Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

people at the winter meetings don't know exactly what Crawfords asking price is but most are saying a starting point is "north of Werth's contract"

Is Crawford still going to be stealing bases at a productive rate in the tail end of that contract?

Pena to the Cubs. Great move. Good fit at a decent salary

Is Crawford still going to be stealing bases at a productive rate in the tail end of that contract?

Pena to the Cubs. Great move. Good fit at a decent salary

180 for crawford?
roll.gif
I hope the angels pull that off

... and while all this festivity is going on the Minnesota Twins are twiddling their damn thumbs. 
30t6p3b.gif

... and while all this festivity is going on the Minnesota Twins are twiddling their damn thumbs. 
30t6p3b.gif

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/12/padres-acquire-jason-bartlett.html[/h1]
[h1]Padres Acquire Jason Bartlett[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 8 at 5:26pm CST]

The Padres have acquired Jason Bartlett from the Rays, according to MLB.com's Corey Brock (on Twitter). Adam Russell and Cesar Ramos could be heading to the Rays in the deal.

Joel Sherman of the New York Post first reported that the Rays would make a trade (Twitter links) and Dan Hayes of the North County Times (Twitter link) and Bill Center of the San Diego Union Tribune also reported on the story as it broke.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/12/padres-acquire-jason-bartlett.html[/h1]
[h1]Padres Acquire Jason Bartlett[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 8 at 5:26pm CST]

The Padres have acquired Jason Bartlett from the Rays, according to MLB.com's Corey Brock (on Twitter). Adam Russell and Cesar Ramos could be heading to the Rays in the deal.

Joel Sherman of the New York Post first reported that the Rays would make a trade (Twitter links) and Dan Hayes of the North County Times (Twitter link) and Bill Center of the San Diego Union Tribune also reported on the story as it broke.

Originally Posted by JPZx

30t6p3b.gif
What do you want them to do, drop 140 mil+ on Crawford? They're a mid-market franchise, and nothing is going to change that. When you spend 180 mil on a catcher who doesn't hit for power, it kinda straps you financially. Still, there's a chance the Twins retain Pavano, who was critical for them last season.

Originally Posted by JPZx

30t6p3b.gif
What do you want them to do, drop 140 mil+ on Crawford? They're a mid-market franchise, and nothing is going to change that. When you spend 180 mil on a catcher who doesn't hit for power, it kinda straps you financially. Still, there's a chance the Twins retain Pavano, who was critical for them last season.

LOL @ anyone who overpays Crawford...nice player but guy doesn't provide power from the corner outfield spot.

The Nats ruined the market with that Werth deal.
sick.gif

LOL @ anyone who overpays Crawford...nice player but guy doesn't provide power from the corner outfield spot.

The Nats ruined the market with that Werth deal.
sick.gif

Transforming into one of those teams that overpays for a multitude of stars?

Not sure if want. :/

I want to go back to the days of having a roster full of hungry guys who were at least in the conversation of the best players at their position, and other guys who were hungry because they were under the radar.

Unless this transformation yields 20+ championships in my lifetime. Then I'll look back on this time in Angels history in gratitude.
laugh.gif

Transforming into one of those teams that overpays for a multitude of stars?

Not sure if want. :/

I want to go back to the days of having a roster full of hungry guys who were at least in the conversation of the best players at their position, and other guys who were hungry because they were under the radar.

Unless this transformation yields 20+ championships in my lifetime. Then I'll look back on this time in Angels history in gratitude.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

What do you want them to do, drop 140 mil+ on Crawford?
Not at all.

I want Minnesota to go out and get a top of the rotation pitcher, a quality second basemen and/or shortstop, and a couple nice arms for the bullpen.

Where in my post did I say they needed to be big names like Carl Crawford or Cliff Lee? The Twins have never made free agency splashes and I know that better than anyone. All I ask them to do is what they've been doing each year for the past decade or so. Make those little moves.. the one's that get swept under the rug by ESPN and other media outlets when first completed but end up mattering when it means the most in October. Such as Orlando Cabrera and Carl Pavano in 2009, or Shannon Stewart in 2006, or Jim Thome in 2010.

Tsuyoshi Nishioka is a good start... but that surely can't be the only move made this winter, right? Not when the White Sox and Tigers are paying big names left and right.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

What do you want them to do, drop 140 mil+ on Crawford?
Not at all.

I want Minnesota to go out and get a top of the rotation pitcher, a quality second basemen and/or shortstop, and a couple nice arms for the bullpen.

Where in my post did I say they needed to be big names like Carl Crawford or Cliff Lee? The Twins have never made free agency splashes and I know that better than anyone. All I ask them to do is what they've been doing each year for the past decade or so. Make those little moves.. the one's that get swept under the rug by ESPN and other media outlets when first completed but end up mattering when it means the most in October. Such as Orlando Cabrera and Carl Pavano in 2009, or Shannon Stewart in 2006, or Jim Thome in 2010.

Tsuyoshi Nishioka is a good start... but that surely can't be the only move made this winter, right? Not when the White Sox and Tigers are paying big names left and right.

Back
Top Bottom