Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

On paper, Bisping has all the skills to win the fight, but I just dislike him with a passion. Therefore, I hope Hendo knocks him out something fierce
laugh.gif

Mir seems ready for a war, judging by the way he looked at the weigh-ins.

The more I look at it, I think Alves really has a chance to beat GSP. Should be a really good fight
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

man the more i think about it, the more i get nervous for the GSP Alves fight. Alves is a monster...so is GSP its going to be a warrrrrr

I thought of this, then I watched him against Jon Fitch and realized GSP is going to take him down and destroy him on the ground. If GSP stands up with him it could be a war.
That Fitch fight was 3 years ago. Alves is much better at defending the take down. If he fights Fitch now he would destroy him IMO. I would have to say his fights against Kos and Hughes are a better indication.
Good point. He looked amazing against Kos both for his strikes and takedown d. But if I had to choose I'd say GSP will take him down overAlves stuffing it. GSP's takedowns are above Fitch and Kos. Didn't Matt Hughes take him down at least once in that fight?

You better be watching the boxing card tonight!

ohwell.gif

I don't have Showtime, was just gonna catch it online afterwards.

Looks like I won't be watching UFC either, i'm taking my wife to the ER. She's having some issues with Mosquito bites...and it's gettingserious.

So amped! First time watching a PPV live! Thanks to Clutch and Mojo for that list of fights to watch. I now understand submissions a little more.

Are there any good MMA forums?

Also, how come the champions don't come to fight wearing their belts or have someone carrying it?

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Looks like I won't be watching UFC either, i'm taking my wife to the ER. She's having some issues with Mosquito bites...and it's getting serious.
Hope she's all well....
I will be at a wedding reception and they will be showing both cards
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by paidndade

So amped! First time watching a PPV live! Thanks to Clutch and Mojo for that list of fights to watch. I now understand submissions a little more.

Are there any good MMA forums?

Also, how come the champions don't come to fight wearing their belts or have someone carrying it?

Sherdog.com and someone close to the champ usually holds the belt as they come out.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

man the more i think about it, the more i get nervous for the GSP Alves fight. Alves is a monster...so is GSP its going to be a warrrrrr

I thought of this, then I watched him against Jon Fitch and realized GSP is going to take him down and destroy him on the ground. If GSP stands up with him it could be a war.
That Fitch fight was 3 years ago. Alves is much better at defending the take down. If he fights Fitch now he would destroy him IMO. I would have to say his fights against Kos and Hughes are a better indication.
Good point. He looked amazing against Kos both for his strikes and takedown d. But if I had to choose I'd say GSP will take him down over Alves stuffing it. GSP's takedowns are above Fitch and Kos. Didn't Matt Hughes take him down at least once in that fight?
Yeah, I would probably say GSP could take him down, I'm just hoping he's been working on getting back up and timing those knees.

And I remember Hughes pulling guard and he was able to get into Alves guard on scrambles and stuff but I don't remember Hughes landing a shot or"legit" (for the lack of better term) take down.

I wonder if Brock loses, he'll stomp the floor and the cage will fall apart
laugh.gif

I really wouldn't be surprised if Brock flips @$!+ either in the ring or backstage if he loses. Straight trying to destroy everything in hispath
laugh.gif

Man, I wasn't even excited about this @@%+ cause I didn't feel like watching Thiago Alves get tackled for five rounds, Jon Jones is on the undercard(
indifferent.gif
), hendo is a beast but he's a decision king, and I kindadon't wanna see Mir get tackled and knocked out in one round either. But after watching the countdown show I'm kinda hyped for it. I don't thinkit's gonna be the best card ever, (Rampage vs Wanderlei 3, Mir/Noguiera, and Evans/Griffin from last December was probably my favorite UFC card ever, I wasrooting for all the underdogs) but is should be aight. We'll see.

The streams have been on the same website it always is, but if you guys thought connection was bad on the last ones, I can just imagine what it's gonna belike for UFC 100.

%%$$###*+ always has the streams. And even when their streams go down you can find links through the site that will take you to another one.

Brock Lesnar, GSP, Henderson, Fitch, Jon Jones. All my picks tonight.

Something intresting I read. On Bobby Lashley's twitter he posted he will be at UFC 100... Maybe im reaching, but maybe a annoucement of Signing with theUFC.

Back
Top Bottom