Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

shaq is nice. was watching one on ebay for a while, but decided against it. :smokin

that white spirits marvin barnes is :smokin too. wonder what prompted the change in MN cut from a slight A line to the current hourglass like cut?

Probably doesn't waste as much material, and the factories in China not taking as much care in making these jerseys as they used to. I'd pay retail for a lot more of these jerseys if they were still made in USA

wish i could see eyanks jordan all star jersey side by side with the MN version for comparison sake.

Repped...thx

What are the biggest differences to you?

I see that the orange and the teal is slightly off. The piping is much ticket on the MN...But other than that, I can't spot much. The number size is bigger on the mn.

Last edited:
Repped...thx

What are the biggest differences to you?

I see that the orange and the teal is slightly off. The piping is much ticket on the MN...But other than that, I can't spot much. The number size is bigger on the mn.

I'll base my answer on what I know of the made in China M&N jerseys.

Obviously the upside down 2 on the back is wrong and ridiculous for a $350 product. The mesh is the #1 difference, by far. Pro cut has amazing mesh, with breathability, unlike the M&N.

Also, the way the design is screened onto the jersey is completely different. M&N must have a different process, because the screenprint just sits on top of the jersey, but on the pro cut the screenprint is such that it comes through the jersey at some points. The color like you said is also a bit off.

To be honest, from far away the M&N looks decent. Only a nit picky collector like myself would care about the differences, I mean I've seen youtube videos of people buying the horrible looking 96 all star fakes from overseas and they love them for some reason.

I'll base my answer on what I know of the made in China M&N jerseys.

Obviously the upside down 2 on the back is wrong and ridiculous for a $350 product. The mesh is the #1 difference, by far. Pro cut has amazing mesh, with breathability, unlike the M&N.

Also, the way the design is screened onto the jersey is completely different. M&N must have a different process, because the screenprint just sits on top of the jersey, but on the pro cut the screenprint is such that it comes through the jersey at some points. The color like you said is also a bit off.

To be honest, from far away the M&N looks decent. Only a nit picky collector like myself would care about the differences, I mean I've seen youtube videos of people buying the horrible looking 96 all star fakes from overseas and they love them for some reason.
thx

Wow! Didn't even notice the upside down 2!

I made a youtube video of the 96 Jordan pro cut so people could get a closer look at it.

I'll be doing more videos on some of my jerseys (particularly the rarer ones) and I'll use youtube as a platform to teach other jersey collectors, and point out different nuances about particular jerseys and styles that I've learned over the past 13-14 years. Anyone interested in this should subscribe to my channel and I'll do my best to pass on my knowledge.

Also, the upside down 2 was an issue when the jersey came out in 2012 and M&N had to acknowledge it. They said the Hall of Fame jersey they used as a sample had the number upside down as well.

Last edited:
When do mitchell and ness normally do their sales?

Fathers day, black friday. They had an mlb playoff sale last year (50% off) on all mlb products. Sometimes they have sales in between on apparel, last one was 30% off i believe. If u make an account with them they send emails when sales happen.

Word hopefully they dont exclude new releases like they did during that apparel sale. None of the new shorts could be discounted with that code.

If they exclude the diamondbacks and Astros that just dropped I wouldn't be surprised

Last edited:
I was tryna get those sonics shorts last sale and they had been out for some time but it didnt work. That astros joint is too clean tho...ill be honest ima huge baseball fan but i dont even kno who jimmy wynn was :lol:

Nice pickups in here. That deion, I guess it's me, but I'm not feeling that. I guess it's because of how those early run bartkowski and deion joints were. Props to you tho for copping what you wanted. That KG got me contemplating.

I have one last pickup to show. Got this in today. New With Tags 1995 Eddie Jones Rookie Game Mitchell & Ness jersey, size 48. Made in U.S.A. Looks fantastic in person. I don't see myself getting any other jerseys anytime soon unless something else crazy drops on ebay, but I'll still be around looking at what everyone else picks up and to help whenever I can.

View media item 2139310 View media item 2139311 View media item 2139312

These are the Champion pro cuts that I currently own and plan to hold on to. Hoping to add a lot more to the collection....

View media item 2139313

Back
Top Bottom