Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Something really weird with the Diaz situation. I don't think we've heard or seen the end of it yet. I just don't see him screwing up so badly and losing his chance to fight GSP.

Anyway, Fitch vs. Diaz would be awesome. I wouldn't mind Rory Mac vs. Penn either.

For Brock/AO, the only chance Brock has is to take AO down fast and keep him there. Make it an ugly GNP fight. If he can't take AO down and stays with strikes, it'll be a long night.
I wouldnt mind seeing Fitch v. Diaz.  I'm no sure about Rory v. BJ though.  Like someone said, Rory is already on deck to fight TWAS in a future event.  Also, I dont know if the UFC wants to derail Rory (again) as he is definitely a future champion caliber fighter.

Dana mentioned that he had something absolutely crazy in the works for BJ.  Maybe the UFC pays a kings ransom to bring Rickson out of retirement?  Re-sign that bum Marquardt so he can put his money where his mouth is and get smashed by BJ?  See if BJ is willing to move back to 155 and have Aldo relinquish the 145 title and move right up to 155?  I can dream right?

Haha, I laughed at the end of this post.  Aldo moving up to fight Penn would be too epic for this card.  That's a fight that would be a headliner on it's own.  I read somewhere that Penn doesn't have to cut too much weight to make lightweight, he's natural at that weight and he's an undersized welterweight.  Maybe it could happen, but in a month? 

Marquardt ain't coming back.  That guy screwed up big time.

You never know about Rory, they pulled fighters and changed match-ups in the past, didn't that happen with Rashad/Phil Davis/Ortiz or something like that?  Rory looks ready to fight Penn, but that's a pretty big upgrade from his previous fights.

It's not gonna happen anytime soon, but I'd actually like to see Condit vs. Diaz.  Stylistically, that would be a crazy fight.

^ hahaha yea, if Aldo moved up and BJ moved down to face each other, my head would literally explode. The chance of that happening though is probably about as high as Rickson coming out of retirement.

TBH, I dont want to see Rory fight BJ because I like Rory and don't want to root against him. Also, if Rory were to somehow beat/finish BJ (not saying it would happen, just hypothetical) it may mess with BJ's head so much that he would consider retirement.

They should just put Nate Diaz vs. BJ
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by quiickz

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by quik1987

Why else would someone

Miss 3 flights

Run away from the most important fight of their career

Avoid the biggest pay day ever

Not avenge a friend and teammate

Run out the back door when their manager isn't looking

Dishonour their gym

scared
or crazy.  im leaning towards crazy.

Drugs. It's gotta be drugs.
Rumor is that Diaz was going to make around 2 million for the fight, that's enough money to set him up for the rest of his life. I really doubt Nick threw that payday away just because he was scared of being lay n' prayed on for 5 rounds. 
He got mental problems, dude has ADD, anxiety and smoke a ton of weed to deal with it. 

But at the end of the day he was just trying to get all the money without doing all the work, and Dana White don't play that +%@%. So yeah, Nick Diaz is a $+$$%** idiot 

Dana just tweeted Diaz vs Penn for UFC 137. Why pull Diaz from the GSP fight because he didn't show up to UFC events, then stick him on the same card against Penn? I don't understand the dynamics behind that, assuming it is Nick Diaz, as I feel that Nate has no chance against the likes of BJ.

I'm still confused by this Nick Diaz situation. He says he's ready to fight but sneaks out the backdoor of his manager's house to avoid promoting the fight vs. GSP? Then he gets a fight with BJ Penn?

Now imagine by some miracle Condit beats GSP.
laugh.gif

LMAO

I refuse to believe Condit is more of a challenge to GSP than Nick. On the other hand, Diaz VS Penn is an interesting match up... Diaz has everything Penn has plus the Cardio. Least in my opinion. 

That is so stupid, if Nick wins he is still going to be #1 contender and Dana gonna have to go through the same thing next year 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But I'm still hyped. I wasn't going to pay to see GSP control Condit for 5 rounds, but watching BJ and Diaz go at it is well worth the money 

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

LMAO

I refuse to believe Condit is more of a challenge to GSP than Nick. On the other hand, Diaz VS Penn is an interesting match up... Diaz has everything Penn has plus the Cardio. Least in my opinion. 
There pretty equal in my book, Nick has better cardio and BJ has better wrestling. 

Is Dana hoping that BJ will mess up Nick bad?  He'll probably have a pep talk with him before the fight and tell him to  @$#%#%#^^ and teach Diaz a lesson.

Originally Posted by shogun

Is Dana hoping that BJ will mess up Nick bad?  He'll probably have a pep talk with him before the fight and tell him to  @$#%#%#^^ and teach Diaz a lesson.

That's how it seems the more I think of this fight. Diaz didn't have to worry about GSP's Jiu Jitsu or Standup as much as he does with Penn.

But he doesn't have to worry about Penn's cardio as much as he would for GSP.

Diaz is no pushover, I don't think you can just tell someone even as talented as BJ to just "handle" Diaz. Seems like a pretty even match up to me. Penn is coming off of a nice KO over Hughes, but Hughes' best days are behind him.

This whole thing is a head scratcher. Just a weird...really strange sequence of events here. I want to see both fights anyway, but still. I think a lot of us are puzzled.

this is... awesome

do work BJ... i hope he can touch him up with the jab but Diaz is so damn longggg

Fights went from highly exciting to highly exciting. Diaz and Bj will be a very good fight. Condit deserves a shot at the title. He finishes and dominates. Dan hardy got a shot with a four fight win streak with 1 Ko. Im still very interested in these 2 fights.

bj vs nick so siiiick haha i hope my dude penn does work diaz ain't no joke. fight should be
pimp.gif

can't wait for all these dope fights comin up im even looking forward to the upcoming strikeforce event

Originally Posted by chino905

That is so dumb. Why not just put back the original fights now that Diaz is back?

I think your suggestion maybe even more dumb.

He's been relieved of a title shot. It's not like this is a couple undercard scraps where chopping and changing wouldn't matter too much.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

That is so dumb. Why not just put back the original fights now that Diaz is back?

He's been relieved of a title shot. It's not like this is a couple undercard scraps where chopping and changing wouldn't matter too much.

You serious? So b/c its not an undercard fight, it shouldn't be changed? main events get changed all the time, even within a few weeks before the actual ppv. All four fighters are cleared and now available to fight again, just put the damn event that you orginally planned. 

Also, I know many people think the Strikeforce HW Grand Prix might not as appealing as it was before, but this Saturday's event is still a very solid card from top to bottom.

Sfbvkposter.jpg
  • Heavyweight Grand Prix Semifinal bout: Josh Barnett vs.  Sergei Kharitonov
  • Heavyweight Grand Prix Semifinal bout: Antonio Silva vs. Daniel Cormier
  • Light Heavyweight bout: Muhammed Lawal vs. Roger Gracie
  • Lightweight bout: Pat Healy vs. Maximo Blanco

Originally Posted by Smedroc

You serious? So b/c its not an undercard fight, it shouldn't be changed? main events get changed all the time, even within a few weeks before the actual ppv. All four fighters are cleared and now available to fight again, just put the damn event that you orginally planned. 

im with you.  i would love to see the original card put back, but I dont think it can happen.  Dana had to make a point with Nick.  He cant go back on that now.  Its one thing if a non main event fight has to be changed on short notice, but its a much bigger deal if you have to change the main event itself.  

Back
Top Bottom