Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

second time this guy is in the news for fighting in public.. anyway..

[h1]UFC cuts lightweight competitor Rich Clementi[/h1]

With over 50 lightweight competitors under contract, UFC veteran Rich Clementi's strong track record was not enough tosurvive a two fight losing streak in the Octagon.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com was informed by a source Monday afternoon that Clementi was dropped from the UFC rostershortly after Saturday's first round submission loss against Gleison Tibau during UFC Fight Night 17.

The defeat was Clementi's second in a row after having also dropped a unanimous decision to Gray Maynard at UFC 90this past October.

http://fiveouncesofpain.c...competitor-rich-clementi/

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Please Dana don't, let Kenny and Alves have their chance!

So you're saying you WANT a 3rd fight between BJ/GSP?!?!

Naw man, I don't want a third fight between these two holding up Kenny and Alves's oppurtunities.

Please Dana don't, let Kenny and Alves have their chance!

So you're saying you WANT a 3rd fight between BJ/GSP?!?!

Naw man, I don't want a third fight between these two holding up Kenny and Alves's oppurtunities.

as indicated by the comma before the word 'let'.

dem-b is missing his junior high english.
laugh.gif

Strikeforce has confirmed a Shamrock-Diaz headliner for their April 11 show.

This should be a good fight, especially since Frank always brings it.

Strikeforce has confirmed a Shamrock-Diaz headliner for their April 11 show.

This should be a good fight, especially since Frank always brings it.

Diaz shouldn't fight any higher than 160 pounds..

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Possible Rule Changes Put UFC 97 in Jeopardy.

While the Ultimate Fighting Championship's Canadian debut last year was the most highly attended event in the promotion's history, it appears that the UFC's return trip to Montreal may not be as welcome.

The promotion on Wednesday launched ticket sales for its April 18 event at the Bell Centre in Montreal. UFC 97 is scheduled to feature a middleweight championship bout between Anderson Silva and Thales Leites.
Evidently, due to recent events that fall under the Quebec Athletic Commission's jurisdiction - specifically former TKO promoter Stephane Patry's new Strikebox event - the commission is considering revising the rules that have governed mixed martial arts for years in Quebec, according to a report from Sportsnet.ca. Sources apparently informed Sportsnet.ca that the QAC is considering changes such as disallowing elbow and knee strikes, requiring the use of a smaller cage than the UFC Octagon, and possibly forcing the referee to stop the bout if a fighter is knocked down from standing due to a strike in order to check and see if the fighter is able to continue. Representatives of the QAC told Sportsnet.ca the UFC would have to follow the commissions rules in order to operate an even in Montreal. The UFC has always been adamant that it acts under the governance of the sanctioning body in place in the territory that its events are held. Such rules changes would have a rather drastic effect on the in-ring action, the likes of which the promotion hasn't had to face in many years. Although no comment is yet forthcoming from the UFC on what it would do if such changes were implemented, it wouldn't seem to follow the promotion's track record to accept changes of such magnitude. The Sportsnet.ca report went on to say that "Marc Ratner, the UFC's vice president of government and regulatory affairs, is fully aware of the new situation and is hopeful that ongoing discussions with the commission will prove that this will not jeopardize the UFC's return to the province." [/td] [/tr][/table]

Evidently, due to recent events that fall under the Quebec Athletic Commission's jurisdiction - specifically former TKO promoter Stephane Patry's new Strikebox event - the commission is considering revising the rules that have governed mixed martial arts for years in Quebec, according to a report from Sportsnet.ca.

heard about what happened at strikebox, shameful but that shouldnt change MMA at all. If its not broken, what is there tofix? The commission is no better than strikebox for trying to change the rules right now.

Anyway........
eek.gif
pimp.gif
cant wait

2mqnssl.gif

jktvh5.gif

10fqnfl.gif

Shamrock and Tank both coming away with wins this weekend.
laugh.gif

God i'm losing respect for Ken. That whole night was just a huge joke. I usually have a TON of respect for small regional shows (been to quite a bit ofthem) but what went on Friday was just a huge $%%!*%* joke.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Shamrock and Tank both coming away with wins this weekend.
laugh.gif

God i'm losing respect for Ken. That whole night was just a huge joke. I usually have a TON of respect for small regional shows (been to quite a bit of them) but what went on Friday was just a huge $%%!*%* joke.

Yeah it was. After reading the follow up to the fiasco, it makes me shake my head even more. How can you mess up something THAT badly. Hell at least put thefights up for free and let people donate after watching 'em. I caught both fights on youtube, and I gotta say, I'd be PISSED if I had paid $10 to watchthat, even if it was going to a good cause.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

LMAO Not sure why the UFC let their fighters do this movie....

What. The. $#!@. Was. That.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Absolutely +!@#%* terrible. There is NOTHING good coming from them doing that movie, other than the extra $$. That movie looks worse than Never Back Down.
tired.gif

uno and louiseau both returning. nice.

upcoming fights im pumped for:

gsp vs. thiago at UFC 100.

spencer fisher vs. caol uno at UFC 99.

hughes vs. serra at UFC 98.

davis louiseau vs. ed herman at UFC 97.

diego vs. joe at UFC 95.

This Saturday night's upcoming FREE card:

MAIN CARD (Televised)
  • Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Stevenson
  • Dan Hardy vs. Rory Markham
  • Wilson Gouveia vs. Nate Marquardt
  • Demian Maia vs. Chael Sonnen
  • Josh Koscheck vs. Paulo Thiago
PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-televised)
  • Junior dos Santos vs. Stefan Struve
  • Brian Cobb vs. Terry Etim
  • Paul Kelly vs. Troy Mandaloniz
  • Mike Ciesnolevicz vs. Neil Grove
  • Evan Dunham vs. Per Eklund

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

We have the exact same picks lol..

MAIN CARD (Televised)
Nothing too exciting going on Saturday, but can't complain about it being free! Hope the Sanchez/Stevenson is actually good though. I got Diego by UD.He's gonna be a beast at 155.

VERY good news!!
pimp.gif

[h1]Report: UFC 97 is saved, will go on as planned in Montreal[/h1]
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Feb 18, 2009 at 12:45 pm ET

anderson-silva-11.jpg
A UFC 97 event planned for the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, has reportedly been saved.

Lat week Canadian officials said the UFC could not conduct the April 18 "UFC 97: Redemption" card with the UFC's current rules.

However, according to corussports.com, a French-language website that has covered the series of events, the UFC will prohibit foot stomps at the commission's request, but elbow and knee strikes will not be banned for the upcoming pay-per-view show.

Réjean Thériault, the communications director for the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, which governs alcohol, racing, gambling and combat sports in Quebec, initially stated the UFC's use of elbows and knees to the head do not currently fall in line with the commission's policies.

The commission's current policies only apply to boxing, kickboxing and something called "mixed boxing" that does not include MMA. The policies do not provide regulations on the use of a cage.

The commission's stance was especially confusing since representatives said the commission was unaware that UFC 83, attended by more than 21,000 people and generating $5.1 million in ticket sales, took place in Montreal in 2008.

UFC officials Lorenzo Fertitta and Marc Ratner met with the Canadian officials on Tuesday and apparently hashed out a deal.

As a back-up plan, the organization began making preparations for a possible move to the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas for UFC 97, Yahoo! Sports' Kevin Iole reported Tuesday.

UFC 97 features a main event between UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and challenger Thales Leites, and former UFC light-heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell takes on Mauricio "Shogun' Rua in the co-main event.

For continued coverage of "UFC 97: Redemption," stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

Anyone think that if Louiseau gets a couple of good wins, the UFC will pit him against The Spider for a title shot. The whole GSP camp vs. Silva is set upright there.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

We have the exact same picks lol..

MAIN CARD (Televised)
Nothing too exciting going on Saturday, but can't complain about it being free! Hope the Sanchez/Stevenson is actually good though. I got Diego by UD. He's gonna be a beast at 155.

The only fight I was on the fence on was the Nate fight.

And yeah, good thing this card is free cause theres no way me and my buddies would pay $45 for it.

Anyone think that if Louiseau gets a couple of good wins, the UFC will pit him against The Spider for a title shot. The whole GSP camp vs. Silva is set up right there.

It's been a while since I seen 'vintage' Louiseau, but I think he'd have a decent chance against Spider. I see Spider taking him out though,then after GSP gets by Alves, Dana sets up a 'redemption' scenario between GSP/Spider.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom