Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Update: Koscheck, Johnson Agreed for UFC 106

Tuesday, October 27, 2009
by Sherdog.com Staff

Josh Koscheck and Anthony Johnson have verbally agreed to fight each other at UFC 106 on Nov. 21 in Las Vegas, Sherdog.com has learned from a source close to the bout.

Koscheck announced Tuesday on his Twitter account that he would be fighting Nov. 21 in Las Vegas in a co-main event fight.

"I got some big fight news for me," he wrote. "I am fighting nov 21 in Vegas. Co main event!!! Haha it's on baby!!!!"

Following Brock Lesnar's withdrawal from his title defense against Shane Carwin, the scheduled UFC 106 co-main event, Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin, became the main event. Reports surfaced later that the UFC was looking to bolster the card with a new co-main, and that now appears to be the case with Koscheck-Johnson.

Koscheck stopped Frank Trigg at UFC 103 in September to rebound from an upset loss to Paulo Thiago in February. Sherdog.com's No. 5-ranked welterweight, he has 11 UFC wins and four losses. Johnson, 8-2, has won three straight in the Octagon. Most recently he stopped Yoshiyuki Yoshida on Oct. 24.

anybody got a gif of rumble beating his chest
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

that machida fight isnt on the wikipedia page. I think someone editted it in there for fun and as for lesnar, there is a rumor hes not even ready for that dayeither

edit: sorry to ruin the party lol but half that card doesnt even know if they are fighting

[h1]Machida-Rua 2 in the Works for UFC 108[/h1]
by
Jeremy Botter

[h4]Jeremy Botter[/h4]
Scribe, Featured Columnist

48 articles written
872 comments written
45 fans

View Profile
Send a Message
Scribe Written on October 27, 2009

17854_feature.jpg
(Photo by Jon Kopaloff/Getty Images)

[h5]Vote Now! - Author Poll[/h5]
Who will win the rematch?
  • Lyoto Machida
  • Mauricio Rua
vote to see results

A rematch between UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua is in the works for UFC 108. Dave Meltzer revealed the news on his radio show (subscription required) last night, and Heavy.com has confirmed with sources close to both fighters that the bout is under preliminary discussion.

Rua has agreed to the fight, and Machida will take the fight if he is medically able to do so. The light heavyweight champion has been suspended for 60 days, however, including 60 days with no contact. The suspension will make a Jan. 2 fight incredibly difficult to book.

UFC 108, expected to be subtitled "The Ultimate 2009," will also feature the postponed Brock Lesnar-Shane Carwin bout. The company had tentatively slated a middleweight title bout between Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort for the card, but Silva's recent surgery may leave him unable to perform on the card. With the addition of these two main events, there will likely be no need for Silva to rush back for the date.

UFC 108 takes place Jan. 2 in Las Vegas. The card will feature a light heavyweight contender's bout between Rashad Evans and Thiago Silva and a heavyweight bout between fast-rising prospect Junior dos Santos and former championship contender Gabriel Gonzaga.

UFC 104 Payouts

Lyoto Machida -- $200,000 (No Win Bonus)
laugh.gif

def. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua -- $155,000

Cain Velasquez -- $70,000 (including $35,000 win bonus)
def. Ben Rothwell -- $50,000

Gleison Tibau -- $38,000 (including $19,000 win bonus)
def. Josh Neer -- $14,000

Joe Stevenson -- $94,000 (including $47,000 win bonus
def. Spencer Fisher -- $26,000

Anthony Johnson -- $30,000 (including $15,000 win bonus)
def. Yoshiyuki Yoshida -- $12,000

Patrick Barry -- $134,000 (including $7,000 win bonus,$60,000 FOTN bonus, $60,000 knockout bonus)
pimp.gif

def. Antoni Hardonk -- $76,000 (including $60,000 FOTN bonus)

Chael Sonnen -- $54,000 (including $27,000 win bonus)
def. Yushin Okami -- $18,000

Jorge Rivera -- $36,000 (including $18,000 win bonus)
def. Rob Kimmons -- $9,000

Ryan Bader -- $30,000 (including $15,000 win bonus)
def. Eric Schafer -- $13,000

Kyle Kingsbury -- $16,000 (including $8,000 win bonus)
def. Razak Al-Hassan -- $3,000

Stefan Struve -- $74,000 (including $7,000 win bonus, $60,000 submission bonus)
def. Chase Gormley -- $ 10,000

I don't know what determines the "win bonus" (except for the obvious) but Lyoto didn't get any...?!
laugh.gif

and Patrick Barry got PAID.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by therenegade23

EA MMA = 2K's All-Pro Football 2008, one and done. $10 on sales rack in a few month once it's released

I seriously doubt this. UFC undisputed is still going for full price at most places unless used. This should be a better game.

The UFC name and the fighters has more of an impact with casual fans. I don't think the EA game will be able to compete SALES wise, even if the overallproduct is superior.

that card is sick

More and more information is coming out about Dan Henderson's contract negotiations with the UFC. The latest, according to Fightline.com, is that Henderson was asking for $5 million per fight which would put him on the same level as Brock Lesnar in terms of per fight income. The $5 million per fight would include his purse, performances bonuses and points off the pay per view buys so it just wouldn't be straight salary, but still sounds a little crazy to me. It won't sound so crazy though if he ends up getting anywhere close to that amount considering he only made $350,000 off his last fight with Michael Bisping.

http://mmaposers.com/blog...enderson-saga-continues/

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

More and more information is coming out about Dan Henderson's contract negotiations with the UFC. The latest, according to Fightline.com, is that Henderson was asking for $5 million per fight which would put him on the same level as Brock Lesnar in terms of per fight income. The $5 million per fight would include his purse, performances bonuses and points off the pay per view buys so it just wouldn't be straight salary, but still sounds a little crazy to me. It won't sound so crazy though if he ends up getting anywhere close to that amount considering he only made $350,000 off his last fight with Michael Bisping.

http://mmaposers.com/blog...enderson-saga-continues/

While I think Hendo is in fact a legend, and one of the best MMA fighters ever, I just can't truly believe that he is the draw that a lot ofthe top paid fighters are. People aren't paid in MMA based on ability. That's just the cold hard facts.

Dan deserves every dollar he can get, but stacked up against known draws like Chuck, Brock, Randy, BJ and the likes, I don't think he brings as much to thetable from a "butt in seats/PPV buys" standpoint.

It's whatever, though. I hope they figure something out and get him fighting again.

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

If this is true, I will actually order this on PPV.

not a chance that all of these will be on a single card.

3 (probably even 4) of the fights could headline an event in themselves

Hendo was asking for $5 milli? I can't believe that, he said in a couple interviews that what he wanted was def not a rediculous price, but if it really istrue at him asking for 5 milli then smh.

God damn Junk was landing some shots and Mitrione STILL wouldn't go down..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

these heavyweight dudes aint even in shape enough to go 2 minutes...

do they do no cardio while their in the house?

I think it's safe to say that there aren't any future champions coming out of this season of TUF.. A lot of these guys can't even go one roundwithout getting gassed..
laugh.gif

these heavyweight dudes aint even in shape enough to go 2 minutes...

do they do no cardio while their in the house?

this is ridiculous.

if i was the other fighters, i'd start running while this match goin on,
smh.gif

whoevers in the best shape is gonna win this competition

These TUF fights are horrible, I'm willing to bet this is the first and last time they do an all heavyweight cast.

Back
Top Bottom