Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Whenever Dana says he has groundbreaking and exciting news, I'm usually disappointed.
ohwell.gif

EDIT: Since Mayhem Monkey reminded me that UFC has a long deal with Spike, I can only hope the UFC is coming to NYC!!!!!!
pimp.gif

I dont think the big announcement will be about a tv deal thats not that big to shake up the MMA world....it has to be something really big that will impactthe whole MMA world...like a team up with another organization, and a possible Grand Prix, or the return of Pride....I remember when UFC bought pride, in theconference Pride Staff announced that they will be back in a year. Who knows??? But Dana stated that the announcement is going to show how the organizarionwill be in 5 years. Anyways heres the results for weigh-ins for UFC 85: BEDLAM. Thiago blows his title shot if he does win...it's going to be acatch-weight bout. Also, Chuck Liddell is stated to headline the september UFC event in Georgia.

UFC 85 - Official Weigh-In Results
Main Event
Thiago Alves (174) VS Matt Hughes (170)

Jason Day (184) VS Michael Bisping (184)
Mike Swick (170) VS Marcus Davis (170)
Thales Leites (185) VS Nate Marquardt (185)
Fabricio Werdum (247) VS Brandon Vera (228)

Martin Kampmann (186) VS Jorge Rivera (185)
Thiago Tavares (154.5) VS Matt Wiman (155)
Roan Carneiro (171) VS Kevin Burns (170)
Luiz Cane (204) VS Jason Lambert (205)
Jess Liaudin (169) VS Paul Taylor (169)
Eddie Sanchez (244) VS Antoni Hardonk (247)

Thiago has had trouble making weight in the past. He walks around 200 pounds and was actually suspended for taking Diuretics in the past. At the time he saidhe didn't know the "water pill" was illegal. Only reason I know this, was because it was in May's issue of Real Fighter Magazine.Coincidentally, this whole thing, happens a month later.

not to thrilled about this card.

i know they threw this fight together last minute but any non title main event should be between two proven stars (iceman/shogun was an example)

hughes, ok, but thiago? should have just scrapped it and really loaded the rampage/forrest card by adding this and a couple of the other current fights ontoit.

the heck is up with fighters always not making weight in the biggest fights of their career?

ive read rumors that liddell's next oopponent is matt hammil.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

not to thrilled about this card.

i know they threw this fight together last minute but any non title main event should be between two proven stars (iceman/shogun was an example)

hughes, ok, but thiago? should have just scrapped it and really loaded the rampage/forrest card by adding this and a couple of the other current fights onto it.

the heck is up with fighters always not making weight in the biggest fights of their career?

ive read rumors that liddell's next oopponent is matt hammil.

There are a lot of people who have Thiago in their Top 10 170ers easy. They are still two Top 10 fighters in their division there is nothing wrong with thisbeing the main event.

You are severally underrating this card because there isn't one fight on the main card that isn't a quality fight. You can't be blinded by bignames by this card.

The only reason I won't be buying this card is because it has a really early start time. I end up checking the results any way.

There are a lot of people who have Thiago in their Top 10 170ers easy. They are still two Top 10 fighters in their division there is nothing wrong with this being the main event.

You are severally underrating this card because there isn't one fight on the main card that isn't a quality fight. You can't be blinded by big names by this card.

Underrating according to you who? you?

Matt Hughes vs a former suspension case who hasnt really beaten anyone but fatty parysian and cant make weight when it matters.

Not good enough for my money.

Big names are just that because they are proven product who put on solid fights. Smaller names can definitely put on great fights but as far as enticing me topurchase a ppv?

Being 'blind' would be purchasing a UFC ppv every month, just because there is one.

Dont presume to tell me how i am rating something when the deciding factor is MY hard earned money paying for MY entertainment.

Again, I am not thrilled about this card.

Just got home from the gym and am watching now. I have to imagine this will be the UFC's lowest buy rate in a real long time. Only the hardest of thehardcore fans will buy this show.

Maybe I'm just biased because I've always hated Matt Hughes. I hope Alves destroys him once and for all.

Marcus Davis's face is a bloody mess. He can't even open his left eye.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

There are a lot of people who have Thiago in their Top 10 170ers easy. They are still two Top 10 fighters in their division there is nothing wrong with this being the main event.

You are severally underrating this card because there isn't one fight on the main card that isn't a quality fight. You can't be blinded by big names by this card.
Underrating according to you who? you?

Matt Hughes vs a former suspension case who hasnt really beaten anyone but fatty parysian and cant make weight when it matters.

Not good enough for my money.

Big names are just that because they are proven product who put on solid fights. Smaller names can definitely put on great fights but as far as enticing me to purchase a ppv?

Being 'blind' would be purchasing a UFC ppv every month, just because there is one.

Dont presume to tell me how i am rating something when the deciding factor is MY hard earned money paying for MY entertainment.

Again, I am not thrilled about this card.

Fatty Parisyan? Seriously kid? Learn the sport before you start dogging some top fighters. And I didn't tell you to go buy it, I can give a damn if youbuy it. I didn't buy, I don't buy every PPV so now you're putting words in my mouth. And it's funny how you only point out one fight butwhatever. Pretty sure I learned to ignore your post about MMA in the past.
I heard the Vera stoppage was premature.

I think the UFC could sell a Silva/Bisping fight.
At this point that's where it seems to be heading. Either Bisping or Kampmann.

Fatty Parisyan? Seriously kid? Learn the sport before you start dogging some top fighters

Attempts to belittle others by refering to them as 'kid' or 'son' say a lot about your own age and maturity level.

Parysian is a talented fighter who has shown time and time again that his conditioning is mediocre. Did you look at his physique during the alves fight?

I don't buy every PPV so now you're putting words in my mouth.
I never said you did so i believe you are the one placing words.

I was making reference to the your statement about being 'blinded' by big names. I was stating that i wasnt blinded by big names, simply investing onlyin fight cards that interest me.

Pretty sure I learned to ignore your post about MMA in the past.

Yes, i believe i was ignored by many of the regulars in here when i said after the jardine fight that chuck/wady could still happen and be quite profitable.Also when i said that forrest should get the next title shot. But what do i know?

Not that i claim to 'know' anything. That was just my opinion at the time. However it appears as if joe silva and the ufc seemed to agree.

If you seem to know so much better than i then why do you find it necessary to comment on my posts so frequently?

Could it be that you find it necessary to feel as if you have a superior level of knowledge?

Once again, I was not thrilled about this card. That is not going change.

WOW

Alves destroyed Hughes with that flying knee, and Hughes just destroyed his own knee with the way he fell.

Alves looked like a monster in there. He should move up to 185. There is no way with his body size he'll be able to continually make 170.

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I think the UFC could sell a Silva/Bisping fight.

Then the next week they could sell PPVs for Bisping's funeral.

I never said Bisping would come close to winning, but Silva needs to fight someone before we maybe see the Silva/GSP fight.

Would Silva forfeit his titles by being a 205er? or would he just have to cut weight when he defended the belt?

Back
Top Bottom