Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

This is good.

One more step toward Brock vs Machida.

One more step toward Brock F-5ing Machida
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Can't wait to see Brock angry-baby punch his way to victory.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
There's these things called weight classes...
There's these things called you're late...

And...

You're late....

Machida been expressed his desire to fight Brock. It was big news on ESPN and Sherdog. Don't shoot the messenger.

P.S. Dana don't give a damn about his "205 pound champ" he cares about money. If the fight can generate buzz, it's going to happen.

BTW This is MMA. Since when did "weight classes" ever really matter?
eyes.gif

Mauricio SHOGUN Rua = the people's champion
pimp.gif

EVERYONE who are in their right mind, except for those 3 idiotic judges, knows that Shogunwon that fight.

- Machida's corner was more surprised than Shogun's corner about the decision. that tells you a lot right there. whenever machida is asked if he won,he alludes to it and says "well the judges think so."

- Dana White has said in public that Shogun won.

- mma fighters have said that Shogun won the fight. i have yet to come across any that claims machida won. but of course machida's bff, anderson silva,will say that he won.

- there has been numerous mma websites like sherdog and espn have a majority of their mma fans and members that thought Shogun won.

- fight statistics have shown that Shogun landed a lot more strikes than machida all throughout the rounds.

if machida truly considers himself to be of "samurai blood"... he should then admit that he lost and give up his belt to shogun. actually the hellwith that... if hes a true samurai, then he should just commit seppuku for his dishonarable win . (just kidding about the harakiri part)

It was a VERY close fight. I believe the judges saw it how the announcers did: to beat a champion, you have to REALLY beat him... not make it close.
Nonetheless it seemed like there could have been more action
grin.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

^I just posted a link

So away from the "that" fight who watched the other fights? Dream anyone?

Overeem's BullyBeatdown performance
smh.gif
...and so did Rumble Johnson
laugh.gif

Sakuraba
eek.gif
I thought he was gonna get pounded out but it looks like he broke Galesic's leg
Zaromskis
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Battousai701

Mauricio SHOGUN Rua = the people's champion
pimp.gif

EVERYONE who are in their right mind, except for those 3 idiotic judges, knows that Shogun won that fight.

- Machida's corner was more surprised than Shogun's corner about the decision. that tells you a lot right there. whenever machida is asked if he won, he alludes to it and says "well the judges think so."

- Dana White has said in public that Shogun won.

- mma fighters have said that Shogun won the fight. i have yet to come across any that claims machida won. but of course machida's bff, anderson silva, will say that he won.

- there has been numerous mma websites like sherdog and espn have a majority of their mma fans and members that thought Shogun won.

- fight statistics have shown that Shogun landed a lot more strikes than machida all throughout the rounds.

if machida truly considers himself to be of "samurai blood"... he should then admit that he lost and give up his belt to shogun. actually the hell with that... if hes a true samurai, then he should just commit seppuku for his dishonarable win . (just kidding about the harakiri part)

I pretty much agree with everything said there cept that last statement.

I think it is laughable that people are calling Machida dishonorable or anything remotely close to that. He stepped in the cage, did his job (albeit poorly),and you cant really ask for more than that. If you want to point fingers, they need to be pointed squarely on the judges. Machida has no control over thejudges decisions. I can't imagine ANY athlete in ANY sport overruling a judge/referee's decision that went in their favor no matter how blatant amistake it was. Machida can only control his own actions not those of others and he did the HONORABLE thing by agreeing to an immediate rematch.

Rua got robbed, but its not Machida's place to make good on the mistakes of others. All they can do is hook em up again and both of them need to come outand try to finish the fight.

Illness forces Lesnar out of fight
Brock Lesnar, the Ultimate Fighting Championship's massive heavyweight titleholder, was forced to withdraw Monday from his highly anticipated Nov. 21 title defense in Las Vegas against Shane Carwin.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the news to Yahoo! Sports. White said Lesnar has been ill for more than three-and-a-half weeks and unable to train. With the bout at UFC 106 less than a month away, Lesnar was forced to postpone the title defense.

"He said he's never been this sick in his life," White said. "He said it's been going on for a long time and he just hasn't been able to shake it."

White said he does not believe Lesnar had the H1N1 virus, commonly known as swine flu.

The fight matched two of the biggest and most powerful heavyweights in the UFC. Lesnar (4-1), a former World Wrestling Entertainment star, was a junior college and NCAA Division I wrestling champion. Carwin is a former Division II national wrestling champion.

Both men weigh around 295 pounds and cut weight to make the heavyweight division's 265-pound limit.

White said he is not sure when the fight will be rescheduled or if Carwin will still fight on the card.

"We're still working everything out," he said.

Carwin (11-0), who made several appearances in Los Angeles on Saturday to promote the fight, was clearly disappointed at getting the news.

"My heart just sank, as you can imagine," Carwin said. "Hopefully, we'll get it rescheduled soon."

The co-feature at UFC 106 is set to be a light heavyweight bout between Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin, both among the company's most popular fighters. That bout could be moved to main event status if White does not land a suitable opponent for Carwin for that date.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-lesnar102609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

smh.gif
Well this sucks but at least this takes light away from Shogun gettingrobbed talk.

They got to get Carwin off the card and just postpone this fight. Fight needs to happen, no reason to risk anything.

I allowed myself to sleep on it, think about it some, watch it again, and think about it even more.

Machida lost. Period.

Every single person watching it at my house had Shogun winning. My wife was screaming for Machida the entire match, but even by the 5th round even she knew helost.

I'm getting mad just thinking about it again.

The funny thing is, right after the decision I thought to myself "Was Cecil Peoples judging?"

He was.

cecilhs3.jpg

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I allowed myself to sleep on it, think about it some, watch it again, and think about it even more.

Machida lost. Period.

Every single person watching it at my house had Shogun winning. My wife was screaming for Machida the entire match, but even by the 5th round even she knew he lost.

I'm getting mad just thinking about it again.

The funny thing is, right after the decision I thought to myself "Was Cecil Peoples judging?"

He was.

cecilhs3.jpg

hahahahaha ive said it before and ill say it again. Cecil Peoples is the WORST MMA judge out there. He is the Dan Mirgliotta of judging. Every commission inthe US should strip this guy of his license.

Bastich, I pretty much had the same situation at my house. It was a pro-Machida crowd mostly because my boys knew I was going to be extremely irate if I lost$750, but also because Machida is (or was) THAT DUDE. I think the only ones remotely rooting for Rua were the women as my fiancee (whos actually fairlyknowlegable about MMA) and my buddy's gf were debating which of the two was cuter and therefore they would root for the cuter fighter.

Originally Posted by chino905

so what will be the main event for ufc 106?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I cant imagine Cain took that much damage from picking up Rothwell and slamming him on his head repeatedly. If Cain is medically cleared to fightand wants to take it on short notice, they should give him a crack at Carwin and have the winner face Brock in early 2010 for the strap. Either that, or seeif Nog is willing to take a fight on short notice and give him a crack at Carwin.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by chino905

so what will be the main event for ufc 106?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I cant imagine Cain took that much damage from picking up Rothwell and slamming him on his head repeatedly. If Cain is medically cleared to fight and wants to take it on short notice, they should give him a crack at Carwin and have the winner face Brock in early 2010 for the strap. Either that, or see if Nog is willing to take a fight on short notice and give him a crack at Carwin.
Velasquez vs Carwin for the Number 1 Contender would be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

^what fight was that when rampage said that? just curious

The Griffen fight of course. Can't see how Forrest won 3 rounds out of that fight. Rampage really should be undefeated in the UFC.
wrong.

i was talking about rampage vs. murilo rua.

everyone who watched it knows that ninja won that fight. u can even hear bas rutten say that ninja won as the fight was about to end.

very similar situation from the machida vs shogun fight.

big difference is that rampage was honest enough to say that he lost the fight and that the judges decision were wrong. he even offered his trophy to ninjawhen he recieved it.

rampage = honest true fighter

machida = fake wannabe self-proclaimed samurai

if u claim ur of samurai blood, its dishonorable to accept a win u do not deserve. hes supposed to be a true martial artist right? not just some prize fighter.and of course machida is gonna say yes to a rematch. hes already lost face with the whole "well the judges said i won, so i dont really care what anyoneelse says."

now shogun knows how his brother felt like back in pride

he can barely even attempt to speak english and was in obvious pain... who cares what he really had to say, we all seen him lose

The Griffen fight of course. Can't see how Forrest won 3 rounds out of that fight. Rampage really should be undefeated in the UFC.
wrong.

everyone who watched it knows that ninja won that fight. u can even hear bas rutten say that ninja won as the fight was about to end.

big difference is that rampage was honest enough to say that he lost the fight and that the judges decision were wrong. he even offered his trophy to ninja when he recieved it.

if u claim ur of samurai blood, its dishonorable to accept a win u do not deserve. hes supposed to be a true martial artist right? not just some prize fighter. and of course machida is gonna say yes to a rematch. hes already lost face with the whole "well the judges said i won, so i dont really care what anyone else says."

All Rampage did was give him a rinky dink trophy. The thing wasn't a title fight or tourny or anything of importance. You think if it was anactually belt Rampage would give it up? LOL. No fighter in their right mind would give up that much money on the table that comes with being a champion.Nobody. You're whole statement makes it seem like these fighters should act like shaolin monks or something
laugh.gif

wrong.

big difference is that rampage was honest enough to say that he lost the fight and that the judges decision were wrong. he even offered his trophy to ninja when he recieved it.

if u claim ur of samurai blood, its dishonorable to accept a win u do not deserve. hes supposed to be a true martial artist right? not just some prize fighter. and of course machida is gonna say yes to a rematch. hes already lost face with the whole "well the judges said i won, so i dont really care what anyone else says."

Yeah I read the previous statement wrong. I remember this. Rampage looks like #@% as soon as the decision is announced and Rua leaves crying..Wanderlei is like eff him don't take the trophy
laugh.gif
and then Shogunsteps in to challenge Rampage.

All Rampage did was give him a rinky dink trophy. The thing wasn't a title fight or tourny or anything of importance. You think if it was an actually belt Rampage would give it up? LOL. No fighter in their right mind would give up that much money on the table that comes with being a champion. Nobody. You're whole statement makes it seem like these fighters should act like shaolin monks or something

This is originally why I immediately thought of the Griffin fight. NO WAY Griffin won yet Rampage said "even Rampage loses once in awhile" and justaccepted him losing the belt.. Of course this is after the fact Rampage said he would bet his purse that the fight wouldn't go to a decision and got chasedby cops.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

wrong.

All Rampage did was give him a rinky dink trophy. The thing wasn't a title fight or tourny or anything of importance. You think if it was an actually belt Rampage would give it up? LOL. No fighter in their right mind would give up that much money on the table that comes with being a champion. Nobody. You're whole statement makes it seem like these fighters should act like shaolin monks or something
laugh.gif
well thats the thing... Machida does act like hes some samurai from the tokugawa era.

i dont really care if hes just some prize fighter. any other fighter would not give up his belt and money. we can all agree on that.

but hes always preaching about the samurai way and the honor of the samurai. thats cool and all, but he straight up lied in the interviews.

like i said before, i would have given machida so much respect if he went up to shogun and told him, "you won that fight... i'll give u arematch."

anyways... shogun vs. machida 2 will be very interesting

Back
Top Bottom