OFFICIAL Minnesota Twins 2009 Season Thread (87-76)---> AL CENTRAL CHAMPS! Great season guys.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Why does Bert stay hating on the new guy Robbie?
laugh.gif

I miss Telly
frown.gif

BTW, is it bad to be a little bit of a fan of Braun, considering he plays on one of our rival teams? Dude is pure
pimp.gif

See Brett Favre...Don't know where you stand with him, but he is one of my favorite QB's all-time...BEFORE all the talks of him in purple. Long before,at that.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Why does Bert stay hating on the new guy Robbie?
laugh.gif

I miss Telly
frown.gif

BTW, is it bad to be a little bit of a fan of Braun, considering he plays on one of our rival teams? Dude is pure
pimp.gif
They haven't been in the same league for years, so I don't see the problem. Braun is a monster. It's nothing like being a fan ofFavre.

Only 3 games back...Fine by me. You know we're gonna make a huge push in the second half. Just get some new arms for the bullpen and I'd be close tosaying the Central would be a lock.

There is no way a major league baseball team should be so frightened of another major league baseball team. It's really getting to a very irritating level.Part of that falls on Gardenhire.

Originally Posted by djaman

There is no way a major league baseball team should be so frightened of another major league baseball team. It's really getting to a very irritating level. Part of that falls on Gardenhire.

Gardenhire...Imma go ahead and confess I never really liked the guy as a coach. He is a great fit with Minny though, just because he knows the Tom Kelly brandof baseball. He just doesn't execute the way TK did.

There is no way a major league baseball team should be so frightened of another major league baseball team. It's really getting to a very irritating level. Part of that falls on Gardenhire.
This is on point.

Grown men seemingly scared to play the big bad Yankees. It's not even close to turning around soon either. Actually now that I think about it, go check outGardenhire's career record vs. the AL East....not good. I know this year already they are 6-19 thus far.

And this is exactly why you have to continue to laugh when the Twins front office puffs out their chests every year, the AL Central titles (or being in therace) as their basis.

Ah well at least we get to have the couple hundred articles the next month analyzing who the Twins might go after before the deadline.....and then the deadlinewill pass as usual with nothing done. Its the Twins way. This is Twins Territory.

Update - 38-60 against the AL East since beginning of 2007
sick.gif

Total of 16-47 against the Yanks regular and post season under Gardenhire
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
sick.gif

I'm more than a little surprised that Mauer is going to be in the Home Run Derby...best of luck to him though
pimp.gif

he'll be hitting opposite field home runs i bet
laugh.gif

C'mon Perk
sick.gif

Did anyone else think that Radke's speech was awkward as hell?
laugh.gif

Alright, midway point of the season and we're one game over .500 at 45-44...

We're currently sitting at 3rd place in our division (0.5 game behind Chicago, 4.5 behind Detroit). Obviously, a division title is still VERY much inreach. As always, to get to the playoffs as an AL Central team you're going to have to win your division because there's no way a wild-card is comingout of this bunch. As of right now, it's a 3-team race in the Central but the Royals and Indians could very well make a run....objects in mirror are closerthan they appear.

We have three players who made the AL All-Star team this year...them being: Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, and Joe Nathan.

Mauer is currently blowing away the rest of the MLB in terms of batting average...hitting .381 while the player in second (Ichiro) is hitting .361...

Mauer and Morneau could both be candidates for AL MVP come September. Both are having career years...we just need to have our role players step up on aconsistent basis. If we don't acquire another arm by the deadline I will blow my brains out...it's so obvious that we need relief help and we cannotafford to be stagnant before this deadline on July 31st.

We still have a very good chance at the division...we just need to take it one game at a time and beat the opponents we're supposed to beat at all times,but also beating teams with more talent than us at a steady pace as well.

Play hard every game....and give the Metrodome one last "Hurrah!" before we move out of there for good
88926f919a8b85dce39466b0bd92b677d651d878.gif

travel_metrodome4_800.jpg

^ Well said. I'm fully confident in this team (assuming they acquire an arm for the bullpen) to make another second half run. Their offense has impressedme thus far, with the surplus of power that this team hasn't seen since....A long time ago.

I think Cleveland is a team that has a chance to pull off a comeback, but we'll see. Detroit is gonna be there in the end because of their bats andVerlander + Edwin. Chicago scares me because they usually make deals and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get another SP to bolster that team up, whichmakes them once again formidable. Not to mention when they get Quentin back.

Should be fun.

Gotta give a midseason shout out to Jason Kubel as well, dude has been a great compliment to the "superstars."

Currently sitting at 77 G, 14 HR, 45 RBI, .311 BA.

Which is really a positive when you consider Gomez and Young wasting countless at bats all first half.

We know where this team stands. You keep the current roster and they likely will compete but will not be there at the end. This is a .500 team thus far plainand simple. No huge losing streaks no huge winning streaks. Constantly hovering around .500 since Day 1. Likely not a "top team" in MLB for thisseason with the current roster. Until proven otherwise we will have to again assume the front office will make no major moves and they will be content withGardenhire and the crew dealing the hand they are given.

One of these years in my lifetime, just one, we will see this organization be right there and go for some moves to put the chips in and say "here we come.We're going for the gold."

I think gomez will have a breakout second half for some reason
laugh.gif

I also am really liking Span, solid fielder, and more than adequate hitter, I see him hitting for power within a few years.

As long as Gardy takes my advice and sends Liriano to AAA to learn some technique and they actually make a trade for another outfielder yes I said outfielderas well as an arm I will be happy.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I also am really liking Span, solid fielder, and more than adequate hitter, I see him hitting for power within a few years.
I been saying this! We need him out there everyday. He's by far our best outfielder, yes even including you Cuddy...

I need to get a Span jersey...
pimp.gif

We just need some arms for the pen....until that happens, Chi and Det will be huge concerns of mine. Especially with Quentin returning for the Sox.

Embarrassing.

This team man....

Yes it is now officially time for Gardenhire to start getting some heat. Along with the obvious choices, i.e. Twins front office.

What a meltdown... I seriously don't even want to talk about the game. I saw the bases loaded in the 7th with 1 out and knew we were going to lose it. Sureenough I wake up and we did...

Anyone know our record in the last few years vs Oakland? I know it's not good...

Nice to see my Gomez prediction coming to fruition thus far
pimp.gif

There is always next year fellow Twins Fans
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom