Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

So, Fedor fighting a complete can in jeff monson. After that victory, "He'll be back" and thoughts of retirement will be thrown out the window.

Where is Fedor fighting Monson at? M1? When is it? Isnt Monson competing in ADCC later this month? On that note, isnt Roger Gracie also doing ADCC? Lets hope he gets out of this weekends fight unscathed.

The books seem to think that Brock will be competitive. Opening odds have it almost dead even.

I would give Reem the slight edge odds wise, but I understand why one could book it even odds.

Reem can be taken down. Will Reem's striking ability be able to keep Brock at a distance for enough of the fight. I don't think his wrestling and TDD is really that great and he gasses.

Dammit, I really wanted to see Diaz fight GSP, but I think Condit has a better chance of winning. I hate GSP. Hope he goes down.

I can't wait to hear the full story though. There has to be more than just missing the press conference.

Diaz 
laugh.gif

Dana: Cesar apologizes and says, "I agree with you 100%. We're embarrassed, I've been trying to chase Nick around town. No one can find him"

Dana: "We've spent over $15,000 on flights for over the past couple days on nick"

This blows. Huge fan of Diaz. He blew it all away over nothing.

Gotta wait for the details about Diaz/GSP.  I'm puzzled.  I just read the timeline on inside fights.

Condit vs. GSP is still a great fight though.  But who's gonna fight BJ?

About Brock/Overeem.  I'm no Brock hater, but I think he loses by KO.  He couldn't handle Cain and it seems like he doesn't like getting hit.  Overeem fought a bunch of nobodies, but still.  I think Brock's window might be limited, so they had to make the fight.  I want to see it, but only when Brock is 100%.

Originally Posted by ludex360

Originally Posted by True Blues

Diaz 
laugh.gif

diaz is such a fool
He really is, you been crying about money for over a year, your payday finally comes and your running out the backdoor of your managers house to avoid a **+!+*@ press conference.
30t6p3b.gif

This blows, GSP is just gonna control Condit for 5 rounds and call it a night. 

And is also screws BJ too. 

!%@@ NICK DIAZ, 

Ughh I was so hyped for 137. While Condit/GSP is still an intriguing fight I was looking forward to GSP/Diaz and Condit/GSP more. Dana does mention having a backup opponent for BJ though, wonder who that could be.

Diaz
laugh.gif

and co-sign on Brock not liking to get touched up... he reacts very poorly, flinches, closes his eyes, scrambles, etc... if he can get reem donw hell do work but i think we all know what Reems #1,2, n 3 priorities are comin into this one... SPRAWLLLL
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jayt206

Ughh I was so hyped for 137. While Condit/GSP is still an intriguing fight I was looking forward to GSP/Diaz and Condit/GSP more. Dana does mention having a backup opponent for BJ though, wonder who that could be.

nickdiaz

clown
30t6p3b.gif

Dana said he's working on another big fight for BJ...... stylistically i don't see where he can make a match like the one thats just been spoiled.

Melendez perhaps??

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

nickdiaz
Nah I doubt Dana would do that, homeboy might not even show up. 
laugh.gif

I say its either going to be Fitch, Kos or wait to see how Shields makes it out his fight.  

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

nickdiaz
Nah I doubt Dana would do that, homeboy might not even show up. 
laugh.gif

I say its either going to be Fitch, Kos or wait to see how Shields makes it out his fight.  
Kos is fighting Hughes at 135.

Dammit.  Diaz probably smoked himself stupid last week and messed everything up.  GSP vs. Condit is also a great fight but not as good.  I hope Condit comes out guns blazing and shocks everyone by getting a knockout.  It is funny that Cesar Gracie said he cornered Nick and he escaped when he wasn't looking.  Sounding like a little kid.
I don't think Dana will match BJ up with a lightweight.  I think BJ just wants some big fights at WW for now.  Unless they do a catchweight with another LW.

Originally Posted by PrideFan

I have to take Overeem in this one. NO QUESTION. Big, strong, excellent sprawls, Elite of Elite striking. Scary.
He looked very average against Werdum.  He was scared of Werdum's weak takedowns and got hit a bunch of times.  If Brock can get close for a takedown it's over unless Ubereem can lock in a guillotine.

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by PrideFan

I have to take Overeem in this one. NO QUESTION. Big, strong, excellent sprawls, Elite of Elite striking. Scary.
He looked very average against Werdum.  He was scared of Werdum's weak takedowns and got hit a bunch of times.  If Brock can get close for a takedown it's over unless Ubereem can lock in a guillotine.

easy now... why you gotta be clownin on my coaches takedowns.  indirectly that means you are clowning on my takedowns since I'm learning it from him.

kiddin.  fwiw, my takedowns and everything else bjj related sucks but that is more a product of my lack of athleticism than it is of the coaching I receive.

Back
Top Bottom