Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

[h1]Braves, Uggla Closing In On Extension[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 16 at 1:11pm CST]

The Braves are closing in on a five-year extension worth $60-61MM with Dan Uggla, according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe (on Twitter). Braves GM Frank Wren and agent Terry Bross were planning to discuss an extension earlier in the month. Uggla rejected a four-year, $48MM deal from the Marlins before the Braves acquired him in a November trade.

Uggla, 30, earned $7.8MM last year and would likely have earned over $10MM if he had gone to arbitration this winter. A five-year deal would buy out Uggla's last remaining season of arbitration plus four free agent years. The reported deal appears to value Uggla's four free agent seasons at $12.5MM each.

Uggla batted .287/.369/.508 with 33 homers last year. He won his first Silver Slugger and reached the 30-homer plateau for the fourth consecutive season.

Good move 

[h1]Braves, Uggla Closing In On Extension[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 16 at 1:11pm CST]

The Braves are closing in on a five-year extension worth $60-61MM with Dan Uggla, according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe (on Twitter). Braves GM Frank Wren and agent Terry Bross were planning to discuss an extension earlier in the month. Uggla rejected a four-year, $48MM deal from the Marlins before the Braves acquired him in a November trade.

Uggla, 30, earned $7.8MM last year and would likely have earned over $10MM if he had gone to arbitration this winter. A five-year deal would buy out Uggla's last remaining season of arbitration plus four free agent years. The reported deal appears to value Uggla's four free agent seasons at $12.5MM each.

Uggla batted .287/.369/.508 with 33 homers last year. He won his first Silver Slugger and reached the 30-homer plateau for the fourth consecutive season.

Good move 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Now the Red Sox have two late-inning power arms they can't trust to finish games.
laugh.gif

Rangers supposedly sniffing around Prince Fielder.

laugh.gif
 Who's worse at first, him or your boy Chris Davis?

Good for the Braves
pimp.gif

Now the Red Sox have two late-inning power arms they can't trust to finish games.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Good for the Braves
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Just heard Kerry Wood to the Cubs for one year 1.5 million

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Edit: I heard he wanted to play closer to home, and obviously gave the Cubs a much reduced contract, because the White Sox apparently offered more. Think of it this way: Kerry Wood is playing for a team that he wants to play for in 2011. I can't really knock him other than wishing he just took what we might have offered him
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Just heard Kerry Wood to the Cubs for one year 1.5 million

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Edit: I heard he wanted to play closer to home, and obviously gave the Cubs a much reduced contract, because the White Sox apparently offered more. Think of it this way: Kerry Wood is playing for a team that he wants to play for in 2011. I can't really knock him other than wishing he just took what we might have offered him
ohwell.gif

My man Kerry really wanted to be back in Wrigley
pimp.gif

I used to love watching him pitch as a kid. Damn shame things never worked out.

My man Kerry really wanted to be back in Wrigley
pimp.gif

I used to love watching him pitch as a kid. Damn shame things never worked out.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
Davis is actually good with the glove at first... Dude just can't hit to save his god damn life.

Fielder would be a DH with Moreland at first, I'd imagine.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
Davis is actually good with the glove at first... Dude just can't hit to save his god damn life.

Fielder would be a DH with Moreland at first, I'd imagine.

Im really hoping Jenks is gonna be the 7th inning guy, then Bard and Pap for 8, 9 even tho ive read Jenks would be 8 and Pap would be 9 which doesnt make much sense to me. We needed middle relief, so I dont know why we went with another closer. Unless we move Jenks or Pap soon. It wouldnt be the first time we've signed a guy just to trade him away a couple weeks later. Maybe we are in talks with a team who wants a closer and we facilitated that need by picking up a throw away. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom