OFFICIAL Minnesota Twins 2009 Season Thread (87-76)---> AL CENTRAL CHAMPS! Great season guys.

That HR
eek.gif

Random thought/question I had..

When is the last time we hit an upper deck shot to left field?

Because we're not short for left-handed power, every upper-deck homerun we hit see seems to go to center or to right. You got Kubel & Morneau'searlier this year (to center and right) and the biggest one that sticks out in my mind is that 2006 game vs Red Sox where Kubel hit a walk-off grand slam inthe pitchers duel game between Santana and Schilling.

So does anyone know the last time we hit upper-deck left field HR? That shot by Cuddyer has me wondering.

i wouldn't be surprised if nobody has ever hit one up there.

but when m&m homered back to back again, i just
laugh.gif

knew it was a wrap at that point...one of those boys is getting the MVP this year.

Great win, nice to get to Felix early..

Robbie Insmacjakjgldajg just said we've outscored the Mariners 20-6 in this series...let's keep that kind of offense up
88926f919a8b85dce39466b0bd92b677d651d878.gif

Bedard tomorrow. He's pitched great so far this season.

If the Twins get Bedard today then I'll say it was a very successful series, obviously with a sweep, but by beating the M's best pitchers while atit...Except the M's offense blows so whatever.

First of all, I highly HIGHLY doubt anyone has hit an upper-deck home run in the dome. That's an absolutely absurd length away from home plate.

Hitting the ball pretty well right now, but our bullpen has been and will continue to lock us down. The staff needs to go 7+ continually so we don't haveguys like Crain, Guerrier or (for the love of god) Dickey. We have quite a lineup of road games coming up and if we pull off .500 on this road stretch I likeour chances in this division.

Baker with back to back great outings? I hope so, but the Tigers lineup is much more formidable than Seattle's.

These last 3 losses are depressing. Almost as depressing as the division-title game last season.

Middle of the order (Mauer and Morneau) finish the series combining for .438 BA, 5 HR, 7 RBI, 7 R, and 8 BB

......and the Twins go 0-4.
sick.gif

I actually feel sorry for Gardenhire. He knew coming in what he was dealing with in the bullpen and how the team did nothing to improve it. Another reason wecan thank Bill Smith for collecting a paycheck.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Baker with a horrible inning
smh.gif
And Verlander is smoking!
well take off the verlander smoking, but same concept yet again. baker
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
disappointing.

stringer bell and his sox are my damn kryptonite
mad.gif

Lineups...

TWINS

CF- Span
DH- Mauer
1B- Morneau
LF- Kubel
RF- Cuddyer
3B- Crede
C- Morales
2B- Tolbert
SS- Punto

SP- Nick Blackburn

WHITE SOX

LF- Podsednik
SS- Ramirez
RF- Dye
DH- Thome
1B- Konerko
C- Pierzynski
3B- Betemit
2B- Getz
CF- Anderson

SP- Bartolo Colon

Alright, time to turn it around. Hopefully this Peavy thing is on the mind of Sox players more than playing and we can go out there and get a win. We need onedesperately.

^
Joe Mauer? No.

Our 2nd hitter, whomever that has been this season, has been hitting .200 or lower. I guess Gardy wants actual production from the way top of the lineup asopposed to the relative automatic out in the 2-hole.

laugh.gif
Our #2 spot and #6 spot totals on the year before today (41 games)

32-171 (.187 BA), 15 BB, 34 K, 12 RBI

31-149 (.208 BA), 24 BB, 35 K, 14 RBI

41 damn games and your #2 hitter has a total of 32 hits and 15 walks.
Of course this isnt even including the bottom of the order, aka Nicky "Babe" Punto territory
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom