Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

We're never going to be able to sign a FA in this dump we play in.
30t6p3b.gif

Pretty sure your ballpark is NOT the reason you dont sign free agents.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

We're never going to be able to sign a FA in this dump we play in.
30t6p3b.gif

Pretty sure your ballpark is NOT the reason you dont sign free agents.

laugh.gif
I'm trying to space stuff out with all the articles I get.

If the O's offer is as big as people say, then this might be a fail safe kinda move. Great signing for them nonetheless.

laugh.gif
I'm trying to space stuff out with all the articles I get.

If the O's offer is as big as people say, then this might be a fail safe kinda move. Great signing for them nonetheless.

A source told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle that the A's have indeed made a "big offer" to free agent Adrian Beltre.
Jayson Stark of ESPN.com heard from two MLB club officials Thursday that Beltre is close to a deal with the A's, so it looks like it's all coming together. The 31-year-old Beltre posted a .321/.365/.553 batting line, 28 home runs and 102 RBI this past season for the Red Sox.

A source told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle that the A's have indeed made a "big offer" to free agent Adrian Beltre.
Jayson Stark of ESPN.com heard from two MLB club officials Thursday that Beltre is close to a deal with the A's, so it looks like it's all coming together. The 31-year-old Beltre posted a .321/.365/.553 batting line, 28 home runs and 102 RBI this past season for the Red Sox.

laugh.gif
Did this dude not learn what a hitter's park does to him when he was in Seattle?

The New York Yankees informed Derek Jeter's agent, Casey Close, on Thursday that the team was willing to improve its original three-year, $45 million offer, according to sources close to the negotiations.

[h4]More On The Yankees[/h4]
nyy.gif

Want to get the scoop on everything in pinstripes? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

The Associated Press reported that the team did submit an improved offer but could not say whether the money or years had been improved.

There have been several reports in recent days that the team was open to slightly increasing the number of dollars in its offer, though not necessarily guaranteeing more than three years.

A baseball official with knowledge of the talks said the two sides are making "progress." The official said Tuesday's meeting in Tampa was crucial to dial down the rhetoric.

The two sides have been talking from late Wednesday into Thursday, continuing the face-to-face conversation they had in Tampa.

The official added that the sides could talk more before the winter meetings, but if they don't they could meet in Orlando.

laugh.gif
Did this dude not learn what a hitter's park does to him when he was in Seattle?

The New York Yankees informed Derek Jeter's agent, Casey Close, on Thursday that the team was willing to improve its original three-year, $45 million offer, according to sources close to the negotiations.

[h4]More On The Yankees[/h4]
nyy.gif

Want to get the scoop on everything in pinstripes? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

The Associated Press reported that the team did submit an improved offer but could not say whether the money or years had been improved.

There have been several reports in recent days that the team was open to slightly increasing the number of dollars in its offer, though not necessarily guaranteeing more than three years.

A baseball official with knowledge of the talks said the two sides are making "progress." The official said Tuesday's meeting in Tampa was crucial to dial down the rhetoric.

The two sides have been talking from late Wednesday into Thursday, continuing the face-to-face conversation they had in Tampa.

The official added that the sides could talk more before the winter meetings, but if they don't they could meet in Orlando.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
he's getting a multi-year deal, as he did when he went to Seattle. Playing in a big park is the least of his worries i'm sure.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
he's getting a multi-year deal, as he did when he went to Seattle. Playing in a big park is the least of his worries i'm sure.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Two years, $30 million for Mo.

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic - Yankee fans rejoice: "Enter Sandman" will blissfully be heard for two more years in the Bronx.

According to a source familiar with the negotiations between the Yankees and future Hall of Fame closer Mariano Rivera, the 41-year-old will sign a two-year deal believed to be worth $30 million by Friday night.

While the Yankee winter has been dominated by the negotiations between Yankee captain Derek Jeter and the club's front office, Rivera's free agent status went quietly under the radar, although his importance is immeasurable.

Thursday night, Rivera's agent Fernando Cuza - who was one of the many guests at Red Sox slugger David Ortiz's celebrity golf tournament kickoff dinner - had said the Yankees and Rivera's camp were "a little far apart" on getting a new deal done for Rivera, and that "hopefully we'll be able to work it out." But within hours, a deal came together, perhaps expedited because Rivera had recently received a three-year deal and more money (believed to be in the neighborhood of $17 million per year) from another team, according to the source. The source added that Rivera wanted to maintain his ties to the only team he has ever played for, and went with less money and fewer years to continue wearing pinstripes.

"He wanted to stay loyal to the Yankees," the source said.

Cuza would only say that he had received calls from other teams interested in Rivera's services.

Unlike the verbal exchanges between Jeter's agent Casey Close and the Yankee front office, Cuza and Rivera had kept their talks discreet. Cuza said that Rivera preferred it that way. "Negotiations are negotiations. It is what it is. We've always taken the approach, just kind of stay off the radar. By our approach, it's just keeping it very personal, between the player and the organization," the agent said.

While Jeter's numbers were down in 2010, batting well below his .314 career average, Rivera showed no signs of age, posting another impressive season with a 1.80 ERA and 33 saves. It's unclear if Rivera would want to pitch beyond this deal, though one former player said the pitcher can do whatever he wants as long as his signature pitch is working.

"I think Mo will be the greatest closer in the game until he decides to quit. That's how good he is. As long as he can throw that cutter, put it where he wants to put it, he'll pitch as long as he wants to pitch," said Sean Casey, the former Sox first baseman who was in attendance Thursday night.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...rk_yankees_worth_30_millio.html#ixzz171OWRHTA

Loath the Yanks, but this guy...what an athlete/person. Left $21 mil on the table. Wow.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Two years, $30 million for Mo.

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic - Yankee fans rejoice: "Enter Sandman" will blissfully be heard for two more years in the Bronx.

According to a source familiar with the negotiations between the Yankees and future Hall of Fame closer Mariano Rivera, the 41-year-old will sign a two-year deal believed to be worth $30 million by Friday night.

While the Yankee winter has been dominated by the negotiations between Yankee captain Derek Jeter and the club's front office, Rivera's free agent status went quietly under the radar, although his importance is immeasurable.

Thursday night, Rivera's agent Fernando Cuza - who was one of the many guests at Red Sox slugger David Ortiz's celebrity golf tournament kickoff dinner - had said the Yankees and Rivera's camp were "a little far apart" on getting a new deal done for Rivera, and that "hopefully we'll be able to work it out." But within hours, a deal came together, perhaps expedited because Rivera had recently received a three-year deal and more money (believed to be in the neighborhood of $17 million per year) from another team, according to the source. The source added that Rivera wanted to maintain his ties to the only team he has ever played for, and went with less money and fewer years to continue wearing pinstripes.

"He wanted to stay loyal to the Yankees," the source said.

Cuza would only say that he had received calls from other teams interested in Rivera's services.

Unlike the verbal exchanges between Jeter's agent Casey Close and the Yankee front office, Cuza and Rivera had kept their talks discreet. Cuza said that Rivera preferred it that way. "Negotiations are negotiations. It is what it is. We've always taken the approach, just kind of stay off the radar. By our approach, it's just keeping it very personal, between the player and the organization," the agent said.

While Jeter's numbers were down in 2010, batting well below his .314 career average, Rivera showed no signs of age, posting another impressive season with a 1.80 ERA and 33 saves. It's unclear if Rivera would want to pitch beyond this deal, though one former player said the pitcher can do whatever he wants as long as his signature pitch is working.

"I think Mo will be the greatest closer in the game until he decides to quit. That's how good he is. As long as he can throw that cutter, put it where he wants to put it, he'll pitch as long as he wants to pitch," said Sean Casey, the former Sox first baseman who was in attendance Thursday night.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...rk_yankees_worth_30_millio.html#ixzz171OWRHTA

Loath the Yanks, but this guy...what an athlete/person. Left $21 mil on the table. Wow.

What can a Mariners/AL West fan tell me about Jose Lopez? Seems like he might enjoy the friendly confines of Coors Field? We need a Power RH bat so I guess the gamble is worth it?

What can a Mariners/AL West fan tell me about Jose Lopez? Seems like he might enjoy the friendly confines of Coors Field? We need a Power RH bat so I guess the gamble is worth it?

Originally Posted by kapstone

Plays good defense but that's about it. Even a hitter's paradise like Coors won't help him much. Lifetime OPS of under .700 and .609 in 593 AB last year. Lifetime OBP under .300. So yeah...he's barely a major league hitter. He'll probably have a slight bounce back year with a little pop, but judging from the OBP numbers it's not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom