Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

WEC tommorrow.

ben henderson is everything that people think clay guida is.

except instead of just attaching himself to his opponents waist he actually uses his wrestling to advance and improve his position for strikes or a sub.
you was right about that

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Great fight,
eyes.gif
but unanimous

scores were close...judges were spot on imo.

edit- this show is a jose aldo highlight reel

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

WEC tommorrow.

except instead of just attaching himself to his opponents waist he actually uses his wrestling to advance and improve his position for strikes or a sub.
you was right about that

usually am .
laugh.gif

that was a great fight. WEC main events are routinely fantastic. they need to intergrate 145lbs and 135lbs into the ufc so that there arent so many non titleheadliners.

as for the actual fight, benhen's wrestling is unreal but it's weird that cerrone is so succeptible to wrestling. if jackson camp has anything it'swrestlers, gsp, rashad, jardine, jones, stevenson.

cerrone really started taking over that fight in the late rounds, he such a slow starter sometimes i swear he fights better in the late rounds than at thestart of the fight.

overall very solid card.

News

- Shinya Aoki vs Tatsuya Kawajiri set for DYNAMITE New Year's Eve Card.

fighting on the card will be , Kid, sapp, and tim sylvia.

K1 fight will also be on the card likely including Masato.

- mousasi's opponent at strikeforce is going to be sokoudjou in a non title bout.

that's the thing i never liked about organizations other than the ufc. they all seem to routinely have active champions fighting in non title fights forno damn reason.

card looking kinda dope for strikeforce's november card.

fedor vs. rogers
shields vs miller
mousasi vs sokoudjou
werdum vs silva .

Wow that was the fight of the year... too bad they dont got that dana white promotion tip.... I'm really impressed in both these cats.

it'll be in triguing to see who's going to fight the winner of brown vs. aldo.

wagnney fabiano would have been the guy who deserved it but he lost a huge upset to semerzier. with a submission no less.

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

WEC tommorrow.

you was right about that

usually am .
laugh.gif

that was a great fight. WEC main events are routinely fantastic. they need to intergrate 145lbs and 135lbs into the ufc so that there arent so many non title headliners.

as for the actual fight, benhen's wrestling is unreal but it's weird that cerrone is so succeptible to wrestling. if jackson camp has anything it's wrestlers, gsp, rashad, jardine, jones, stevenson.

cerrone really started taking over that fight in the late rounds, he such a slow starter sometimes i swear he fights better in the late rounds than at the start of the fight.

overall very solid card.

News

- Shinya Aoki vs Tatsuya Kawajiri set for DYNAMITE New Year's Eve Card.

fighting on the card will be , Kid, sapp, and tim sylvia.

K1 fight will also be on the card likely including Masato.

- mousasi's opponent at strikeforce is going to be sokoudjou in a non title bout.

that's the thing i never liked about organizations other than the ufc. they all seem to routinely have active champions fighting in non title fights for no damn reason.

card looking kinda dope for strikeforce's november card.

fedor vs. rogers
shields vs miller
mousasi vs sokoudjou
werdum vs silva .

Link to to Kid info?Not that I don't believe it's just that I'm hyped.

Im rooting for Aldo. I hope he catches him with that knee and puts him to sleep

do it for my dude Urijah
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Im rooting for Aldo. I hope he catches him with that knee and puts him to sleep

do it for my dude Urijah
laugh.gif

QFT Urijah is back in full sparring and will hopefully have a fight in early Jan.

^ faber is overrated. see previous debate: page somethingorother.

nogueira/gonzaga rumors have turned into dos santos vs. gonzaga being in the works.

Akiyama vs. wandy !!!
eek.gif

Akiyama announced the contest at a press conference in Japan centered around the release of "UFC 2009 Undisputed" in the country.

Akiyama did not specify an event, but his February timeline makes the contest likely for UFC 110 in Las Vegas or UFC 111 in Sydney, Australia.

Akiyama made his debut for the UFC in a razor-thin split-decision win over Alan Belcher at UFC 100 in July. The bout earned Akiyama, who hasn't lost since a March 2005 bout with Jerome LeBanner, and Belcher the evening's "Fight of the Night" award and each scored a $100,000 bonus.

In his first fight at middleweight since making the decision to slim down from 205 pounds, Silva will look to snap a two-fight losing streak. The MMA legend is just 1-5 in his past six contests.

While neither event has officially been announced, UFC 110 is expected to take place Feb. 2 in Las Vegas, while UFC 111 will take place later that month.

and,

kimbo vs. houston
grin.gif

A slugfest between Kimbo Slice and Houston Alexander is looking like a strong possibility for UFC 107.

A source close to the situation advised FiveOuncesofPain.com today that although no bout agreements have been sent, at least one of the fighters has been formally approached about the possibility of the bout.

UFC 107 is scheduled for December 12 from Memphis, Tennessee, and will feature a headlining lightweight championship bout between B.J. Penn and Diego Sanchez.

Kimbo would be coming off of the heels of his appearance on "The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights", and his recent TUF 10 loss at the hands (and moon-sized belly) of Roy "Big Country" Nelson. Prior to his stint at the TUF house Kimbo suffered a lightning quick TKO defeat to Seth Petruzelli after racking up wins over guys like Tank Abbott and James "Colossus" Thompson.

Alexander recently bounced back into the winners circle with a first round TKO over Sherman Pendergarst during Adrenaline IV in September, following three consecutive defeats with the UFC.

A bout between the two heavy handed knockout artists at UFC 107 would go a long way in filling the void left by the scratching of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Rashad Evans due to Rampage's current involvement as B.A. Baracus on the upcoming A-Team remake.

and,

serra vs. trigg.
eyes.gif

im hyped about Akiyama vs Wandy

love to watch both guys fight, Aki is one of my fav fighters at the moment.

tough fight against a legend but...
Aki by ko
devil.gif

^ kimbo was always going to get at least 3 fights in the UFC.

he's too much of a draw to just let walk after losing on the show.

his appearance on the finale would have been essentially guaranteed but instead they're putting him on a ppv to draw buys.

even if he loses that fight, he'll get at least one if not two more chances. anymore than that and dana wont be able to justify keeping him around.

Back
Top Bottom