Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Rumors out there have Rich Franklin fighting Wanderlei Silva @ UFC 99 at a catchweight of 195 pounds.
eek.gif

Would be a damn good fight if it's booked. I got Silva taking this one by vicious knees from the clinch.
laugh.gif

Not sure if I'm late or if this is even true but supposedly Dana will be meeting with Fedor to set up a fight with Lesnar. Anybody got more info?

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Anyone think that if Louiseau gets a couple of good wins, the UFC will pit him against The Spider for a title shot. The whole GSP camp vs. Silva is set up right there.

loiseau has been sliding ever since the franklin fight but he's rattled off 3 in a row at small canadian shows. coincidentally 2 of those 3 events werenamed after him so you can imagine the competition.

jason day actually grabbed the ufc's attention by beating.him.

i think the only reason he's back is because the mw division is so severely lacking.

but im not mad 'em, canadian content!

loiseau's elbows are filthy
smh.gif

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Rumors out there have Rich Franklin fighting Wanderlei Silva @ UFC 99 at a catchweight of 195 pounds.
eek.gif

Would be a damn good fight if it's booked. I got Silva taking this one by vicious knees from the clinch.
laugh.gif

MMAjunkie is reporting it. I got Wandy taking this one. Unfortunate for Rich though. Hes on a bad streak, losing to Silva and Henderson recently. Add Wandy tothat list.

Ive been thinking for a long time that there needs to be a division at 195. i know cruiserweight is generally above lhw but it seems to flowbetter than putting 'super' infront of 'middleweight' . or make 205 cruiserweight and 195 lhw.

there are a lot of fighters who are just a little too big to easily make 185 but are on the small side for 205.

plus 205 is just so loaded that it would relieve a little congestion in the division.

also there are just too many events without title fights these days.

make franklin/wandy for the super middleweight/cruiserweight championship.

HELL MUTHAF'N YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOUT TIME MY MAN 'KID' GOT BACK IN ACTION!!!!!!!!!

FIRST OBJECTIVE, DREAM FW GP CHAMP, THEN COMING OVER TO U.S. AND TAKING OVER THE WEC!!!!!!!!

[h1]DREAM reveals opening-round match-ups for featherweight grand prix[/h1]
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Feb 19, 2009 at 12:40 pm ET

norifumi-yamamoto-2.jpg
The field is set for DREAM's featherweight grand prix, and the Japanese-based organization recently revealed the opening-round match-ups for the upcoming tournament.

The first round of the grand prix begins March 8 at DREAM.7, which is hosted by the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.

The 16-man bracket actually features just 15 fighters since Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (17-1), who hasn't fought in more than a year due to an ACL injury, gets an automatic berth into the second round.

Additionally, a bout between Hideo Tokoro (21-15-1) vs. Daika Hata (9-5-3) will take place in April at DREAM.8 to give Hata additional time to recover from a recent injury. Therefore, the DREAM.7 event features six grand-prix matchups.

The DREAM.7 fights include:
  • Masakazu Imanari (15-6-1) vs. Atsushi Yamamoto (12-5-1)
  • Hiroyuki Takaya (9-6-1) vs. Jong Won Kim (0-0)
  • Yoshiro Maeda (23-6-2) vs. Micah Miller (10-2)
  • Chase Beebe (11-3) vs. Joe Warren (0-0)
  • Bibiano Fernandes (3-2) vs. Takafumi Otsuka (8-3-1)
  • Abel Cullum (13-2) vs. Akiyo "Wicky" Nishiura (9-3-1)
The tournament will be held at 63 kilograms (139 pounds) and concludes with a September finale.

An eight-man welterweight tournament is also scheduled to begin in April at DREAM.8.

Both events are scheduled to air live on HDNet in North America.

For the latest on DREAM.7 and other upcoming events, check out the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I see kid cleaning up dream fw division sooner or later. he may be alil rusty tho.

i liek that dude tokoro too.
pimp.gif

SPOILERS.

not a lot of notes. card wasnt fantastic.

joe was acting like a moron whooping it up to the crowd when he started to see that he wasnt going to win the fight. he was just trying to save face. like afighter off of two losses only cares about putting on a great show.
eyes.gif

a heel hook! leg submissions dont exactly shop up on every card.

marqardts knee
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

1005.jpg

as for stevenson, he obviously needs to cut down to 145, not saying that he'd beat faber cause 145 pretty much belongs to faber but he'd stand a betterchance there, he's no longer in the mix and that win over tiebau wasnt that impressive, there's a lot of people in the mix at 155 and he's just notone of them, not to mention being 5'6 doesnt help him at 155 when everyone else is practically 5'10, unlike sherk or tyson griffin who are also5'6, joe doesnt have the well rounded striking that they do

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

That Damien Maia Throw/Triangle was sliiiiick
eek.gif

Hell yeah it was!! If Maia can develop just a decent stand-up game, he might actually be a threat to Spider sometime down the line..

2sb05ld.gif

iz410z.gif

Overall, I was very impressed with Saturday nights event. It was a helluva lot better than the Super Bowl weekend card thats for sure.

If I had ordered it on PPV I would've definately felt like I got my moneys worth. 10 fights, 1 decision, 9 televised fights, how can you NOT be satisfied?!

Marquardt is looking better and better every fight, as with Dos Santos. I was on the fence about the Koscheck fight, from one angle he's clearly knockedthe f' out, but from another, he looks ready to pull guard and even has his hands up. Dan Hardy looked good as well, his bandana around the face duringwalkout is very Kendall Grove-like lol. Next up, March 7th, Rampage/Jardine...

2zyexx2.gif

Couture vs Nogueira.

A long-rumored bout between former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture and former UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira appears set to take place.

According to multiple sources from Couture's camp, he has agreed to face Nogueira at the yet-unannounced UFC 101 sometime in August. The event may take place in Portland, Ore.

The UFC is now awaiting a response from Nogueira's camp.

Previously, Couture was offered a fight with Nogueira in the first half of 2009, but his role in Sylvester Stallone's "The Expendables," set to film in late March, got in the way.

Couture was also rumored to be under consideration for UFC 99 in Cologne, Germany on June 13, but a source indicated he would be unable to complete a proper 8-week training camp and would not take the fight.

Nogueira was last seen at UFC 92, where he lost his interim heavyweight title in a TKO loss to current interim champ Frank Mir.

Couture - who has fought for or defended a title in 15 of his 19 UFC fights - lost the undisputed heavyweight title when he succumbed to strikes against Brock Lesnar at UFC 91.

This is the bout that should have happened upon his return.

In fact couture never should have left and this fight should happened after the gonzaga fight.

One way or another, there is going to be a retirement after this fight.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Couture vs Nogueira.

A long-rumored bout between former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture and former UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira appears set to take place.

According to multiple sources from Couture's camp, he has agreed to face Nogueira at the yet-unannounced UFC 101 sometime in August. The event may take place in Portland, Ore.

The UFC is now awaiting a response from Nogueira's camp.

Previously, Couture was offered a fight with Nogueira in the first half of 2009, but his role in Sylvester Stallone's "The Expendables," set to film in late March, got in the way.

Couture was also rumored to be under consideration for UFC 99 in Cologne, Germany on June 13, but a source indicated he would be unable to complete a proper 8-week training camp and would not take the fight.

Nogueira was last seen at UFC 92, where he lost his interim heavyweight title in a TKO loss to current interim champ Frank Mir.

Couture - who has fought for or defended a title in 15 of his 19 UFC fights - lost the undisputed heavyweight title when he succumbed to strikes against Brock Lesnar at UFC 91.

This is the bout that should have happened upon his return.

In fact couture never should have left and this fight should happened after the gonzaga fight.

One way or another, there is going to be a retirement after this fight.

As much as it pains me to say it, chances are it'll be Couture again
tired.gif

There goes the CroCop vs Randy at UFC 99 rumors. I see Randy taking this over Big Nog because Nog hasn't been the same for the past couple fights.

Originally Posted by BJJ Prodigy

UFC SIGNS TOP 10 MIDDLEWEIGHT AKIYAMA.
"I'm excited to bring Akiyama into the UFC and I can see him making an immediate impact in the middleweight division," said UFC President Dana White. "Besides his great judo and submission game, he's a finisher, and UFC fans are going to love watching him because he always shows up to fight."

link
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8248&zoneid=13
bringing him would be more exciting for the UFC

i still have no respect for him from the whole sakuraba incident

Brown Blasts Garcia, Finishes with Sub

It took Mike Thomas Brown roughly two minutes to win the WEC featherweight title from Urijah Faber in November, and it took him about the same amount of time Sunday to defend it against Leonard Garcia.

Garcia had the home state advantage in the WEC 39 main event, which was held at the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas. A big puncher from Lubbock, Garcia's hands were rendered useless in the opening seconds after Brown floored him with an overhand right.

With blood leaking out of Garcia's forehead, Brown went to his back and worked on a choke. Garcia defended the submission but took more punches. Brown then moved into the mount and locked on an arm-triangle choke. This time Garcia tapped, ending his title bid at 1:57.

"No excuses. He hit me with a good shot," Garcia said. "I tried to recover. I tried to fight for you guys. I apologize that this was my performance here tonight. I guarantee you all one thing, I will be back again."

The win improved Brown's record to 21-4.

http://sherdog.com/news/a...-finishes-with-sub-16392

Damn man, hate to see L. Garcia go down like that. Dude's a warrior though, took that shot and still was able to gather himself enough to fend off the RNCand pull guard. That arm triangle choke was deep and he still fough it off til the very end. Props to Mike Brown for finishing another Top 10 FW in convincingfashion. Hopefully Urijah gets the next title shot, I see him easily winning the rematch. Hopefully by that time Kid will be on his way to the WEC to set up ashowdown with Faber sometime next year
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom