OFFICIAL Minnesota T-Wolves Offseason thread

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Alright...its only been a few minutes since the trade but here is the initial break down.
The Sacramento Bee reported that Minnesota has agreed to send guard Rashad McCants and center Calvin Booth to the Kings in exchange for forward Shelden Williams and point guard Bobby Brown.

1. McCants simply had to go.
2. Throw another TWolves lottery pick out the window.
3. Shelden Williams is now on his 3rd team in 3 years after being the 5th pick in the 2006 NBA Draft. He's sitting at 4.6 PPG and 4.1 RPG. He is however married to Candace Parker.
4. Bobby Brown is a 6'2'' rookie out of Cal State Fullerton
5. Calvin Booth's contract is now off the books, not sure right now what the break down was or if that's good or bad or what was left
6. These are some players the Twolves have acquired then traded just in the last 4-5 years: Calvin Booth, Theo Ratliff, Antoine Walker, Mark Blount, Ricky Davis, Mike James, Marcus Banks, Michael Olowokandi. Good grief.
yay, he's gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3 pt. favorites tonight. How? I don't know, but I put some money on the Timberwolves tonight. Why? I don't know.
laugh.gif

I thought this was somewhat interesting...article in today's Star Tribune
96736f7b1b3c8d12584de2d34682b95d1158dcac.gif

Shelden Williams' pursuit of a defined role continues with Wolves

Rick Bowmer, Associated Press - Ap
Forward Shelden Williams said he's ready to learn the ways of the Wolves.

By JERRY ZGODA, Star Tribune Last update: February 22, 2009 - 12:54 AM

The fifth player selected in the 2006 NBA draft, Shelden Williams arrived in Minnesota on Friday on a two-month tryout that at the very least will provide the Timberwolves with another big body in Al Jefferson's absence.

Brandon Roy, the player selected immediately after him, already has been to two All-Star Games. Randy Foye, taken two picks later, followed his career scoring high two weeks ago by surpassing it with 36 points in Friday's loss against Indiana.

Williams, a 6-9 power forward whom Atlanta assuredly selected out of Duke, now is with his third team in three seasons, still searching to find his way in the league. He played much of last season overweight and out of shape and worked over the summer to resurrect his career but still never found consistent playing time with the Kings, who acquired him last season in the trade that sent Mike Bibby to the Hawks.

He's played in only 30 games this season. His rookie season statistically remains the best in his three-season career.

"Different guys have different paths," Williams said. "You have to work at what you have to do or find the situation. Some people kind of land in the right spot. I'm still looking for the right situation. Hopefully, it's here and I can stay here for a long time."

His guarantee for now is only the season's final 28 games. He'll be an unrestricted free agent this summer because the Kings last fall decided not to exercise his option for next season at a $4.3 million salary.

The trade that sent Rashad McCants and Calvin Booth to Sacramento for Williams and rookie guard Bobby Brown was a swap of unwanted players that, with the exception of Brown's modest contract, requires no obligation from the acquiring teams beyond this season.

Williams and Brown flew to Minneapolis on Friday, passed their obligatory physical examinations, found their new lockers and met their new teammates. But by Saturday afternoon they still weren't cleared to practice with their new team yet because the Kings hadn't yet done physicals on McCants and Booth, a procedure needed to finalize the trade.

Neither Williams nor Brown will play tonight against the Los Angeles Lakers at Target Center. When they do make their debuts, you can consider it an audition, particularly for Williams. He calls himself a "tough guy" whose game is defending and rebounding.

His acquisition allowed the Wolves to trade McCants, an unhappy, unwanted player with limited trave value, for a once-ballyhooed prospect whom McHale and his scouts liked coming out of college and a young point guard who impressed in the Las Vegas league last summer.

"We wanted to give Shelden a look," McHale said. "He's a guy we liked in that draft. He's played a role at times and he hasn't had a role at times. Hopefully we can put him in a situation where he can feel comfortable and go out there and play."

McHale said he will get that opportunity once the trade is finalized and Williams can get some practice time to learn the Wolves' terminology and system.

"They don't know a lot about me, I don't know a lot about them, so it pretty much is," Williams said when asked if he considers his new situation an extended job interview. "We'll try to get much more acquainted in the next few months."

As for his future, about all Williams, 25, knows is that he will be a father. He and his wife, WNBA star Candace Parker, are expecting their first child.

"I think it's a question of time and opportunity, of being able to play and not being on a short leash," Williams said. "You can't play when you're on a short leash. You're always looking over your shoulder to see what's going on. Hopefully, this is a different situation for me."

I might have 3 extra tickets to tonight's game...wont know for another 45 min though...gonna pick them up at 5 pm

depending on where they are....Im asking for $20 to $30 a ticket for some nice lower level seats.

PM me your # and name and ill text you if I have them.

First come, first serve

^ I wish I could go...I have something going on I won't even be able to watch it on TV
tired.gif

Originally Posted by bballah3

I might have 3 extra tickets to tonight's game...wont know for another 45 min though...gonna pick them up at 5 pm

depending on where they are....Im asking for $20 to $30 a ticket for some nice lower level seats.

PM me your # and name and ill text you if I have them.

First come, first serve

Don't live in Minnesota bro, or esle I'd hit you up. I've never seen the Wolves in the Target Center.

I wanted to mention this....I'm pulling for Shelden although I don't think he will be a great asset to the team. A guy like him who seems like astandup guy deserves a few chances.

Ahhh. Back home where it's safe. Great game tonight. What else could we ask for really? Bassy lookin' good again.

Yeah...even if the Lakers didn't play well only losing to them by 3 is a great step forward for us I think..

I didn't catch much of the game but of what I did see I liked. Sebastian
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif

With Al Jefferson
December 14th - Minnesota Timberwolves 86, Los Angeles Lakers 98
January 30th - Minnesota Timberwolves 119, Los Angeles Lakers 132

Without Al Jefferson
February 22nd - Minnesota Timberwolves 108, Los Angeles Lakers 111

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

With Al Jefferson

Without Al Jefferson

nerd.gif
i don't think that's really fair man
laugh.gif

With Al Jefferson

Without Al Jefferson

nerd.gif

All I see is three L's
laugh.gif

I know I'm just kidding...but we have been playing well lately and bballah3 even stated before Al Jefferson got hurt that he likes this team better when Jefferson isn't on the floor

Not slighting him in any way at all..he's a great player. There are times though when we give him the ball in the post, he gets double/triple teamed anddoesn't kick it out. He's kind of a liability on defense too. Alright, I don't want to complain about him because he IS the best player on thisteam and one of the up-and-coming players in the NBA..I was just pointing out something I noticed
nerd.gif

I know I'm just kidding...but we have been playing well lately and bballah3 even stated before Al Jefferson got hurt that he likes this team better when Jefferson isn't on the floor

Not slighting him in any way at all..he's a great player. There are times though when we give him the ball in the post, he gets double/triple teamed and doesn't kick it out. He's kind of a liability on defense too. Alright, I don't want to complain about him because he IS the best player on this team and one of the up-and-coming players in the NBA..I was just pointing out something I noticed
nerd.gif
He IS the best player on the team, no doubt. But like you said he is a liability on defense and cant pass out of the double/triple teams. He justcant do it.

Like rds said...he feels sometimes that he has to get those points or rebounds. He plays for stats and its kind of obvious.
83869645.jpg

Did anyone else notice that the Lakers jerseys were different this game? Purple and gold not purple and yellow.

2-10 in their last 12
ohwell.gif
smokin.gif

Currently 6th-worst record in the L, gotta get that high draft pick....

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

2-10 in their last 12
ohwell.gif
smokin.gif

Currently 6th-worst record in the L, gotta get that high draft pick....
i know...it makes their winning january kind of pointless...it only hurts our draft stock
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom