Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Im really hoping Jenks is gonna be the 7th inning guy, then Bard and Pap for 8, 9 even tho ive read Jenks would be 8 and Pap would be 9 which doesnt make much sense to me. We needed middle relief, so I dont know why we went with another closer. Unless we move Jenks or Pap soon. It wouldnt be the first time we've signed a guy just to trade him away a couple weeks later. Maybe we are in talks with a team who wants a closer and we facilitated that need by picking up a throw away. We'll see.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

should the yankees be worried that no one wants their money????
looks like a new regime with the boss gone. if he were still here lee would have been a yankee. he would have made him an offer he couldnt refuse
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

should the yankees be worried that no one wants their money????
looks like a new regime with the boss gone. if he were still here lee would have been a yankee. he would have made him an offer he couldnt refuse
laugh.gif

I think the real question should be Are they worried that the NY Media is making it hard for them to sign guys. The whole *%%% on anyone who isnt having a career year seems to be scaring a lot of players. Its a gift and a curse for them, and it seems like more and more players are opting to not deal with the bright lights and constant media bashing of Yankees players.

Spoiler [+]
excellent%20-%20zoom.jpg

I think the real question should be Are they worried that the NY Media is making it hard for them to sign guys. The whole *%%% on anyone who isnt having a career year seems to be scaring a lot of players. Its a gift and a curse for them, and it seems like more and more players are opting to not deal with the bright lights and constant media bashing of Yankees players.

Spoiler [+]
excellent%20-%20zoom.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

it's a good point though...i would say even our media is a turnoff for many...but it's nothing like NY. they're ruthless

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

it's a good point though...i would say even our media is a turnoff for many...but it's nothing like NY. they're ruthless

Exactly. Atleast with ours you can win over the fans. In NY you can be a god one week and then they be calling for your head the next Unless your name is Derek Jeter (although I did hear some jabs at DJ during the contract talks)...................Ask Arod

Exactly. Atleast with ours you can win over the fans. In NY you can be a god one week and then they be calling for your head the next Unless your name is Derek Jeter (although I did hear some jabs at DJ during the contract talks)...................Ask Arod

"Gentlemen, I've found the greatest young pitcher I ever saw. Isuppose this sounds like the same old stuff to you, but I want you tobelieve me. This boy I found out in Iowa will be the greatest pitcherthe world has ever known"---Cleveland Indians scout Cy Slapnicka, speaking to the Cleveland Indians Board of Directors, spring 1936

One more thought on Bob Feller: Thenewsreel footage I posted below shows him throwing an estimated 98.6MPH, which would be well over 100 MPH on a modern gun that measures thepitch at release and not at home plate. That measurement was done in1946. His contemporaries felt that Feller threw harder when he wasyounger, and that his peak velocities were when he first reached themajors in 1936 and 1937. If he was throwing, say, 102 MPH in 1946, whatwas he throwing in 1936...?

Bob Feller's signing bonus was $1.

Ifthere was a high school kid available for the 2011 draft who wasthrowing consistent 100-104 MPH fastballs, who also had a goodcurveball, who had an incredible work ethic, and was a fine overallathlete to boot, how much money would he make on draft day?

"Gentlemen, I've found the greatest young pitcher I ever saw. Isuppose this sounds like the same old stuff to you, but I want you tobelieve me. This boy I found out in Iowa will be the greatest pitcherthe world has ever known"---Cleveland Indians scout Cy Slapnicka, speaking to the Cleveland Indians Board of Directors, spring 1936

One more thought on Bob Feller: Thenewsreel footage I posted below shows him throwing an estimated 98.6MPH, which would be well over 100 MPH on a modern gun that measures thepitch at release and not at home plate. That measurement was done in1946. His contemporaries felt that Feller threw harder when he wasyounger, and that his peak velocities were when he first reached themajors in 1936 and 1937. If he was throwing, say, 102 MPH in 1946, whatwas he throwing in 1936...?

Bob Feller's signing bonus was $1.

Ifthere was a high school kid available for the 2011 draft who wasthrowing consistent 100-104 MPH fastballs, who also had a goodcurveball, who had an incredible work ethic, and was a fine overallathlete to boot, how much money would he make on draft day?

Back
Top Bottom