Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Clowns. called them yesterday right before they were closing to ask if the stuff i wanted was excluded and they said no. Finally got through after an hour of holding ready to put my order through only to be told they are now excluded.

Wait, what items were u looking at tho?

49ers steve young and deion. employee yesterday said the young wasnt excluded but the deion is up in the air and to just check back.

49ers steve young and deion. employee yesterday said the young wasnt excluded but the deion is up in the air and to just check back.
Ordered that Deion a couple days ago when it was 30% online that the flagship honored. Said it was excluded but because I talked to someone on IG asking if I could order it with the 30% , they gave it to me.

Those gold “premium” authentic jerseys were asinine and complete 💩. Should have never been re-created after the initial Champion replica renditions.

Mitchell and Ness is too focused on trying to be fashionable rather than making quality sports memorabilia and jerseys we desire.

Their lack of awareness can be seen in their numerous gimmicky swingman collections released time and time again.

Their lack of attention to detail and lack of care can be seen jersey after jersey where they stupidly offer authentics with inaccuracies and cookie-cutter coke bottle shaped jerseys that are made for

1643160072952.jpeg

Not to mention they cut corners by using incorrect font size. They use one size across the board for all sizes made instead of increasing name and numbers, all they do is increase the jersey fabric to accommodate bigger sized jerseys.

(Examples are from eBay auctions)

A1E7809B-000A-4986-BC17-C9DF72D3A4EA.jpeg
DCF089D0-70CC-4823-AA21-D7918BFFD148.jpeg

I vaguely recall those gold replica jerseys Champion made when they had the NBA license. It's pathetic that Mitchell & Ness bit off their idea and turned it into an "authentic" at a jacked up price. The sad part is that Stephen Curry even wore a Kobe Bryant premium gold jersey during the 2019-20 season when he was sitting on the bench due to injury after Kobe passed away.

Mitchell & Ness stopped focusing on quality once they began outsourcing after the early 2000s. The quality diminished worse after they were bought by Reebok.

They also got the inspiration to make those premium gold jerseys from those dumb gimmicky swingman jerseys.

Although I vaguely know about that Slender Man movie, that's a good reference with that one. 😆

Thanks for elaborating that they use a universal font size for all sizes instead of making adjustments with the sizes to align properly with a specific size. I never noticed that discrepancy.

Just ordered the grey Iverson Hoyas authentic for $195. I could hear the phone ringing off the hook in the background but I got through pretty quickly.

There’s so many choices for that 40% off to the point where I’d rather get nothing for now because it’s overwhelming to narrow them down 😂

Edit: Welp, called for the Home Jerry Rice but didn’t have my size. Oh well wasn’t meant to be. Got though quick as well btw.

Last edited:
How close are they to the online site in jersey styles not necessarily sizes. For instance, a Satchel Page Browns jersey, or Glove or Shawn Kemp Sonics jersey has been sold out online for a long time. Would they potentially have random sizes in situations like that? I would to call them with some clue of what I want.

Man I’ve been trying to refrain from purchases but I finally couldn’t say no to the blue Lakers Shaq jersey with the discount.

Got my order in today from the 30% off sale. Been wanting an Authentic Steve McNair Titans jersey for 22 years and I was always missing out on an OG version due to timing and not finding something in my size that wasn't also crazy expensive. Took a chance on not sizing down and it paid off as it fits perfect and I don't see any flaws on the jersey itself. Just wish the sleeves were maybe an inch shorter and they included the Super Bowl 34 patch even though they lost the game. Sucks that today they are doing 40%, I would have waited to save 30 more bucks had I known. Wonder if M&N will price adjust or go tell me to kick rocks. :emoji_joy:

Attachments

• IMG_2043.jpeg
    IMG_2043.jpeg
    430.9 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_2044.jpeg
    IMG_2044.jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 401
Got my order in today from the 30% off sale. Been wanting an Authentic Steve McNair Titans jersey for 22 years and I was always missing out on an OG version due to timing and not finding something in my size that wasn't also crazy expensive. Took a chance on not sizing down and it paid off as it fits perfect and I don't see any flaws on the jersey itself. Just wish the sleeves were maybe an inch shorter and they included the Super Bowl 34 patch even though they lost the game. Sucks that today they are doing 40%, I would have waited to save 30 more bucks had I known. Wonder if M&N will price adjust or go tell me to kick rocks. :emoji_joy:
Nice pick up. In my experience they have not been willing to price adjust but the last time I tried was like 3 years ago.

if M&N is trying to stock new gear (like baseball) they def trying to turn around their stock with this sale - meaning things that been sitting around longer.

I know the employees at the flagship store is cool and all (no complaints from me). you just gotta be mindful with what was tossed around in a conversation. I've seen more than 1 instance where "yesterday's price was not today's price" situation. and its around products that are "new release" or have not been sitting around long enough to NOT be considered "new release"
--------------------------------------------------------
Side note - I never had to return an item with the M&N website and all I've heard was horror stories. (items is fully priced, just part of a sale so its not "final sale") The flagship store rep told me they have just 1 dude working half days (part time) to respond to emails and process returns. any tips or suggestions y'all can recommend?

oh i paid with paypal btw.

anyone own the USA basketball practice mesh shorts?

I’m normally a medium in authentic shorts but the practice shorts are sold out in that size. I could do the large but feel they’ll be big.

Then excluding the 49ers joints was super whack. I still asked but dude talking about “new release” stupid. I tried for the 1976 Phillies mike Schmidt and they had none. And on hold for 27 minutes too.

Back
Top Bottom