Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Quote:
Can someone tell me what's going on with Fedor? Is he going to fight in UFC? Does he have any fights soon? or whatever else he's doing?
4394-headline.jpg

Quote:
Today the UFC officially announced the match-up that will feature the debut of MMAWeeklys current #1 light heavyweight fighter, Mauricio Shogun Rua as he takes on former Ultimate Fighter winner, Forrest Griffin in September at UFC 76.

Originally, UFC President Dana White had announced that Shogun would debut against fellow Brazilian heavy hitter, Lyoto Machida, but this is the official news that Shogun will now take on Griffin instead.

Mauricio Shogun Rua has been on a collision course with the UFCs 205lb division for some time now and after months of speculation as to who the former Pride Grand Prix winner would take on, that task belongs to Forrest Griffin.

Shogun was named MMAWeeklys Fighter of the Year in 2005 and after suffering an injury in a fight with Mark Coleman that gave him only his 2nd loss of his career, he has returned and reeled off an impressive series of victories over fighters such as Kazuhiro Nakamura, Alistair Overeem and Kevin Randleman.

Shogun enters the division with as much hype as any fighter has had coming into the UFC since Mirko CroCop debuted some months ago and he will be on a fast track with likely only 1 or 2 fights before he would challenge someone for the UFC light heavyweight title.

Shogun also currently holds a TKO victory over champion Quinton Rampage Jackson that happened during his run to the Grand Prix title in 2005.

Forrest Griffin will be coming into this fight after a dominant performance over Hector Ramirez at the UFC in Ireland recently. Griffin has been one of the most popular fighters in the UFC since the Ultimate Fighter show and this fight with Shogun could boost him to instant championship status if hes able to pull off a victory.

UFC 76 will take place September 22nd from Anaheim, California and will also feature the main event fight between former light heavyweight champion, Chuck The Iceman Liddell and Keith Jardine.
:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Give me Marcus Aurelio vs. Clay Guida>Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. David Heath, Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote.

I'm ready for Shogun to steamroll through the competition.
Sacramento Kings: Fight for the playoffs!

I'mma give this thread a little reup seeing as how in the Michael Vick thread in the general forum...dudes are trying to compare MMA to dog fighting :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. The IQ of some NT'ers is seriously borderline ******ed. I just hope these dogs they are referring to have a good training camp and are getting a cut of the PPV money.

I dont know sometimes I think fedor is really a beast. lol
Team Wolverine
Adams-Arrington-Crable-Graham-Hart-Henne-Jamison-Kraus-Long-Manningham-Mathews-Taylor-Warren

Quote:
- Outside of sportin' the slickest mag covers in the game, GONKAKU magazine shed some light on the Takanori Gomi sweepstakes when they chatted up Dana White in their latest @#%$ (pictured). Loosely translated White told the Japanese MMA mag...

"I like Gomi, but I also like fighters like Mach Sakurai and Kid Yamamoto just as much. The talks to bring Gomi to the UFC have not been promising."
0709_r3_c2.jpg

Damn...guess like we're not going to be getting Gomi. Gomi seriously would have had a great chance to win the lightweight title. He's a very big lightweight to begin with. I was also hoping to see a BJ Penn vs Gomi rematch. At the same time, Sakurai is basically ours now. The last I heard of Kid, he was in Hawaii visiting BJ Penn's gym, so hopefully that entices him to sign with Zuffa. Yamamoto's marketing ability is through the roof.

*edit*

For those that aren't as familiar with Kid Yamamoto and his antics...just imagine an asian Floyd Mayweather. Hell, imo they kind of look alike too, both have the same swagger, they even weigh about the same. Yamamoto lives a very flash lifestyle...here's his public blog, it's in Japanese but he always puts up cool pictures.

http://blog.killerbee.jp/

UFC 74 "Respect"- August 25

Randy Couture (c) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (UFC HW Title)
Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck
Roger Huerta vs. Alberto Crane
Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino
Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. David Heath
Frank Mir vs. Antoni Hardonk
Marcus Aurelio vs. Clay Guida

UFC 75 "Champion vs. Champion"- September 8
Sacramento Kings: Fight for the playoffs!

I wish they would start beefing up the UFC Fight Nights. I know all the money is in the PPV's...but the free fight nights is what brings in new fans. I am looking forward to Leben/Martin and Swick/Goulet though. But I have a feeling Swick/Goulet are going to both just counterpunch and turn it into a snooze fest.

A small update on CroCop's current training progress. Right now, he's training ground with Ricco Rodriguez in Croatia. But in August, he's going to bring in K-1 Veteran/Champ Remy Bojansky and MMA Veteran Gilbert Yvel to help him round out his Muay Thai. As if CroCop's striking needs to get any better... CroCop basically knows that his last match was supposed to be his last "tune up" before he fought for the title...and now he's on the verge of losing everything. He's taking this fight very seriously and has installed a cage in his gym. I suspect a first round KO by CroCop.

Randy Couture was interviewed on Jim Rome is Burning. It's up on the ESPN website if you guys want to watch it. As always, Couture comes off as a class act. They talked about his last fight with Sylvia and about Gonzaga's fight with CroCop. Discussed the current steroid issue in MMA and other general MMA questions.

thought Tomasz Drwal was fightin at 75 too? Dude looks very promising. Reminds me of a young Wanderlei...now we just gotta see how he does against good ground game...

Dudes like Tomasz come out to BANG. pause. Yea you're right he does remind me of a young Wanderlei. Aggressive and pushing the pace.

Looks like the UFC is hell bent on turning the UFN's into nothing but WW and LW fights. I know they want to showcase it but it seems like a little overkill throwing nothing but them on there. I can't wait for these next couple of cards.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

UFC 75 is at 9 PM in london? I assume that means 9 PM eastern time? but that would be like 3 AM in london wouldn't it? Curious to see about that... because there is a lot of good college football on that day, and the time of the fight will be pretty important to me, since i definitely want to see 75.

Quote:
UFC 75 is at 9 PM in london? I assume that means 9 PM eastern time? but that would be like 3 AM in london wouldn't it? Curious to see about that... because there is a lot of good college football on that day, and the time of the fight will be pretty important to me, since i definitely want to see 75.

I believe it's on tape delay for UFC 75. It will be free on Spike TV though(Notice the Spike logo on the poster). So even if you miss the first showing it will probably show back to back.

WORLD EXTREME CAGEFIGHTING LIVE THIS SUNDAY AUGUST 5TH ON VERSUS NETWORK...FREE!!

070119versus.jpg

Guys this is a pretty good card they have going. They are debuting Paul Filho who is one of the best fighters right now. Rich Franklin supposedly turned down a fight with Paul Filho and instead chose to fight Yushin Okami. So you know this guy means business. Here's the card so far...don't miss this one it's free:

Carlos Condit vs Brock Larson (Title Fight): This is going to be a GREAT fight. Both guys have had exciting fights so far
Paul Filho vs Joe Doerkson (Title Fight): Filho is undefeated and this is basically a stepping stone for him to eventually get to the UFC
Stephen Ledbetter vs Jeff Curran: I've seen Curran fight, I think he'll take this one.
Sherron Leggett vs Jamie Varner: Varner is a UFC veteran who I guess was sent to the WEC to further his skills.
Fernando Gonzalez vs Hiromitsu Miura: Miura went the distance with Mayhem Miller...I see him winning this with ease
Justin Robbens vs Antonio Banuelos
Logan Clark vs Eric Schambari
Blas Avena vs Tiki Ghosn: Tiki trains with Rob McCollough and Team Punishment. Dude is a straight beast..he'll win this.
Steven Cantwell vs Justin McElfresh: McElfresh's last fight was for the title versus Doug Marshall. He pretty much got dominated..I don't know how he'll do here.

The next few months are gonna be huge for MMA.

I can't wait for that Filho fight. As much as I support Joe (as a Canadian), he's gonna get tooled.
TRUE B7UES​

i thought Leben had left UFC?
or is this his last fight?
I thought he was going to fight in some Hawaiian promotion
or did he just move out there to coach?
i don't know... :lol:
laugh.gif
I'm at peace with my lust​
I can kill 'cause in God I trust, yeah​
It's evolution, baby​

Any chance Filho fails his drug test? There have been alot of rumors that he was roided up. I just want to see him in action again. I love that WEC is on VS. It is great exposure for the sport.
MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

Quote:
i thought Leben had left UFC?
or is this his last fight?
I thought he was going to fight in some Hawaiian promotion
or did he just move out there to coach?
i don't know... :lol:
laugh.gif
paying him more, he'll fight for ICON, a Hawaii promotion.

Quote:
Any chance Filho fails his drug test? There have been alot of rumors that he was roided up. I just want to see him in action again. I love that WEC is on VS. It is great exposure for the sport.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Filho is jacked up. I wouldn't doubt it. Here's something from the rumor mill: Kalib Starnes was being interviewed the other day and he says that he's traveled to Japan many times to corner his friends. He claims that the Japanese literally hand the fighters a list of drugs that they will NOT be tested for. Also, he says he's personally seen doctors throw out urine samples. food for thought.

I really love how the UFC shows great PPV caliber matches on Spike TV... Henderson VS Jackson for free? :pimp:
pimp.gif
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Reppin The Bay 650​

Don't forget guys. WEC Live on Versus Network at 9 EST time!!! It starts in 20 minutes. Don't miss this free PPV caliber card.

Paulo Filho's fight is next.

Filho wins by TKO last minute of the 1st round. He's now the new Middleweight champion of the WEC.

Back
Top Bottom