoping to bring the former Villanova star back to Philly, but, with the draft's 17th pick, didn't have enough to offer.

Love tweeted this late Tuesday night: "Personally I do not think I'm going to be traded…99% sure. But I will leave that 1% up in the air. I've heard the Memphis rumors, blahblah."

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Am I the only Wolves fan who wouldn't mind Thabeet?
laugh.gif
Nope. I think he's a PERFECT fit for this team. I think his value on Minny is higher than it is on just about any other team. When you alreadyhave Jefferson and Love, who can provide you with offense, Thabeet is simply just shot blocker/rebounder and only has to focus on defense.

I'm surprised, in reading that article, that Minnesota might move up to take Evans? That's weird to me. He makes me nervous. I wouldn't be happywith that, but we'll see.

NO CURRY!

I'm really hoping we trade up for Rubio while holding on to the #6 pick.

Originally Posted by JPZx

NO CURRY!

I STILL say we pick him
laugh.gif
.... I see where you are coming from though, the more I hear his name, something doesn't add up about this guy. Mediocreathleticism at his height is never a good look.......

That being said, I care not what anyone says he has shooting ability that cannot be taught.

I think the Wolves and Grizzlies are arguing over #5 & #18 or #6 & #18....

We could land Thabeet and Rubio if we hold on to #5 while trading for #2.

Clippers- Griffin
T'Wolves- Rubio
OKC- Harden
Kings- Evans/Flynn
T'Wolves- Thabeet

I think the Grizzlies are worried about doing the deal for #6 & #18 because they think we'd select their guy at #5 if he's available...

I think what might end up happening is the Griz wait until we pick (they draft Rubio)...Then after we pick OUR guy with number 5 we give them 6 and 18

I think what might end up happening is the Griz wait until we pick (they draft Rubio)...Then after we pick OUR guy with number 5 we give them 6 and 18

I think that will happen as well minus Memphis getting the 6 and 18.
laugh.gif

If Memphis doesn't come out of this draft with Love or any significant player via trade...
mad.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

NO CURRY!

I STILL say we pick him
laugh.gif
.... I see where you are coming from though, the more I hear his name, something doesn't add up about this guy. Mediocre athleticism at his height is never a good look.......

That being said, I care not what anyone says he has shooting ability that cannot be taught.
yea, i wasn't sold on him at first...but you have to remember, he was being bombarded with defenders for all 40 minutes in college. wow, didi just say bombared
laugh.gif

and what are you saying below...they'd end up trading the 6 and 18 for the #2?

No way you take Curry and Evans, there basicallhy the same 2 guards who are trying to be forced to run the point.

You need a pure PG and maybe Harden if he falls. (Flynn/Rubio and Harden)

they'd end up trading the 6 and 18 for the #2?
I think the only way something like that happens is if Memphis unload Jaric for Gomes. Memphis has to get some type of compensation if they'regiving up the no.2 pick in a two player draft. It's weird how so many teams are high on Rubio, but Memphis is somehow forced to trade him through all themedia hype. Wallace likes Rubio and has said that he isn't afraid of any of the outside information that's being said about him not playing.

Something just isn't right.

Also keep in mind Kevin Love cannot be traded back to the Grizzlies for a few more days
I keep forgetting about that. Maybe if Memphis took Rubio and hold on to him a few days that will give them time to work things out with him andhis camp if they're serious about not playing in Memphis. I honestly wouldn't trade with Minny unless we got Love out the deal point blank. #5 and #6is the only other option if I'm Memphis.

Wallace don't $*#@ up
ohwell.gif

I'm nervous about Evans, who the Wolves really like. I don't know, just got a bad feeling about him. I really want either Flynn or Rubio, Thabeet wouldbe a consolation, but Minny needs that PG shored up. Haven't had one in years.

I never got to see Evans play. Why aren't people excited about him?

I think we should take Flynn if we end up not getting Rubio.

Originally Posted by Hannybee

The only way I see Minny taking Evans if they take Curry with the later pick. The fact that Evans can be used at the combo guard slot will make things aloteasier for Minnesota's backcourt. Rubio and Evans wouldn't work though since neither of them are great shooters. Evans and Thabeet would be great forMinnesota as well.

Originally Posted by Hannybee

People are excited about him...I'm not particularly fond of him. He could be a great asset, but I'd rather go the pure PG route. I still think he canbe a cross of a PG/SG, which makes me cautious of him. I could be wrong, but I would just rather take a pure PG and build from there than risk playing themerry-go-round like they did with Foye.

Flynn would be nice.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more appealing Curry becomes to me. idk...Call it a hunch?

Rumor has it the Wolves have sold their #28 pick to the Knicks for $3 million.

If true....all well another Boston piece that we received that we ended up not getting anything out of (aside from $$ of course)

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

If true....all well another Boston piece that we received that we ended up not getting anything out of (aside from $$ of course)

It's funny if that ends up happening, because most are saying the buyout for Rubio probably will get talked down to $3 Mil.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

It's funny if that ends up happening, because most are saying the buyout for Rubio probably will get talked down to $3 Mil.
nerd.gif
I thought the team Rubio goes to can only contribute a total of 500k to his buyout? The rest would have to come strictly from endorsements, loans,out his pocket, etc. That's why I don't know why his agent is pushing for him to make less money being a lower pick. It means less money for Rubio andhis agent.

Back
Top Bottom