Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

AAPE is a branch brand of BAPE. It follows the party line and the price is relatively reduced by 40% to 50%. The purpose is to make it affordable for young people who love BAPE culture. Bape is more expensive, especially some limited and co-branded products.

kind of like fear of god and essentials

aape and bape have different camo patterns and their logos are different

Thanks for elaborating all that because I know about BAPE, but lack any real knowledge about it as a brand. I recall BAPE blew up big in the mid-2000s, especially with fools wearing bootleg BAPE jackets and shoes.

I never knew BAPE made an affordable offshoot because most of those kinds of brands try to keep it exorbitant with their prices.

it's like toyota/lexus

or like jordan/team jordan

Authentic/Swingman?

Not tryin to ruffle any feathers lol

These are all accurate analogies with trying to elaborate about brands simultaneously making expensive items and much lower price products. The authentic & Swingman analogy is also accurate without being disparaging, especially with a couple of others who agreed with it.

Thanks for elaborating all that because I know about BAPE, but lack any real knowledge about it as a brand. I recall BAPE blew up big in the mid-2000s, especially with fools wearing bootleg BAPE jackets and shoes.

I never knew BAPE made an affordable offshoot because most of those kinds of brands try to keep it exorbitant with their prices.

These are all accurate analogies with trying to elaborate about brands simultaneously making expensive items and much lower price products. The authentic & Swingman analogy is also accurate without being disparaging, especially with a couple of others who agreed with it.

You have provided a very eloquent thesis once again. A+

I wonder if you went down a size if that would fit you better

It fits fine because I feel it would be a little less comfortable for me if I went down to XL for NBA jerseys. I'm content wearing 2XL, especially since I gained some weight during pandemic life.

Good thing this isn't the 2000s because I would have worn that crap in a 3XL with it going to my knees and roomy like a trash bag.

But I do wear properly fitted clothing with suits or dress clothes and any uniform attire.

Tryna emulate the era

This makes no sense when I maintained my '90s style with the way I dress before people started wearing their clothes much bigger in the 2000s. How can I emulate that 2000s era when I dressed that way preceding that period?

Sure, I would be emulating the 2000s era if I still wore 3XL and larger with jerseys or t-shirts going all the way to my knees and wide like a muumuu in 2021.

I got this Orioles jersey recently. I'm glad I finally have a Cal Ripken jersey because I've been wanting to have one in my possession for a long time now. It's nice to have a baseball legend and Orioles icon.
IMG_5474.JPG

I like how they replicated it with the USA flag on the back that replaced the standard MLB logo during the latter part of the 2001 season to commemorate 9/11.
IMG_5475.JPG

The farewell patch to commemorate Ripken's career with the Orioles is a nice touch.
IMG_5476.JPG

But it's too bad it's going to be hard to find the Orioles on-field hat with the American flag on the side that was worn in 2001 to correlate with this jersey.

I got this Orioles jersey recently. I'm glad I finally have a Cal Ripken jersey because I've been wanting to have one in my possession for a long time now. It's nice to have a baseball legend and Orioles icon.
IMG_5474.JPG

I like how they replicated it with the USA flag on the back that replaced the standard MLB logo during the latter part of the 2001 season to commemorate 9/11.
IMG_5475.JPG

The farewell patch to commemorate Ripken's career with the Orioles is a nice touch.
IMG_5476.JPG

But it's too bad it's going to be hard to find the Orioles on-field hat with the American flag on the side that was worn in 2001 to correlate with this jersey.
Wish he got more rings in his career

IMG_5474.JPG

IMG_5475.JPG

IMG_5476.JPG

Hard to believe that was 20 years ago

Not an authentic but was wondering can I get a legit check on this?

Attachments

• 6C578666-BDAF-435D-85AD-21CE3E03A62E.jpeg
    6C578666-BDAF-435D-85AD-21CE3E03A62E.jpeg
    372.6 KB · Views: 90
surprised cause guy had receipt and everything, only reason I asked was the jock tag had a printing error.
Thanks
What error and idk if that’s fake. I’d like better pictures. They did make the jersey but usually the swing man’s are pretty obvious but I haven’t even looked or messed with swingmans in forever

Rodman swingman has that funny cut where the neck is big and the shoulder openings curve outward. Plus, Most of the Adidas Soul Swingmans have the sizing info printed on the neck seam, not a seperate tag.

However, I don't follow that line as closely, so I'm not sure if they made changes later down the line. I agree with Bert,. Maybe get better photos and the receipt?

The Rodman is a fake. Adidas didn’t release a yellow Rodman until they had different neck tagging. They had a purple Rodman at that time though. Outside of the tags, the cut is fishy. It’s a pretty decent fake, but no dice.

Back
Top Bottom