Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

^
He was gassed in his fight with Big Country.  He used Roy as a punching bag for 3 rounds.  Compared to Junior's other fights, his last 2 were ok.  It's probably because i'm used to fireworks with him.  He was hitting Shane with good shots but was mostly staying on the outside.  Both guys usually put their opponents to sleep, so we're not used to them going to a decision. 

JDS about to take that strap from Cain...
eek.gif
at the Stout KO and
pimp.gif
at the Eimeno fight.
Hopefully the winner of the SF GP will fight for the UFC HW title.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
He was gassed in his fight with Big Country.  He used Roy as a punching bag for 3 rounds.  Compared to Junior's other fights, his last 2 were ok.  It's probably because i'm used to fireworks with him.  He was hitting Shane with good shots but was mostly staying on the outside.  Both guys usually put their opponents to sleep, so we're not used to them going to a decision. 

He was saying on the outside because he was so much faster and Carwin has bricks for hands. You dont want to test that power. He got touched once and got smart. 
Roy has a Cabbage type chin. You are NOT knocking him out. 

Damn man Shane was straight up battered.
sick.gif
I didn't wanna see him go out like that, was hoping hed just catch a KO. Does show the mans heart though. He wasn't giving up for nothing.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Wow man I've seen Herb Dean stop fights for a LOT less than that.
eek.gif

Thats what I'm sayin'.
People didn't think JDS did much? He beat that man down for about 20seconds NON STOP. 

Carwin got a second chance in that fight.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Roy does indeed have a solid chin.  He did get KO'ed by Arlovski though.  Andre is a damn giant with sick power.
The Maia - Munoz fight was good.  Maia's standup has improved a ton since his last fight.

I guess Kenny is getting his title shot now since he's the only matchup that would draw interest.  I don't know what's next for him if he loses though.  That'd be 3 title fight losses for him.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Roy does indeed have a solid chin.  He did get KO'ed by Arlovski though.  Andre is a damn giant with sick power.

Andrei...
30t6p3b.gif
One of my favorites, but Tim Sylvia ruined dude. So much power, so much promise, but now he's nothing more than Glass Joe.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by MOE FAB UAFA

Damn I don't like Cain or JDS. But, I'm going o have to go with Cain on this one.
eek.gif

Not sure how that's possible to not like at least one of them. Both young, humble dudes who put on entertaining shows everytime out. What's not to like? JDS' personality is whatever to me but it's more the language barrier than anything.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Damn I don't like Cain or JDS. But, I'm going o have to go with Cain on this one.
eek.gif

Not sure how that's possible to not like at least one of them. Both young, humble dudes who put on entertaining shows everytime out. What's not to like? JDS' personality is whatever to me but it's more the language barrier than anything.

laugh.gif

I've asked myself that same question. I think it's because I like Brock and Cain went Blitzkrieg on him, and I just don't like JDS. I'm still rolling with Cain though.

True, I like Brock myself. If he had to lose to anyone in that fashion, I'm glad it was to Cain. Cain is all class.

He is. But, I think the reason I don't like him most is because of all the hype he got in the Hispanic community. Alot, and I mean alot, of people I know only rolled with him because he's Chicano, not because he's a good fighter. That's what really irked me the most. The way his fans were, he was kind of viewed as a "De La Hoya" type guy to me (Hype-wise not talent-wise). It's unfair, but such is life. Needless to say, he is a beast.

True, I like Brock myself. If he had to lose to anyone in that fashion, I'm glad it was to Cain. Cain is all class.

He is. But, I think the reason I don't like him most is because of all the hype he got in the Hispanic community. Alot, and I mean alot, of people I know only rolled with him because he's Chicano, not because he's a good fighter. That's what really irked me the most. The way his fans were, he was kind of viewed as a "De La Hoya" type guy to me (Hype-wise not talent-wise). It's unfair, but such is life. Needless to say, he is a beast.
Ohhhhh OK. Well I feel you on that. I didn't even know he was that hyped... I mean to a degree where it would be annoying.

The fight is gonna be one to remember. I wish they could make it a best out of 5 series
laugh.gif

JDS looks focused and is coming for that belt. He fought a smart fight and still won in dominating fashion. Cain vs. JDS is going to be a good fight, I can't even call who's going to win it.

If the line is close like I expect it to be, I'll be putting a LOT of money on JDS. Cain is coming back from major shoulder surgery that I believe will effect his punching power. I just don't see Cain winning unless he LnPs JDS, and I doubt that will be the gameplan.

Watching last nights fights for the first time since I was at work and missed it... My man JDS coming out to Rocky theme.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom