Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

M&N doesn't have control over what retailers do. they make their money over the wholesale cost.

its up to the retailer to make their profits, if M&N were to start cutting contracts and enforcing bogus rules, sales would plummet.

M&N knows who's an authorized dealer and what they sell at. Jerseys only moving because of discounts. those days of people paying $300 for a damn jersey are done with. majority of this thread aint copping a single jersey for $300, thats OD.

Word i didnt think theyd have control on what retailers can include for discount. I figured its like you said, they sell it to them wholesale and the rest is up to the retailer

exactly, how are you gonna tell a retailer they can't discount the product they own and make them sit on product for months maybe even a year because your ****** product won't move at retail prices, so you penalize the retailer who put money in your pocket and force them to take the L and not make any money? :lol:

if that was the case, no one would be stocking jerseys from them.

the wholesale prices are CHEAP AS **** anyways so I have no idea why M&N doesn't do 50% off sales regularly :smh:

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] shouldn't they know..?

They don't keep track of those things.

thats how people ruin **** :smh:

M&N gonna start letting retailers know that they cant disco the shorts in the future 

Reminds me of the John Elliott situation over on StyleForum. There's a thread (like this one) where folks always post sites that have JE on sale. Eventually JE caught wind of it and notified those retailers. Soon after sales were cut off.

Word i didnt think theyd have control on what retailers can include for discount. I figured its like you said, they sell it to them wholesale and the rest is up to the retailer

They don't but in general folks should just shut up and keep it moving.

Looked back into my email from March/April and activated that hall of fame coupon and grabbed the Nuggets Mutumbo for $140, always loved that uni. I'll take it. I'm good for the summer now and shout out to everyone in this thread for sharing the deals. Much appreciated.

M&N doesn't have control over what retailers do. they make their money over the wholesale cost.

its up to the retailer to make their profits, if M&N were to start cutting contracts and enforcing bogus rules, sales would plummet.

M&N knows who's an authorized dealer and what they sell at. Jerseys only moving because of discounts. those days of people paying $300 for a damn jersey are done with. majority of this thread aint copping a single jersey for $300, thats OD.
thats funny if you think they dont, if that retailer values their relationship with M&N theyll do what they are asked to do. 

doesnt control in-store since its obviously harder to keep track, but at least online theyll have that pull. 

the company i work for does that with online retailers, no disco codes, etc...at least not for newer stuff, older stuff doesnt matter after a certain point what the retailer does

They don't but in general folks should just shut up and keep it moving.

Agreed. Reminds me of that NDCa promo code that cats posted in the Toronto thread that came from RFD. Then some goof on RFD msged nike chat and brought up the code and the agent had the code shut down. Ruined it for everyone. I think i remember someone saying a lurker even made an account to cuss out dude that ruined it :rofl:

I'm saying right now, they don't have control. could they? yes.

M&N is aware of all these sales and analyzes everything especially whats being moved on their site and see most likely everything moves on discount.

they can tell retailers hey, stop marking down our **** or put a cap on discount at 20% max or whatever they really want.

like I said, we all know how BAD thats gonna be for both M&N and retailers. Retailers won't move anything and in return won't be ordering much if at all, then M&N gonna stuck with lots of stock that no one wants.

other brands it works because they might have a more affordable and wanted product but don't tell me majority of you are gonna be copping $300 jerseys on the regular or at a 10-20% discount.. nah

Last edited:
Personally I don't get peeved over their website being stingy with the deals.

Their social media guy has had a stick up his butt and acts slick in a way he wouldn't in actual social settings. It's members on here like that too. No big deal.

The actual m&n website and flagship store are one of many options for me. I feasted through Michael k, apparel zoo, and various individual eBay sellers so I'm not sweating the m&n sales like I would in the past.

I will say this though. If m&n tries to dictate what licensed sellers can do with their product it's going to backfire big time and they'll be destined to make the same mistakes they made during the og jersey era.

While we're avid jersey collectors, the stuff is a fad for a good chunk of their customer base and once that fad dies out, those customers are going to stop buying the product just like what happened in 04 once the jersey era died out. Having ran a few jersey stores at the time which had accounts with them, dealing with m&n was tough and they defenitely got too big for their bridges as opposed to reebok and Nike and it backfired for them.

If they try to dictate what sales retailers can run on their stuff, said retailers will just stop ordering their stuff. Hell it seems like Michael K is already trying to cut their losses as alll their m&n stuff has been marked down and they haven't put anything new up jersey wise in months.

The bubbles going to burst again for m&n. The unprofessionalism of their social media people doesn't help their cause either.

Last edited:
I want the 94 mutombo,the grant hill, royal kobe, and bucks ray Allen. I can only get 2 out of the 4 and can't decide. I wish i could get all of them.

Personally I don't get peeved over their website being stingy with the deals.

Their social media guy has had a stick up his butt and acts slick in a way he wouldn't in actual social settings. It's members on here like that too. No big deal.

The actual m&n website and flagship store are one of many options for me. I feasted through Michael k, apparel zoo, and various individual eBay sellers so I'm not sweating the m&n sales like I would in the past.

I will say this though. If m&n tries to dictate what licensed sellers can do with their product it's going to backfire big time and they'll be destined to make the same mistakes they made during the og jersey era.

While we're avid jersey collectors, the stuff is a fad for a good chunk of their customer base and once that fad dies out, those customers are going to stop buying the product just like what happened in 04 once the jersey era died out. Having ran a few jersey stores at the time which had accounts with them, dealing with m&n was tough and they defenitely got too big for their bridges as opposed to reebok and Nike and it backfired for them.

If they try to dictate what sales retailers can run on their stuff, said retailers will just stop ordering their stuff. Hell it seems like Michael K is already trying to cut their losses as alll their m&n stuff has been marked down and they haven't put anything new up jersey wise in months.

The bubbles going to burst again for m&n. The unprofessionalism of their social media people doesn't help their cause either.
Agreed, they should have decent sales to draw in more customers. If they have a sale where some of their jerseys are at least $100 then people will be more likely to purchase. 

That BF sale with $100 on all jerseys a few years back was the best! I still have the LJ, Vince, Zo & Gretzky that I copped. I should have bought more of those!

laugh.gif
You know it's true
laugh.gif

Agreed, they should have decent sales to draw in more customers. If they have a sale where some of their jerseys are at least $100 then people will be more likely to purchase. 

they're fine now, they see sales are good. we aren't seeing $100 for a very long time.

that website is loaded with about 11-12 jerseys id cop at $100 each. I wish it happened but don't see it for a long time

M&N as a whole is too popular right now with the basketball jerseys and especially shorts

Last edited:
Their poor service will backfire in the long run.

The lack of decent sales I'm not too surprised at given that I'm pretty sure they're getting retail on stuff like the shorts and bp's pretty easily.

Once this little mini jersey fad dies out I'd expect to see decent sales again. Personally though I'd rather deal with other sites though and just cut the flagship store out of the equation.

yea... but thats just not you maintain a successful business.
they're fine now, they see sales are good. we aren't seeing $100 for a very long time.

that website is loaded with about 11-12 jerseys id cop at $100 each. I wish it happened but don't see it for a long time

M&N as a whole is too popular right now with the basketball jerseys and especially shorts
True, there are a lot of those Jersey I would love to purchase but given that I'm not at financially gifted I can't spend $299 on a jersey.

Their poor service will backfire in the long run.

The lack of decent sales I'm not too surprised at given that I'm pretty sure they're getting retail on stuff like the shorts and bp's pretty easily.

Once this little mini jersey fad dies out I'd expect to see decent sales again. Personally though I'd rather deal with other sites though and just cut the flagship store out of the equation.

agreed. unless they offer a legit insane discount/sale... def prefer and will continue to give others business over them

Only jersey I've ever copped for retail was the Jordan 96/97. I've seen people in here say Jordans can be had for the low, but I've literally never seen them below retail on eBay. They're usually above retail if anything.
I don't think I ever paid retail for M&N during my lifetime lol
Some of my 1st couple of M&N, too bad I don't have these jerseys anymore tho...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom