Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

NEWS: Arlovski just signed with Affliction. Donald Trump partners with Affliction.

Wow, I can't wait to see the damn salaries for this show
eek.gif

This may sound crazy, but I think that Faber could be a great Boxer.
Im talkin bout winning world titles at around 137 lbs.
Dude is a natural.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dude is a natural.

You think he can hang with the Diaz's (all of them
laugh.gif
), Casamayor,Katsidis, etc.? Faber most def. has some quick hands and he throws some pretty good pop but it's a whole different world from the 4 oz. to the 8-10oz.

Indeed I do, Only 2 cats @ that weight I would see him having problems with (hypothetically of course) Joel Casamayor & Nate campbell.

He already throws from proper angles, If he wanted to, I think he could do it, real rap

I agree Gunna...I was thinking that the whole time while watching him fight Pulver.

Dude is such a talented athlete and addict to the gym...I think he could def hold his own.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dude is a natural.

He did look nice with his hands against the southpaw Pulver (who has a boxing background). Faber threw the straight right effectively which according to myboxing trainer is how you defeat southpaw's. I personally think BJ Penn has alot of natural boxing abilities but I don't think he has eye poppingpunching power.

Originally Posted by shinobi916

Gomi would tool BJ on standup imo. His stand up is a bit overrated.

In no way or form would Gomi tool BJ. Gomi likes to throw wild a lot. BJ throws crisp shots. BJ has some of the best boxing for MMA IMO.

Watch Gomi's dominance in Pride. He has wild haymaker shots but dont let the Gomi in the Diaz fight fool you, he has much more than that. His boxing andfootwork is the best at lw. He was gassed as hell in the diaz fight so he was just trying to find that 1 hitter quitter. watch Gomi v kawajiri, Gomi v Jens,Gomi v Mach.
Dude has the power... He just needs to lose some weight.

Originally Posted by shinobi916

Watch Gomi's dominance in Pride. He has wild haymaker shots but dont let the Gomi in the Diaz fight fool you, he has much more than that. His boxing and footwork is the best at lw. He was gassed as hell in the diaz fight so he was just trying to find that 1 hitter quitter. watch Gomi v kawajiri, Gomi v Jens, Gomi v Mach.
Dude has the power... He just needs to lose some weight.

I'm not just basing it on those fights. I won't speak on the Jens fight because he was so much bigger then Jens. I haven't watched the Machfight in a while so I won't speak on that either to be fair, BUT I do remember the Crusher. He had A LOT of looping punches in that fight and he didn'tset up a lot of them. He lunges too much for my taste. Not saying Gomi isn't a good striker by no means, but BJ will catch him if he lunges in like heusually does. BJ is a much better striker (hell overall) then Gomi since their fight. He does have some thunder in his hands though I'll give you that.

I love the Gomi V.S Jens fight. I remember it like the back of my hand because it was my first Pride dvd i bought. Gomi was so slick and strong. His liverpunches were beautiful but he would lose to Penn. Call me crazy but I thought Sherk's standup was top notch and BJ handled that.

guess we just gotta wait and see...
devil.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Sunday, June 1, 2008[/h2]http:// [h3]Gomi visited Xtreme Couture[/h3]The main purpose of this trip is to train at Randy Couture's gym. After having a wrestling lesson with Randy, I sparred with Tyson Griffin who fought in the UFC. I enjoyed Las Vegas holidays for a couple of days and my condition is way too far from the best. My movement is so slow and I feel my body is heavier. I fully realized how hard it is to adjust myself when traveling overseas. I have to pay attention to my food and the change of the climate. I mainly trained grappling in my first day and had an interview with Silva and got tons of advice.
http://www.t-gomi.com/voice.html
97.jpg
96.jpg

pimp.gif

I would love to see Penn/Gomi II. Gomi wasn't anywhere near as good as he is now and neither is BJ. In terms of the lightweight division, the only otherfight I would wanna see for BJ is Penn/JZ.

And not surprised Gomi is heavy right now
laugh.gif

NEWS: Arlovski just signed with Affliction. Donald Trump partners with Affliction.
does that mean he's fighting rothwell???

and could trump with affliction mean thats where tito is going?

^^^

Yes. And Yes.

I expect Elite/XC to make a play for Tito. But on paper, right now, it would seem that Affliction has the better matchups for Tito already, with Lil' Nog,Babalu, Whitehead etc. already fighting.

They also have the best non UFC U.S. card I've seen since Pride died. So if they are the upstart, they can both benefit from that relationship. Nothingwould make Tito happier than helping brand Affliction and taking a bite out of the UFC.

I won't be able to watch this weekends UFC show, will there be anywehre online where I can watch/ download the show at a later time?
ohwell.gif

NEWS: Big Announcement From UFC Next Thursday - "...will rock the mma world" .........Could be something to do with a connectionwith WVR Victory Road or something about UFC LW & WW connection with WEC's LW & WW who knows?....... Dana recently had a interview with ESPN MAGand says Penn/Pierre definitley needs to happen, but dana doesnt like fighters moving up weight, he want's a dominant fighter in each division, and forPierre/Silva dont hold your breathe on that. Also If you didn't see earlier news We'll the "Phenom" is awaiting to make his return....VitorBelfort is now training with Chute Box in Brazil. I wonder what happened with Belfort and Team Blackhouse? which has an awesome roster that include Big Nog,Machida, and the Spider. Vitor Belfort is Going to fight in the 185Ibs. Middleweight division. It's rumored that he will be aiming for the Affliction card.Doubt it. And my boy Penn the earliest you might see him is prolly December 31st; If not, then beginning of 2009......he's basically going to rest the yearoff. But who knows....Braddah BJ will pull something off, when i go to Hilo ill go talk to BJ and ask him myslef when i go training in his gym. Manny Reyes Jr.wants a piece of Jens Pulver, Pulver's respons: "Who the hell is Manny Reyes!?!"........Matt Hamill VS. Chuck Liddell might be happening, andGabriell "Napoa" Gonzaga is set to return to go against Justin McCully which is still being planned for UFC 86. Wanderlei Silva next opponent ispossibly Rashad Evans....and if he get's a win he could get a possible shot at the title against whoever wins from the Forrest/Rampage fight. Win or loseMatt Hughes will be fighting Serra next.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I would love to see Penn/Gomi II. Gomi wasn't anywhere near as good as he is now and neither is BJ. In terms of the lightweight division, the only other fight I would wanna see for BJ is Penn/JZ.

And not surprised Gomi is heavy right now
laugh.gif

Damn I didnt even think about what a nice fight it would be to see BJ v. JZ.

Good to see that Affliction finally signed AA. Glad I locked up my tickets early, its going to be a great event. Its been awhile since I've had a chanceto catch a live MMA event, and this one definitely looks promising.

NEWS: Big Announcement From UFC Next Thursday - "...will rock the mma world" .........Could be something to do with a connection with WVR Victory Road or something about UFC LW & WW connection with WEC's LW & WW who knows?....... Dana recently had a interview with ESPN MAG and says Penn/Pierre definitley needs to happen, but dana doesnt like fighters moving up weight, he want's a dominant fighter in each division, and for Pierre/Silva dont hold your breathe on that. Also If you didn't see earlier news We'll the "Phenom" is awaiting to make his return....Vitor Belfort is now training with Chute Box in Brazil. I wonder what happened with Belfort and Team Blackhouse? which has an awesome roster that include Big Nog, Machida, and the Spider. Vitor Belfort is Going to fight in the 185Ibs. Middleweight division. It's rumored that he will be aiming for the Affliction card. Doubt it. And my boy Penn the earliest you might see him is prolly December 31st; If not, then beginning of 2009......he's basically going to rest the year off. But who knows....Braddah BJ will pull something off, when i go to Hilo ill go talk to BJ and ask him myslef when i go training in his gym. Manny Reyes Jr. wants a piece of Jens Pulver, Pulver's respons: "Who the hell is Manny Reyes!?!"........Matt Hamill VS. Chuck Liddell might be happening, and Gabriell "Napoa" Gonzaga is set to return to go against Justin McCully which is still being planned for UFC 86. Wanderlei Silva next opponent is possibly Rashad Evans....and if he get's a win he could get a possible shot at the title against whoever wins from the Forrest/Rampage fight. Win or lose Matt Hughes will be fighting Serra next.

eek.gif
Gomi and Barnett. Roger Gracie too
pimp.gif
. Hope this happens.

NEWS: Big Announcement From UFC Next Thursday - "...will rock the mma world" .........Could be something to do with a connection with WVR Victory Road or something about UFC LW & WW connection with WEC's LW & WW who knows?....... Dana recently had a interview with ESPN MAG and says Penn/Pierre definitley needs to happen, but dana doesnt like fighters moving up weight, he want's a dominant fighter in each division, and for Pierre/Silva dont hold your breathe on that. Also If you didn't see earlier news We'll the "Phenom" is awaiting to make his return....Vitor Belfort is now training with Chute Box in Brazil. I wonder what happened with Belfort and Team Blackhouse? which has an awesome roster that include Big Nog, Machida, and the Spider. Vitor Belfort is Going to fight in the 185Ibs. Middleweight division. It's rumored that he will be aiming for the Affliction card. Doubt it. And my boy Penn the earliest you might see him is prolly December 31st; If not, then beginning of 2009......he's basically going to rest the year off. But who knows....Braddah BJ will pull something off, when i go to Hilo ill go talk to BJ and ask him myslef when i go training in his gym. Manny Reyes Jr. wants a piece of Jens Pulver, Pulver's respons: "Who the hell is Manny Reyes!?!"........Matt Hamill VS. Chuck Liddell might be happening, and Gabriell "Napoa" Gonzaga is set to return to go against Justin McCully which is still being planned for UFC 86. Wanderlei Silva next opponent is possibly Rashad Evans....and if he get's a win he could get a possible shot at the title against whoever wins from the Forrest/Rampage fight. Win or lose Matt Hughes will be fighting Serra next.

Everyone on sherdog seems to think it will be a network deal. What else could be bigger right now w/ EliteXC getting such big ratings?

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Everyone on sherdog seems to think it will be a network deal. What else could be bigger right now w/ EliteXC getting such big ratings?

Who would they sign with? ABC? Fox? NBC= Strikeforce, CBS= EliteXC, UFC= ?. And didn't Spike just renew it's contract with the UFC? I think the newdeal goes all the way to 2011. I don't see that happening at all.

Back
Top Bottom