Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

i've always preferred

natasha-wicks-ufc-001.jpg

natasha-wicks-ufc-004.jpg

embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

arianny aint all that hot.
strong e-standards

bingo. im only fronting so that i can tell people that random internet guys 1, 2, and 3 will think im cool.

because of all the evidence that the approval of the people in this thread has been so important to me in the past.

you've hit the nail on the head yet again.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

smh.gif
I dont care on how much Rogan defends Diego's mental game...the guy's psychotic. At least he got to hit Arriany though + I like his idea of not having a living room
laugh.gif

and Kongo talking smack about Mir reminds me of dudes whom I went to HS with (I went to a diversed one) them dudes get mad like that
laugh.gif
It's like someone stole their lego.
wait wat?! elaborate on this...

out of the 3 ring girls... arianny > logan > natasha. to me arriany is the cutest one, logan's got that girl next door look cuz i usually see girlslike her all the time, and brunettes over blondes.

news

- hughes and renzo almost a done deal for April show in Abu Dhabi.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
UFC president Dana White on Thursday revealed that Matt Hughes would make his next appearance in the Octagon in April. He hinted at Renzo Gracie as Hughes' opponent, but didn't outright confirm it.

"Sounds good to me," he said of the proposed bout through a Cheshire grin.

Well, Hughes took care of the rest on his official Web site later in the day.

"I see that Dana has let the cat out of the bag. So I can tell you what I know, on April 10th I will be fighting Renzo Gracie in Abu Dhabi," the former UFC welterweight champion wrote. "I haven't signed any paperwork and I don't think Renzo has either; but I think this fight is going to happen."

He indicated that he would begin "serious training" at the New Year.

Not only does Hughes' post firm up the bout with Gracie, who also talked about it in a recent Portuguese language interview, but it also firms up a date for the UFC's debut in Abu Dhabi.

Gracie (13-6-1) hasn't fought in nearly three years, but is on a three-fight streak that includes wins over Frank Shamrock, Pat Miletich, and Carlos Newton. Hughes (43-7) hasn't fought since a May win over Matt Serra, who is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt under Gracie.

The fight is a prime example of bouts that have an intriguing story line, but don't necessarily have title implications, something the UFC could use as it struggles to hold together headline bouts while the majority of its champions are injured or otherwise on the sidelines.

"Sometimes it's not about where's the guy been. There's this whole beef about Renzo choking out Pat Miletich (Hughes' friend and former trainer)," commented White. "Sometimes guys just want to fight, and Renzo's been training. He wants to fight Matt Hughes and Matt Hughes wants to fight him."

There's a fight that Gracie would like to avenge, as well. Hughes defeated Renzo's cousin, Royce, by TKO at UFC 60.

It's not at all surprising that the bout would take place in Abu Dhabi. Renzo has served as the personal jiu-jitsu instructor to H.H. General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi. The Gracie family in general is very popular in Abu Dhabi due to its ties with the Sheikh and his family.

[/td] [/tr][/table]

- essentially no press at on kenflo and guida.

kenny is in limbo a bit after dropping 2 title chances but guida could get back in the race if he clay and pray's his way to a decision again.

still a big fight at 155.

After months of speculation about a potential signing, Strikeforce overnight made it official and announced Bobby Lashley has inked a multi-year contract.

The 33-year-old will make his promotional debut on the Jan. 30 "Strikeforce: Miami" card as part of the night's Showtime broadcast, though no opponent has been revealed.

Lashley (4-0), a former champion for World Wrestling Entertainment who now performs for Total Nonstop Action, is undefeated since his move to mixed martial arts.
Strikeforce lands another signing. Their heavyweight division (if all there) is solid. I wish Bobby Lashley woulda gone to the UFC, but stillworking with TNA wasn't gonna help him/

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

arianny aint all that hot.
strong e-standards

bingo. im only fronting so that i can tell people that random internet guys 1, 2, and 3 will think im cool.

because of all the evidence that the approval of the people in this thread has been so important to me in the past.

you've hit the nail on the head yet again.
wink.gif
insecurities..blinding...too bright...

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

After months of speculation about a potential signing, Strikeforce overnight made it official and announced Bobby Lashley has inked a multi-year contract.

The 33-year-old will make his promotional debut on the Jan. 30 "Strikeforce: Miami" card as part of the night's Showtime broadcast, though no opponent has been revealed.

Lashley (4-0), a former champion for World Wrestling Entertainment who now performs for Total Nonstop Action, is undefeated since his move to mixed martial arts.
Strikeforce lands another signing. Their heavyweight division (if all there) is solid. I wish Bobby Lashley woulda gone to the UFC, but still working with TNA wasn't gonna help him/

ufc has a legit point with the exclusive contract thing though. cant have lashley running off to play fight-ballet every week when he's supposed to betraining for a bout.

strikeforce has been signing some legit fighters the last month, hendo, manhoef, and that cross promotional deal with Dream is a huge boon for them.

if they can get the general public to realize that ufc and mma arent the same thing, then they're starting to get the talent to put together ppv buydrawing fights.

Originally Posted by Battousai701

smh.gif
I dont care on how much Rogan defends Diego's mental game...the guy's psychotic. At least he got to hit Arriany though + I like his idea of not having a living room
laugh.gif

and Kongo talking smack about Mir reminds me of dudes whom I went to HS with (I went to a diversed one) them dudes get mad like that
laugh.gif

out of the 3 ring girls... arianny > logan > natasha. to me arriany is the cutest one, logan's got that girl next door look cuz i usually see girls like her all the time, and brunettes over blondes.

Oh whatttt diego hit it?I think everyone knows Huerta did, but Diego is news to me too.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by Battousai701

smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

out of the 3 ring girls... arianny > logan > natasha. to me arriany is the cutest one, logan's got that girl next door look cuz i usually see girls like her all the time, and brunettes over blondes.

Oh whatttt diego hit it?I think everyone knows Huerta did, but Diego is news to me too.
Huerta?

I thought it was well known that Josh Burkman of all people was dating Arriany at some point.

^ that would be a sight.

as long as he faced someone with serious ground game to settle this mma/boxing debate.

more pumped for FEG DYNAMITE!! than 107.

Aoki vs. Kawajiri

Masato vs. Souwer III

kid
sylvia
sapp
manhoef
sakuraba
hong man choi
mach

pimp.gif

BJ hopefully runs through Diego. I would not mind seeing a bloodfest and seeing BJ pulled off of him. Kid needs a reality check. Got one at 170 by Kos and BJshould do it at 155.

Mir is huge. If he can keep himself close to 270 he should set up nicely against Brock. 240 is way too light to fight Brock.

Sanchez' act is somewhat tired, to me. Penn is going to destroy him.

"Lights Out" fat #!! is in Memphis for some BBQ, who is he kidding?

at the end of the day im picking BJ to win this one

but its really too close to call, a lot of the main events have been lately, GSP pretty much laid down the foundation on how to beat BJ, florian tried to pullit off but he's just wasnt big or strong enough to do it, but diego is definitely a lot stronger than kenny, he's nowhere gsp in terms of strength andathleticism but he's way beyond florian

my guess is that diego's going to come out and try and turn up the pace with his striking and eventually go for a takedown, but i see bj withstanding thebarrage

The live feed of the weigh-in is always a good break from the action on my Fridays before a PPV

laugh.gif
@ Diego at the weigh-ins.

"I have two words for you: Destiny."

i like mir but he always talks sideways. Hope for a good night of fights

laugh.gif
diego is a nutcase,

i will be expecting this

10oe0lz.jpg

diego is hyping himself too much, like some lil kid in the schoolyard. bj penn, hopefully in top form, is gonna show him why the prodigy is one of the bestp4p.

mir might be thinking like overeem and put on muscle to make himself a better fighter. he already thinks that his striking is godly. on paper he should takethe win with a simple takedown and sub, but i wanna see his cocky face get ktfo by kongo.

and its always nice to see sakuraba fighting again.

Couple of statements for the last couple pages of this thread:

1.James Tony yo warn out @%* need to settle down. TMNT @%* #$@%%.

2. Kongo is oficially that dude. Mir is a lame.

3.YEEEESSSS!!! BUURRRRR!!!

I hate Penn and Mir. So I'll be on the sanchez-Kongo side. Mir got destroyed by lesnar. His mouth still ain't shut and insulting Kongo on his English?Really Mir? Bj talks when he beats guys that are just not on his level. Hopefully sanchez makes him Quit. And Clay all day! see ya'll tonight.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom