OFFICIAL Minnesota Twins 2009 Season Thread (87-76)---> AL CENTRAL CHAMPS! Great season guys.

I don't know...I had never even heard of him until a couple days ago
ohwell.gif

We called him up when we ousted Breslow. Swarzak has been in our system since 2004....23 years old and in Rochester this year he's posted a 3-4 record witha 2.25 ERA and 32 Ks. We'll see how he fares I guess.

Anybody care that Breslow's gone? I know I don't.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I don't know...I had never even heard of him until a couple days ago
ohwell.gif

We called him up when we ousted Breslow. Swarzak has been in our system since 2004....23 years old and in Rochester this year he's posted a 3-4 record with a 2.25 ERA and 32 Ks. We'll see how he fares I guess.

Anybody care that Breslow's gone? I know I don't.

Fine with me to give the kid a chance. Sometimes just the unfamiliarity of the batters with young pitchers who may not have even been too great in the minorsis good enough for a season of unwarranted success...Hopefully that's the case.

These Twins I tell ya...Already 36 runs in the last three games and today's isn't over...And Mauer? Wrap up that MVP right now...Good Lord!

Swarzak
eek.gif

Keep that boy up here.

7 scoreless innings...we need that kind of production on this team seeing how our offense is so unpredictable/inconsistent (either of those words would fit).Day in and day out I have no idea whether we're going to score 12 runs or 2 runs.

Nice to get two straight wins and secure the series against a team that's well above .500....lets get the brooms out tomorrow
smokin.gif

AG00321_.gif

Great win & SWEEP
88926f919a8b85dce39466b0bd92b677d651d878.gif

Outscored the Brewers 23-8 in the series

Overall, three great pitching performances by Slowey, Swarzack, and Baker...all of them went 7.0 innings or more which is always a good sign.

Mauer is freaking ridiculous
eek.gif
...an upper-deck shot (Morneau got onetoo...grandslam to put us up 6-1
eek.gif
)

I never knew arguing with the umpire actually worked. I didn't think umpires would ever overturn their calls without replay but Gardenhire's argumentdid it
laugh.gif
...Mauer definitely got hit in the hand but I'm glad it's nothingserious. Macha looked heated when Morneau hit the grandslam putting his team down 5 just because of the changed call.

We've won 4 straight now...let's keep it going for the 4-game set vs Boston @ home
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SFN 155

mauer is playing as good as i've seen anyone play, ever.
ohwell.gif

% chance he's on roids...I'm serious.

He's playing phenomenal. Hitting for power and everything. He's already got more HRs than he had last year and he hasn't even played a month yet. Do you think there's any chance he's juicing? I don't think he is but where is all this power all of a sudden coming from?

Liriano
eek.gif

Cuddyer gets us out the gate early with a deep shot to left
glasses.gif

The key to beating teams (as we've woefully discovered) is holding the lead once we get it. Let's stay on top the whole game.

And there goes the lead
smh.gif

1-3

Buscher in the field
sick.gif
....we might be out of this inning right now if Crede was outthere.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by SFN 155

mauer is playing as good as i've seen anyone play, ever.
ohwell.gif

% chance he's on roids...I'm serious.

He's playing phenomenal. Hitting for power and everything. He's already got more HRs than he had last year and he hasn't even played a month yet. Do you think there's any chance he's juicing? I don't think he is but where is all this power all of a sudden coming from?

He's a very fundamentally strong hitter. He's always had a power stroke now he's just catching up to his potential. No way he's onanything...It's just all coming together.

Swarzak had a great game...Probably have nightmares of Varitek, but that's ok. Hopefully the Twins can come back in this one.

Baker blows and this pitching staff sucks...Slowey is the top guy...Really? I love the guy, but uh...Anyone else sick of this small market junk?...They needpitching and they need it ASAP. I refuse to let Mauer go via free agency without giving this team a real shot.

We either have great pitching and so-so offense, or outstanding hitting and "not good enough" pitching. What gives Twinkies? Old man Pohlad is R.I.P,so maybe his son will feed the horses that run this team...I hope, cause I'm too young to be stressed like this...

smile.gif

I hope they get to Price quick this game...They need to win and more importantly we need Liriano's confidence and dominance back.

Worst team on the road....EVER.

We suck this year
ohwell.gif
...I'm not losing hope though.

Is there a person we could hire that would just scream the words, "RELIEF PITCHING! RELIEF PITCHING! RELIEF PITCHING!" in the ear of every member inour front office nonstop until they get the idea?

That'd be fantastic.

Hot start. That a baby Kubel!!!

Twins first 4 hitters are hitting .347
eek.gif
Offset by the latter half ofthe lineup hitting .238
sick.gif

Anywho...Let's get this series.

Back
Top Bottom