Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Don't think adding Greinke and Marcum puts Milwaukee on par with St Louis or Cincinnati...

And KING... I'm right there with you.. Rangers supposedly had loads of money to spend and a ton of prospects they could cash in, and it looks more and more likely they're going to head into 2011 with the same team they started last year with. Not sure how I feel about it.

Don't think adding Greinke and Marcum puts Milwaukee on par with St Louis or Cincinnati...

And KING... I'm right there with you.. Rangers supposedly had loads of money to spend and a ton of prospects they could cash in, and it looks more and more likely they're going to head into 2011 with the same team they started last year with. Not sure how I feel about it.

So dumb...

Grienke to the Brewers...and once again he will be pitching for a lack luster team that will go no where, guess that is his comfort zone. He turned down a trade to the Nationals because he thought the Brewers were a better team and he likes the city of Milwaukee better.

Oh well.

So dumb...

Grienke to the Brewers...and once again he will be pitching for a lack luster team that will go no where, guess that is his comfort zone. He turned down a trade to the Nationals because he thought the Brewers were a better team and he likes the city of Milwaukee better.

Oh well.

Cain is a monster...Escobar...we'll see,

I like the trade for Kansas City actually, Cain will be fun to watch

Who's even out there for next year tho? I mean I know Pujols. But I really dont see him going anywhere. But who are the big names next year (not that I'm getting greedy and looking forward to getting more players)

Who's even out there for next year tho? I mean I know Pujols. But I really dont see him going anywhere. But who are the big names next year (not that I'm getting greedy and looking forward to getting more players)

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

All I will say is Doug Melvin is betting his job with this move.  Escobar has a huge upside if he ever learns to hit and Cain can be a monster.  Jeffres is a power arm to have in the bullpen so he can be good too.  Now the Brewers have huge holes at short and CF.  From what I hear, Betancourt is trash and now we appear to be stuck with Carlos "I think I am a power hitter" Gomez in CF.  Dude has great range in CF but is trash at the plate.  Now it's playoffs or bust in Milwaukee and Melvins job depends on it.  Between Marcum and now Greinke he has pretty much given away every good prosepct this team had in the minors and judging by Melvins track record with acquiring pitchers here I certainly have my doubts about this.

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

All I will say is Doug Melvin is betting his job with this move.  Escobar has a huge upside if he ever learns to hit and Cain can be a monster.  Jeffres is a power arm to have in the bullpen so he can be good too.  Now the Brewers have huge holes at short and CF.  From what I hear, Betancourt is trash and now we appear to be stuck with Carlos "I think I am a power hitter" Gomez in CF.  Dude has great range in CF but is trash at the plate.  Now it's playoffs or bust in Milwaukee and Melvins job depends on it.  Between Marcum and now Greinke he has pretty much given away every good prosepct this team had in the minors and judging by Melvins track record with acquiring pitchers here I certainly have my doubts about this.

Originally Posted by mjd77

STOP...

Escobar was terrible this year and was ALWAYS an 'upside' guy whose production never matched his hype.. Doesn't take walks, doesn't hit for power, not a great defender... Meh, there's guys like him available EVERY YEAR in FA or through trade for cheap. Cain has some upside, but it's not a ton and he'll be 25 when the season starts and never played in the bigs... Jeffress is one drug issue away from a lifetime ban and supposedly can't be involved as the PTBNL in the deal.

Doug Melvin turned a bunch of marginal prospects into two very legitimate major league starters. Those are both great deals, regardless of whether or not it makes them a playoff team.

They robbed Kansas City IMO...

STOP...

Escobar was terrible this year and was ALWAYS an 'upside' guy whose production never matched his hype.. Doesn't take walks, doesn't hit for power, not a great defender... Meh, there's guys like him available EVERY YEAR in FA or through trade for cheap. Cain has some upside, but it's not a ton and he'll be 25 when the season starts and never played in the bigs... Jeffress is one drug issue away from a lifetime ban and supposedly can't be involved as the PTBNL in the deal.

Doug Melvin turned a bunch of marginal prospects into two very legitimate major league starters. Those are both great deals, regardless of whether or not it makes them a playoff team.

Yeah this was a great deal for the Brewers and Greinke. I expect to see Orlando Cabrera in Milwalkee next year as well.
Idk how you can try and @%%% on Melvin right now for making these two trades. The Brewers had the worst pitching staff in baseball last year, they were miserable, and now they have three legitimate starters.

Yeah this was a great deal for the Brewers and Greinke. I expect to see Orlando Cabrera in Milwalkee next year as well.
Idk how you can try and @%%% on Melvin right now for making these two trades. The Brewers had the worst pitching staff in baseball last year, they were miserable, and now they have three legitimate starters.

dare I say the Yankees have been one of the biggest losers in this offseason...their names of note are Russell Martin and Pedro Feliciano...

feels bad man...

(although the Mets did nothing...and are #POOR)

dare I say the Yankees have been one of the biggest losers in this offseason...their names of note are Russell Martin and Pedro Feliciano...

feels bad man...

(although the Mets did nothing...and are #POOR)

have fun brewers fans. you just took my number one man crush of all time away from me. i like the trade tho.

baseball needs a SALARY CAP.

have fun brewers fans. you just took my number one man crush of all time away from me. i like the trade tho.

baseball needs a SALARY CAP.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Perfect from Grenk since the Brewers are the Royals of the North.
laugh.gif
Right? And he waived a no-trade to go there... Color me confused.

But for Kansas City... This is just so, so stupid... People wonder why teams stay bad for as long as Kansas City and Pittsburgh do. Well, here's why. This has got nothing to do with salary caps or MLB being an uneven playing field.
we just received 2 pitchers who will be ranked in the top 100 prospects and both crack the Royals top 10 prospects, a shortstop who was a top 20 prospect going into last season and a center field prospect for Greinke,
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Perfect from Grenk since the Brewers are the Royals of the North.
laugh.gif
Right? And he waived a no-trade to go there... Color me confused.

But for Kansas City... This is just so, so stupid... People wonder why teams stay bad for as long as Kansas City and Pittsburgh do. Well, here's why. This has got nothing to do with salary caps or MLB being an uneven playing field.
we just received 2 pitchers who will be ranked in the top 100 prospects and both crack the Royals top 10 prospects, a shortstop who was a top 20 prospect going into last season and a center field prospect for Greinke,
indifferent.gif

STOP...

After reflecting a little more, this may not be as bad as it seems.  I forgot we still have Dickerson as a possibility in CF, but my point was that Melvin is heading into the last year of his contract so he had to try and do something major to get this pitching staff in shape.  If he did nothing and they have another year like the last, he is gone.  If this deal backfires he is still gone, and in addition so are a lot of our prospects.  Melvin basically has nothing to lose here so he is going for it all next season.

STOP...

After reflecting a little more, this may not be as bad as it seems.  I forgot we still have Dickerson as a possibility in CF, but my point was that Melvin is heading into the last year of his contract so he had to try and do something major to get this pitching staff in shape.  If he did nothing and they have another year like the last, he is gone.  If this deal backfires he is still gone, and in addition so are a lot of our prospects.  Melvin basically has nothing to lose here so he is going for it all next season.

Brewers are easily contenders in the NL central this year. When Prince dips out after the season then who knows, but this season they will contend. They have three guys that would either be the number 1 or 2 on any pitching staff, and Randy Wolf as the fourth starter. The offense was fourth in the NL in runs scored. Sounds like a contender to me.

Agreed with whoever said KC got no real impact players...smh

As for the Yankees,
laugh.gif
at the thought of them not contending/needing to rebuild soon...newsflash they're the Yankees, just because Cliff turned down a few extra million, doesn't mean all of a sudden every player/agent will start hating money. C'mon now. People are falling over themselves just because they're not the favorites this year. Give me a break.

Back
Top Bottom