Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Rizzo: "it is an elite player. Elite players get a lot of money."

Rizzo, asked if there could be more coming, said: "we're going to be active and aggressive."

Rizzo on Werth deal: "It is a lot of money, a lot of yrs. But we think it is the start of something big."

*cue Owl ORLY picture*

Look at what else the media is saying bout this deal

"Um, I hope Jayson Werth is ready to lose a lot of games over the next 7 years."

The Werth contract has had an impact of an 8.0 earthquake. Rival gms, execs are going nuts about the terms. - Buster Olney

I know the Nationals have to overpay for FA's because they are the Nationals, but this is an insane contract for a guy that is 31 soon to be 32 years old. I give it less than 2 years for the Nationals to regret this deal (ala Zito and Wells).

I know the Nationals have to overpay for FA's because they are the Nationals, but this is an insane contract for a guy that is 31 soon to be 32 years old. I give it less than 2 years for the Nationals to regret this deal (ala Zito and Wells).

Unbelievable. Just another day in the life of a DC sports fan.

At first I was like:

then I fully realized what happened
1121176_o.gif

How can Rizzo possibly be this foolish? Unless the Nats have MUCH deeper pockets then we all think this is an abject disaster. He'll have great value the first two or three years, he did hit .368/.463/.754 in Washington last year. But then what? How are they gonna pay for Zimmerman in 5 years? Strasburg??? By then Bryce Harper will be near the end of his deal too. This is outrageous. 

Unbelievable. Just another day in the life of a DC sports fan.

At first I was like:

then I fully realized what happened
1121176_o.gif

How can Rizzo possibly be this foolish? Unless the Nats have MUCH deeper pockets then we all think this is an abject disaster. He'll have great value the first two or three years, he did hit .368/.463/.754 in Washington last year. But then what? How are they gonna pay for Zimmerman in 5 years? Strasburg??? By then Bryce Harper will be near the end of his deal too. This is outrageous. 

The dollars/year probably isn't all that far off, really... Just so many god damn years... But if you're Washington, you've probably gotta do that to get the guy you want.

The dollars/year probably isn't all that far off, really... Just so many god damn years... But if you're Washington, you've probably gotta do that to get the guy you want.

I understand Washington overpaying to get big name free agents, but they probably bid against themselves on this one.

I'm sure they could've got Werth with a 6 year deal in the neighborhood of $100 million.

I understand Washington overpaying to get big name free agents, but they probably bid against themselves on this one.

I'm sure they could've got Werth with a 6 year deal in the neighborhood of $100 million.

Sandy Alderson on Werth deal: "It makes some of our contracts look pretty good ... I thought they were trying to reduce the deficit in DC."

shots fired.

Sandy Alderson on Werth deal: "It makes some of our contracts look pretty good ... I thought they were trying to reduce the deficit in DC."

shots fired.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the Nationals. What a bummy a.ss organization. This has to be one of the worst contracts in MLB and sports history.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the Nationals. What a bummy a.ss organization. This has to be one of the worst contracts in MLB and sports history.

Back
Top Bottom