Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Real talk I put a tweet up saying how Shogun in Pride GP 05 mode has a chance against anyone in the world, a minute later I had ++%

This was a great performence by Shogun! He got robbed! Big time, but thats why they always say dont let it goto the judges!!!

So who wants to be Moderator/Administrator at Sherdog for the next 7 days?

o8hq49.jpg

laugh.gif

sherdog is wild

up until the thiago silva fight, people were always hating on machida, then after that people started showing him more respect, and after the rashad fight evenmore respect

this fight just gives the people who hate on machida more reasons to hate him, i guess im one of those people cause i dont hate machida but i always rootagainst him

laugh.gif
@ "appeal the %%*@ out of that decision"

And ##*$ a rematch, give that dude the damn belt. Who knows what'll happen next time. What's important is Shogun came in with the right gameplan andwas the better man TONIGHT.

Originally Posted by BlackCease

laugh.gif
@ "appeal the %%*@ out of that decision"

And ##*$ a rematch, give that dude the damn belt. Who knows what'll happen next time. What's important is Shogun came in with the right gameplan and was the better man TONIGHT.
Amen. I don't know what to do right now. Dana must clean this up or this is the beginning of the end of the UFC. I believe someone isbehind this, maybe some disgruntled boxing enthusiest who are trying to destroy the UFC fronm the inside.

I mean at the end of the fight Joe was talking about how Anderson vs. Shogan would happen. I guarantee Dana already had a date set before the decisions forthis fight.

He hears the decision and now has to set up an immediate rematch.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

I mean at the end of the fight Joe was talking about how Anderson vs. Shogan would happen. I guarantee Dana already had a date set before the decisions for this fight.

He hears the decision and now has to set up an immediate rematch.

first its shogun and and ur other quote that some boxer is working underground? Maybe they were stupid judges it was a HORRIBLE call but there will be arematch where shogun is going for the kill
pimp.gif

robbery

i enjoyed the entire fight... machida was hurt bad early, i think he showed a lot of heart lots of people would have folded with that same damage...but theyruined it completely ....it looked like dana told shogun he had him winning.

dam machida should've manned up n gave Rua the belt. in the beggining of the fight the crowd was chanting machidda machiddaa, when they gave him the win,EVERYONE BOOD. this man lost blatantly, if u look at his face when the said his name he looked dumb surprised...Rua tagged up lyoto, cut him up on his nose lipand cheek, bruised his ribs n legs and rua only got hit a few times durin the two flurries lyoto had in the 1st and 4th round. Other than this it was puredomination on shoguns side. The thing that gets me is that he didnt even man up and admit he performed below average, rogan asked him if he thought heDISSERVED the win, and that dude knew he didnt, thats why he got surprised when he won, yet he still said "hey if all 3 judges scored in my favor then imustve won" RIGGED FTL

I am a big Machida fan, but he clearly lost that one. Shogun's game plan was on point, and had Machida frustrated the entire fight. I had it 4-1 Rua.

I wouldn't even come back to the UFC if I was Shogun, eff a rematch. If they rematched, Machida is a good enough fighter that I think he'd be able tochange his strategy and he'd KO Shogun.

Overall, it was a robbery. Unanimous decision? What a joke.
smh.gif

Shogun has only himself to blame, Machida was CLEARY injured from round 3 on.

His legs were DONE, he couldn't kick and had absolutely no power in his punches.

But instead of pressing the fight, he chose to sit back and leg kick...

No doubt in my mind Shogun could have ended that fight.

Instead he lets it go to a decision and he lost.

It's a damn title fight, how many times has a challenger won a belt by decision..?

^ Truth. Shogun's corner told him he was ahead, and he didn't press the action in the last two rounds. Don't blame the judges.

On top of that, this robbery talk is crazy. You're going to tell me there weren't four extremely close rounds in that fight? I had Machida winning 3/5(like the judges), even though all three winning rounds were close. Rua did not win any 10-8 rounds, and therefore I thought the result was acceptable, if notappropriate.

The judges look for effective strikes in each round, and based on that, somebody is going to get 10 points. They rarely consider damage sustained in a fightlike this, especially via leg kicks.

Maybe I felt differently from a lot of you guys because I couldn't hear the commentary while I was watching the fight. My two cents.

I'm sooooo glad I decided to go to a halloween party rather than sit home and watch what I'm hearing to be a travesty, it would of probably ruined mynight had I stayed a and watched it. I need highlights though ASAP!

Shogan did what no one has done to Machida. Shogan figured out the puzzle and not only that was back in top shape, didn't gas and could have fought another2-3 rounds. His plan was perfect and his power was ridiculous.

Shogan is back and after that performance, as much as I love Machida and some other LHW, I only see Anderson Silva able to beat him.

Well, they have both agreed to a re-match, so their next fight should be a great one. i expect someone to get Knocked Out.

Back
Top Bottom