Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I had some doubt in the pitbull but no doubting him now, I hate matt hughes so im glad the pitbull got it done.

It sounded like a good card. Too bad vera lost, was the stoppage that bad? I didn't see it.

And as for Money Mayweather in the UFC...
eek.gif
IF TRUE. He is still raw hewould need wrestling/ju jitsu classes to learn everything else besides the boxing ability.

Just got back from the bar. That pile driver was vicious. I still can't believe he lost the fight...

Mayweather has been training BJJ & wrestling for 6 months now, if true. I wonder wut weight division: LW or WW?? Anderson Silva to LHW division is a HUGEthreat...he will easily kill rampage. Dana asked Franklin if he wanted to fight Dan henderson for 85 but franklin hand got hurt from his previous fight withlutter. I'm pretty sure Hendo VS Franklin is going to happen soon. That was a bad stoppage from the Ref in the vera fight....he was the same ref forKimbo....kimbo got stuck in a crucifix for like a minute and a half not trying to get up and just was laying there and was getting elbowed and hit, while veragot hit 3 or 4 times and the rest were blocked by his coverage and fifteen seconds left, was bull. i call a rematch, everyone thought it was bull even Roganwas shocked and wanted to know the bottom to that. Vera dominated the standup and stunned Werdum with a hit. If the fight kept going i see Vera via TKO/KOsecond round. Vera is still top heavyweight contender in my opinion, he shown he could stay up with the big dogs, especially with a former pride fighter, whogot a victory over Aleksander Emelianenko he doesn't need to move down. I see vera with a heavyweight belt in the future. Thiago is a beast he's good,but i see Pierre run through him, i dont think fitch will beat Pierre, Pierre will run through him also. Pierre is in Brazil training until June 10. He'llbe prapared. Now on to 86........

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I gotta jump the bandwagon
laugh.gif

But, Thiago= Best Striker @ 170 easy.
IMO GSP has better striking. Guy stood with the best at 170 and took everyone apart. Thiago is good but I think this win doesn't propel him like awin vs a Koscheck would've. Which is the next fight I would like to see. Matt can get his fight vs Serra and hopefully retire after that and go out alegend instead of pulling a Ken Shamrock lol. The same ref that called this Vera fight is the same guy who let kimbo take shots for 2 min.. Unbelievable.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

laugh.gif

IMO GSP has better striking. Guy stood with the best at 170 and took everyone apart. Thiago is good but I think this win doesn't propel him like a win vs a Koscheck would've. Which is the next fight I would like to see. Matt can get his fight vs Serra and hopefully retire after that and go out a legend instead of pulling a Ken Shamrock lol. The same ref that called this Vera fight is the same guy who let kimbo take shots for 2 min.. Unbelievable.

GSP is a good striker, very accurate and precise. He would run through Thiago right now if they fought, BUT GSP doesn't really put power behind hispunches. If there is one flaw to GSP it's that he doesn't really have knockout power. He's a guy that uses his strikes to get you to the ground,not to beat you on the feet. Thiago has the best all around strikes if you wanna talk about power, accuracy, etc. And if you wanna use the Koscheck fight as anexample all GSP really did was out wrestle Kos.

I just cant see Mayweather making this move. His hands are already Calcium deposits.
He think punching someone with less than 8 oz gloves is gonna be better on them

smh.gif
@ Floyd

laugh.gif

IMO GSP has better striking. Guy stood with the best at 170 and took everyone apart. Thiago is good but I think this win doesn't propel him like a win vs a Koscheck would've. Which is the next fight I would like to see. Matt can get his fight vs Serra and hopefully retire after that and go out a legend instead of pulling a Ken Shamrock lol. The same ref that called this Vera fight is the same guy who let kimbo take shots for 2 min.. Unbelievable.

GSP is a good striker, very accurate and precise. He would run through Thiago right now if they fought, BUT GSP doesn't really put power behind his punches. If there is one flaw to GSP it's that he doesn't really have knockout power. He's a guy that uses his strikes to get you to the ground, not to beat you on the feet. Thiago has the best all around strikes if you wanna talk about power, accuracy, etc. And if you wanna use the Koscheck fight as an example all GSP really did was out wrestle Kos.

best striker @ 170... id go with GSP and BJ Penn (even though hes at 155 right now). gsp is the most versatile striker in mma aside from anderson silva. healso has some knockout power (superman punch to hughes that almost ko'ed him and the high kick to the knee thatgave him his first title). BJ Penn has very underrated striking skills because he uses a lot of other things in his arsenal. bj is a more powerful stiker thangsp. just look at gsp's face after their fight... and thats right bj won that fight im still salty
laugh.gif
!!! bj has great accurate knockout power... just ask caol uno and sherk to namea few.

smh @ matt hughes. i honestly dont like the guy that much cuz he is a tool and a douche. but i kinda felt sorry for him. hes really not improving at all andjust relying on his routine training... and thats wat caused his loss. he really needs to train with NEW people and improve on his striking. props to thiagothough.

the brandon vera fight was pretty good. but that stoppage has pure bullcrap. i really really hate that ref.
mad.gif
mad.gif
i call for an investigation. bring back big john and fire this roid up peace of garbage. how u gonna keep a fight going on for 2 minutes where a guyis getting gnp and on the next fight stop it after 4 wild swings which didnt really connect. vera wasnt even remotely hurt by those. of course he got hit butit wasnt like dude was unconscious. i would usually be the last guy to call a fight being fixed but that ref is very suspect.
and this so called big announcement... im not holding my breath. im interested but not that excited. coming from dana white hyping it up, we'll seehopefully it truly is something worth it

last announcement he made was the rampage vs. forrest.

honestly, forrest is a really good fighter and an extremely hard worker but... at the time of that specific announcement, keith jardine deserved the title shotmore than forrest because he beat forrest and the former hcamp chuck liddell. it was only logical for that to happen. but of course forrest is way more popularthan jardine and he beat a shogun that wasnt at the top of his game.

ok so i seem to be going on and on so lastly... anderson silva should move up to LHW. i think hes really too big for his own weightclass. time to move upspider and actually go up against some real challengers.

I'm not buying into the idea of Floyd going into UFC for the simple fact that there is NO WAY he would get paid more in the UFC than in boxing.

best striker @ 170... id go with GSP and BJ Penn (even though hes at 155 right now). gsp is the most versatile striker in mma aside from anderson silva. he also has some knockout power (superman punch to hughes that almost ko'ed him and the high kick to the knee that gave him his first title). BJ Penn has very underrated striking skills because he uses a lot of other things in his arsenal. bj is a more powerful stiker than gsp. just look at gsp's face after their fight... and thats right bj won that fight im still salty
laugh.gif
!!! bj has great accurate knockout power... just ask caol uno and sherk to name a few.
Trust you're not the only one
laugh.gif

2 instances isn't going make me say GSP brings some thunder.

I would put BJ up there. VERY good boxing for MMA. BJ will be damned if he throws any kicks though
laugh.gif
. Dude wouldn't even cover it in his book (and even says he doesn't)
laugh.gif

I'm not buying into the idea of Floyd going into UFC for the simple fact that there is NO WAY he would get paid more in the UFC than in boxing.
I'm not buying it either. It doesn't make sense for Floyd at all.

Originally Posted by rickybadman

laugh.gif

GSP is a better striker and Rush will destroy Thiago. Penn and Silva are the only ones near GSP's weight that can beat Rush.

I already said my piece on this and I'll keep on saying it. If there's a weakness in GSP's game it's that he doesn't really haveknockout power. Can you guys go out and times where he's had a guy completely ROCKED outside of the Hughes fight? Because I can't.

And I already said GSP would run through Thiago, easily. GSP would take him down and control him from there.

Really, come on now guys. Yes GSP and Spider are INSANE fighters, BUT they do have weaknesses no matter how small it is. I already said GSP has great standup, but if there's one weakness to it it's that he has no knockout power in his hands. Same with Anderson, Silva has a very slick ground game but hiswrestling is a little weak. See that's why these guys are the best, because you gotta go into little subcategories to point out and flaws, but they'restill there.

laugh.gif

GSP is a better striker and Rush will destroy Thiago. Penn and Silva are the only ones near GSP's weight that can beat Rush.

I already said my piece on this and I'll keep on saying it. If there's a weakness in GSP's game it's that he doesn't really have knockout power. Can you guys go out and times where he's had a guy completely ROCKED outside of the Hughes fight? Because I can't.

And I already said GSP would run through Thiago, easily. GSP would take him down and control him from there.
GSP is a better striker and Rush will destroy Thiago. Penn and Silva are the only ones near GSP's weight that can beat Rush. Anyway that flying knee Alves landed was beautiful, i have only seen Andy Souwer throw knees like that.

tired.gif
You said the same damn thing like last time. You have yet toreally back up anything you've said. You're a broken record right now going nowhere...

even though gsp doesnt have knockout power... he still is a better striker than thiago. gsp is just more versatile with his punches and kicks. kyokushin ftw.thiago prolly has better knee strikes cuz gsp only uses his standing knees in a clinch.

Originally Posted by Battousai7o1

even though gsp doesnt have knockout power... he still is a better striker than thiago. gsp is just more versatile with his punches and kicks. kyokushin ftw. thiago prolly has better knee strikes cuz gsp only uses his standing knees in a clinch.

I will admit that GSP does a great job of mixing up his kicks and punches. Never did I say GSP is a bad striker. The more I look at it the more I seeit's pretty much personal preference. Thiago has some of the best kicks in the buiness though. Ask Alessio how his legs felt after that fight.

I'm sorry I wasn't referring to Koscheck in that fight vs GSP but I meant I wanted to see a Alves vs Kos for the #1 spot. Yes you're right but lookat the quality of competitors GSP vs'ed and Alves. I would agree with you about the knockout power GSP does not possess but he doesn't really need itplus you also have to remember no one really has knockout power in the LW and WW weight class. I mean how many KOs do you see from the lighter guys? Not many.

Originally Posted by Battousai7o1

even though gsp doesnt have knockout power... he still is a better striker than thiago. gsp is just more versatile with his punches and kicks. kyokushin ftw. thiago prolly has better knee strikes cuz gsp only uses his standing knees in a clinch.

I will admit that GSP does a great job of mixing up his kicks and punches. Never did I say GSP is a bad striker. The more I look at it the more I see it's pretty much personal preference. Thiago has some of the best kicks in the buiness though. Ask Alessio how his legs felt after that fight.

yeah thiago does have some punishing kicks, ouch.

but best believe that he wont be using it as much if and when he goes up against fighters like gsp and penn. his leg kicks would leave him wide open fortakedowns. and when it comes to takedowns... gsp is one of the best mma wrestlers and bj is smart counter striker that will take u to the ground and his juijitsu just takes over.

most people dont realize how tough bj penn is. he went up against lyoto machida, a light heavyweight, and almost won. this was a bj penn that wasnt100%.

btw... i really hope the ufc create a tournament. similar to the old school ufc and pride.

I'm sorry I wasn't referring to Koscheck in that fight vs GSP but I meant I wanted to see a Alves vs Kos for the #1 spot. Yes you're right but look at the quality of competitors GSP vs'ed and Alves. I would agree with you about the knockout power GSP does not possess but he doesn't really need it plus you also have to remember no one really has knockout power in the LW and WW weight class. I mean how many KOs do you see from the lighter guys? Not many.

Trust, I agree with 100% with what you're saying.

I think you guys are mixing up what I'm saying. I'm not saying GSP is a bad striker, he's FAR from that. I'm not saying Alves has foughttougher comp. then GSP by no means. I'm just saying that if he does have a weakness, it's his KO power (which Alves has no problem with). And in termsof knockout power, Alves, Penn, Gomi, JZ, Pulver, Sam Stout, Spencer Fisher, Gray Maynard, etc. Those guys all have KO power and they are all LW or WW. Notsaying those guys are better strikers then GSP (except for Alves and Penn) but they all have KO power and those are guys in lighter weights. I'm not sayingstriking is his weakness, I'm just saying if he got into a fight with Alves and all they did was stand IMO Alves would win. Now of course that wouldn'thappen because GSP would just take him down and actually stay busy (unlike Hughes in this fight where he did absolutly nothing on the ground).
but best believe that he wont be using it as much if and when he goes up against fighters like gsp and penn. his leg kicks would leave him wide open for takedowns. and when it comes to takedowns... gsp is one of the best mma wrestlers and bj is smart counter striker that will take u to the ground and his jui jitsu just takes over.
I agree 100%. I'm not saying if they fought Alves would win, I'm just saying Alves' stand upis better. I've said a bunch of times GSP would beat Alves (pretty convincingly I might add).

I'm sorry I wasn't referring to Koscheck in that fight vs GSP but I meant I wanted to see a Alves vs Kos for the #1 spot. Yes you're right but look at the quality of competitors GSP vs'ed and Alves. I would agree with you about the knockout power GSP does not possess but he doesn't really need it plus you also have to remember no one really has knockout power in the LW and WW weight class. I mean how many KOs do you see from the lighter guys? Not many.

Trust, I agree with 100% with what you're saying.

I think you guys are mixing up what I'm saying. I'm not saying GSP is a bad striker, he's FAR from that. I'm not saying Alves has fought tougher comp. then GSP by no means. I'm just saying that if he does have a weakness, it's his KO power (which Alves has no problem with). And in terms of knockout power, Alves, Penn, Gomi, JZ, Pulver, Sam Stout, Spencer Fisher, Gray Maynard, etc. Those guys all have KO power and they are all LW or WW. Not saying those guys are better strikers then GSP (except for Alves and Penn) but they all have KO power and those are guys in lighter weights. I'm not saying striking is his weakness, I'm just saying if he got into a fight with Alves and all they did was stand IMO Alves would win. Now of course that wouldn't happen because GSP would just take him down and actually stay busy (unlike Hughes in this fight where he did absolutly nothing on the ground).
but best believe that he wont be using it as much if and when he goes up against fighters like gsp and penn. his leg kicks would leave him wide open for takedowns. and when it comes to takedowns... gsp is one of the best mma wrestlers and bj is smart counter striker that will take u to the ground and his jui jitsu just takes over.
I agree 100%. I'm not saying if they fought Alves would win, I'm just saying Alves' stand up is better. I've said a bunch of times GSP would beat Alves (pretty convincingly I might add).

dont worry we get wat ur saying. and good points about dropping names whos got ko power. i was about to say the same fighters. but when people first thinkof heavy hitters, names like crocop comes up.

and wth is up with crocop doing a grappling match. i mean thats good and all. its nice hes trying to excel and improve in his ground skills but come on now.too bad he had a bad showing in the ufc. cropcop vs. couture woulda been sooo nice.

laugh.gif

I already said my piece on this and I'll keep on saying it. If there's a weakness in GSP's game it's that he doesn't really have knockout power. Can you guys go out and times where he's had a guy completely ROCKED outside of the Hughes fight? Because I can't.

GSP is a better striker and Rush will destroy Thiago. Penn and Silva are the only ones near GSP's weight that can beat Rush. Anyway that flying knee Alves landed was beautiful, i have only seen Andy Souwer throw knees like that.

tired.gif
You said the same damn thing like last time. You have yet to really back up anything you've said. You're a broken record right now going nowhere...
Ok, GSP is a better striker because his boxing and kicks are better. Thiago as more power and better knees but if GSP chooses to stand, he will pick Thiago a part by hiting and moving all match.

I'm gonna ignore the rest because I said, 100 times that I agree that Thiago would get worked against GSP. And he just beat Karo, Lytle, and Hughes.Those aren't nobodies.

If you wanna put it that way Thiago's Muay Thai is better then GSP's, easy. And kicks? Look at his previous matches. Thiago's got the mostlethal kicks in MMA. Look at his matches with Alessio, Lytle, Hironaka, etc. Kicks were on point. And Penn has better boxing then GSP. Like I said name one time outside of the one Hughes fight (because the other ones he either lost or wrestled) where his stand up reallyleft someone in danger...

Just in case anyone cares, WVR had Sengoku: 3rd Battle early mourning:
  • Hidehiko Yoshida via Maurice Smith via submission (neck crank) -- 1, 2:23
  • Travis Wiuff via Kazuyuki Fujita via KO (punches) -- 1, 1:24
  • Kazuo Misaki via Logan Clark via unanimoous decision
  • Nick Thompson via Michael Costa via submission (kimura) -- 2, 4:13
  • Sanae Kikuta via Chris Rice via submission (arm-bar) -- 2, 3:54
  • Marcio Cruz via Mu Bae Choi via submission (rear-naked choke) -- 1, 4:37
  • Rodrigo Damm via Jorge Masvidal via TKO (punch) -- 2, 4:38
  • Fabio Silva via Yoshiki Takahashi via KO (knee) -- 2, 0:24
Judoka FTW! Woo hoo Yoshida finally won!

Heres this weekends card for EliteXC:

MAIN CARD

Champ KJ Noons vs. Yved Edwards (for EliteXC lightweight title)
Muhsin Corbbrey vs. Nick Diaz
Tony Bonello vs. Murilo "Ninja" Rua
Wayne Cole vs. Rafael Feijao
Dave Herman vs. Ron Waterman

PRELIMINARY CARD (PROELITE.COM)

Kala Kolohe vs. Bubba McDaniel*
Mark Oshiro vs. Chris Willems
Kaleo Kwan vs. Mike Aina
Chris Bernard vs. Lolohea Mahe
PJ Dean vs. Dean Lista

PRELIMINARY CARD (UN-AIRED)

Russell Doane vs. Dwayne Haney
Carl Barton vs. Kepa Madeiros

NEWS: Cro cop is out of the grappling match with Relik Gracie due to elbow injury for DREAM 4. And Frank Trigg and Takanori Gomi will be added to the next WVRcard Sengoku 4. Nice pics Monopoly....damn i bet that pic with Gina must of made your weekend
pimp.gif
.....LOL

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Heres this weekends card for EliteXC:

MAIN CARD

Champ KJ Noons vs. Yved Edwards (for EliteXC lightweight title)
Muhsin Corbbrey vs. Nick Diaz
Tony Bonello vs. Murilo "Ninja" Rua
Wayne Cole vs. Rafael Feijao
Dave Herman vs. Ron Waterman

PRELIMINARY CARD (PROELITE.COM)

Kala Kolohe vs. Bubba McDaniel*
Mark Oshiro vs. Chris Willems
Kaleo Kwan vs. Mike Aina
Chris Bernard vs. Lolohea Mahe
PJ Dean vs. Dean Lista

PRELIMINARY CARD (UN-AIRED)

Russell Doane vs. Dwayne Haney
Carl Barton vs. Kepa Madeiros
Ahh looks like a decent card. I REALLY want Diaz to come back as a top WW to the UFC, the guy NEVER has a boring fight and is a proven vet at only 24years old.

Back
Top Bottom